Playdough is so much fun to play with. It is fun and relaxing, but it can also be used for improving fine motor skills and counting skills. These Summer Playdough Counting Mats fun mats are a great way to practice counting from one to twenty!
Summer Learning Activities
- Popsicle Phonics Alphabet Puzzles
- Summer Sight Word Mazes
- Watermelon Fact Families Printable
- W is for Watermelon Handprint Craft
- Ice Cream Sundae Count to 20 Activity
- Seeds Find the Letter Worksheets
- Ice Cream Alphabet Puzzles
- Summer Playdough Counting Mats
- Free Bubble Word Family Sorting
- Swimming Goggles Uppercase / Lowercase Alphabet Puzzles
- 30 August Crafts for Kids
- FREE Pool Writing Numbers 1-20
- Camping Worksheets
- Summer Sun Alphabet Tracing Cards
- Zoo Scavenger Hunt
Summer Playdough Counting Mats
This 22-page printable pack contains one summer-themed playdough counting mat for each of the numbers one through twenty.
To prepare these playdough mats, I recommend laminating them. Alternatively, you could place them in sheet protectors, but that would not be as sturdy as laminating.
Ways to Use These Summer Counting Playdough Mats
- On each mat, you will find one large number. This is great for number formation. Your child can form the number out of playdough and then move onto the counting part of the mat. Then they can add the correct number of balls of playdough or sprinkle shapes to the number frames. Then they can they make their own sprinkles or balls out of playdough; we used a variety of blue, pink and yellow play dough; placing the correct number of sprinkles onto the ice cream. They could also use different coloured sequins instead of play dough.
- Alternatively, if you have laminated these mats, your child can use them to practice their handwriting as well. Using a dry-erase marker, you child and trace the number, draw the correct number of sprinkles and then place the correct number of a dots or crosses in the ten frame.
- They could also use math counters, cut out shapes, foam stickers or game board pieces on these mats as well.
- Once they ready to move on, you could use these mats for simple addition and subtraction practice. Using two different colours of play dough, have your child create problems around the ice cream and in the ten frames, for example on mat number 7 they could add three blue sprinkles and four pink sprinkles to equal 7.
Download Summer Playdough Counting Mats
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!