Grab this alphabet matching game to practice letters with a fun, hands-on activity with a cute zoo theme. This ABC matching game will have children match capital letters with small letters. Simply print the matching letters game and you are ready to play and learn with pre-k, kindergarten, and first graders too.
Alphabet Matching Game
Kindergartners, preschoolers, and grade 1 students will love this zoo alphabet matching game. The free alphabet printable have a kid-favorite zoo template that match some alphabet dot stickers. This alphabet matching printable is a fun and interactive way for young children to learn the alphabet. It is an excellent tool for parents and teachers to introduce letter recognition and matching skills to children in a playful and engaging way. You could print and set this up as a file folder learning activity too.
ABC matching game
- A4 paper
- File folder (optional)
- Dot stickers or
- Alphabet dot stickers
Print the zoo template in colour or greyscale and then laminate them. You could print a template for every group for literacy centers too.
Matching Letters Game
These mats are so much fun for pre-schoolers and kindergarten kids alike. The fun zoo cage theme is one kids will engage with right away. Alphabet matching printables help young children learn the alphabet by recognizing letters and matching them with their corresponding letters. This activity can help children build a strong foundation for literacy skills.
Once you’ve laminated the zoo mats, place them on the table. The kids will choose a dot sticker with the matching alphabet, then place it on the zoo mat. They continue to do this until they match all of the alphabet. Essentially, they are doing this to ‘free the zoo animals’. So much fun!
Match capital letters with small letters
You could also choose to play this game in a file folder. This can be programmed in advance and then have the kids match their dot sticker ABCs in the file folder. The kids will love doing this! Alphabet matching printables are an excellent tool for parents and teachers to introduce letter recognition and matching skills to young children.
Another advantage is by incorporating these games into their daily or weekly routine, children can improve their memory, concentration, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills.
Looking for more abc printables for kids? You have tons of free alphabet printables
- Fun Alphabet, Phonics Coloring Pages and free Alphabet Matching Worksheets
- Super cute, Free printable Letter Recognition Worksheets – each page has a different theme
- Disney Alphabet Coloring Pages to practice letter tracing A-Z and Alphabet Books pdf
- Free Printable Alphabet Worksheets – page per letter with tracing for upper and lowercase letters
- Alphabet Mazes and handy Alphabet Printables for Wall
- Cut and Paste Alphabet Worksheets and super Cute Printable Letter Hats to color
- Simple Alphabet Playdough Mats and finish the picture Alphabet Playdough Mats
- Practice phonemic awareness with these cute, free printable KITE alphabet crafts
- Handy Alphabet Printables for Wall and Pirate Letter Sound Games Printable Activity
- Build letters with these cute lego letters mat set and Free Build a Letter Template
- Match letters and sounds to make a PB & J sandwich with clever initial sounds activities
Alphabet Activities for Kindergarten
- Super cute Alphabet Coloring Pages or practice letters with these clever Pirate ABC Worksheets
- Our most popular Alphabet worksheets and free lower case letters printables
- Uppercase Alphabet Letter Crafts, free Alphabet Strips, and handy free alphabet printables
- Make a cute handprint alphabet project for each letter or grab these simple Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Fun Letter Recognition Worksheets plus animal themed Uppercase Letter Tracing cards
- Alphabet Dot Marker Printables and Animal Themed ABC Worksheets
- Cute fish Find the Letter Worksheets and Print and Go Find the Letter Worksheets
- Free Printable Uppercase Letter Crafts and Outrageously FUN Fruit Loop Alphabet Mats
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!