Grab this alphabet matching game to practice letters with a fun, hands-on activity with a cute zoo theme. This ABC matching game will have children match capital letters with small letters. Simply print the matching letters game and you are ready to play and learn with pre-k, kindergarten, and first graders too.
Alphabet Matching Game
Kindergartners, preschoolers, and grade 1 students will love this zoo alphabet matching game. The free alphabet printable have a kid-favorite zoo template that match some alphabet dot stickers. This alphabet matching printable is a fun and interactive way for young children to learn the alphabet. It is an excellent tool for parents and teachers to introduce letter recognition and matching skills to children in a playful and engaging way. You could print and set this up as a file folder learning activity too.
ABC matching game
- A4 paper
- File folder (optional)
- Dot stickers or
- Alphabet dot stickers
Print the zoo template in colour or greyscale and then laminate them. You could print a template for every group for literacy centers too.
Matching Letters Game
These mats are so much fun for pre-schoolers and kindergarten kids alike. The fun zoo cage theme is one kids will engage with right away. Alphabet matching printables help young children learn the alphabet by recognizing letters and matching them with their corresponding letters. This activity can help children build a strong foundation for literacy skills.
Once you’ve laminated the zoo mats, place them on the table. The kids will choose a dot sticker with the matching alphabet, then place it on the zoo mat. They continue to do this until they match all of the alphabet. Essentially, they are doing this to ‘free the zoo animals’. So much fun!
Match capital letters with small letters
You could also choose to play this game in a file folder. This can be programmed in advance and then have the kids match their dot sticker ABCs in the file folder. The kids will love doing this! Alphabet matching printables are an excellent tool for parents and teachers to introduce letter recognition and matching skills to young children.
Another advantage is by incorporating these games into their daily or weekly routine, children can improve their memory, concentration, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills.
Looking for more abc printables for kids? You have tons of free alphabet printables
- Fun Alphabet, Phonics Coloring Pages
- Super cute, Free printable Letter Recognition Worksheets – each page has a different theme
- Disney Alphabet Coloring Pages to practice letter tracing A-Z
- Alphabet Books pdf – a book for each letter of the alphabet from A to Z
- Free Printable Alphabet Worksheets – handy with a page per letter with tracing for upper and lowercase letters
- Alphabet Maze pack to practice ABCs with cute themed mazes
- Print these handy Alphabet Printables for Wall
- Cut and Paste Alphabet Worksheets – great for learning ABCs with pre-k
- Super Cute Printable Letter Hats to color and wear for letter of the week
- Simple Alphabet Playdough Mats with space to trace letters
- Finish the picture Alphabet Playdough Mats
- Practice phonemic awareness with these cute, free printable KITE alphabet crafts
- Handy Alphabet Printables for Wall
- Build letters with these cute lego letters mat set
- Match letters and sounds to make a PB & J sandwich with clever initial sounds activities
- Free Build a Letter Template
- Pirate Letter Sound Games Printable Activity
Alphabet Activities for Kindergarten
- Super cute Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Practice letters with these clever Pirate ABC Worksheets
- Our most popular Alphabet worksheets as they have a little of everything (above)
- Super cute alphabet crafts using our free lower case letters printables
- Uppercase Alphabet Letter Crafts
- Alphabet Strips are a handy visual for kids
- Practice a variety of math and litearcy skills with these themed free alphabet printables
- Make a cute handprint alphabet project for each letter A – Z
- Simple Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Fun Letter Recognition Worksheets for Kids to do with do a dot markers
- Animal Themed Uppercase Letter Tracing Cards
- Alphabet Dot Marker Printables
- Animal Themed ABC Worksheets
- Cute fish Find the Letter Worksheets
- Print and Go Find the Letter Worksheets
- Free Printable Uppercase Letter Crafts
- Outrageously FUN Fruit Loop Alphabet Mats
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!