Get ready for giggles as kids creative some zany and silly animals with these free printable animal puzzles. Then use this animal habitats for kids activity to explore where animals actually live with this habitats activity for kids. This is such a fun science activity for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, first graders, and 2nd grade students.
Animal Habitats for Kids
Free Animal Habitat Printables
Now print the pack in color on cardstock for durability. Kids will enjoy making different silly animals over and over again so you need them to be durable. You will love how simple these puzzles are. These 2 part puzzles are perfectly aligned so that kids can mix and match any animals – mosquitoes, camels, ducks, fish, snails, snakes, and more.
Free Printable Animal Puzzles
My kids just giggled and giggled at the silly animal puzzles they created like the goat bird and the half chameleon and half spider animals. This fun animal habitats kindergarten worksheets start silly which lead to fantastic conversations about animal adaptations, micro evolutions, and more.
Make sure you have some scientific conversations while kids are making animals by asking some of these questions with this animal habitat games for kindergarten:
- would the goat bird have trouble swimming with his horns?
- how would the piranha turtle swim?
- what about the owl sea lion – would it fly or swim?
- where would these animals live, eat, etc
Habitats for Kids
After the kids enjoyed making some silly animal puzzles, we made the animals the “right way”. Then we worked on figuring out where the animals and their habitats belonged. We sorted the animal habitats preschool printables into 5 different habitats. There are six animals for each habitat. If you are unsure of what habitat animals belong in, don’t worry there is an answer key included!
Animal activities for preschoolers
Looking for more fun, animal counting activities for kids of all ages? You will love these creative resources:
- Animal I Spy Worksheets
- I Spy Farm Animals Printable
- Zoo Scavenger Hunt – lots of choices for teaching a variety of things for 3-15 year olds!
- Printable Farm Hidden Picture
- Animal Dot to Dot (math for prek / k)
- Count to 30 Bugs Activity
- Safari Animals Counting to 30 Game
- Color by Number Animals
- Count to 10 Zoo Animals Emergent Reader
- Farm Do a Dot Printable
- Farm Counting Animal Worksheets
- Farm Color by Number
- FREE printable animal masks templates
- Animal Finger Puppets – free printable
- Skip Counting Polar Animal Worksheets
- Free animal habitat printables – silly animal puzzles and sorting by animal habitats activity
- Forest animals worksheet – huge pack with math and literacy worksheets for prek and kindergarten age kids with a fun forest animal theme
- Animal Habitats for Kids Activity with Animal Cookies – kids will have fun sorting animal crackers into their homes or habitats with this fun, hands on science activity for early elementary age kids
- Animal habitats kindergarten worksheets – kids will have fun completing these science printables with circle stickers; this is a great way to introduce young leaners to the concept of biomes
- Forest Habitat Sensory Bin – kids will have fun learning as they play with the animals and vegetation in this hands -on biome activity.
- Habitat Game – this free printable allows students to learn about and practice matching animals to their homes. Includes animal cards so you can about individual animals too.
- Zoo Fieldtrip Guide
- Biome Coloring Pages
- Animal Homes Clip Cards
Looking for more fun, hands on science experiments for kindergartners? You will love these kindergarten science projects:
- Water Balloon Density Experiment
- Red White and Blue Science Project
- Heart Salt Crystals Experiment
- Egg Density Experiment
- Fizzing Christmas Science Experiment
- Frost in a Can Experiment
- Coloring Flowers Science Experiment
- Month-by-Month Science Experiments for Kindergartners
- Colorful Oil and Water Science Experiment
Animal Puzzles Printable
If you download from my site, you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from Scrappin Doodles License #94836 and Digi Web Studio
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!