Not much legitimately scares me when it comes to teaching my daughter. The one thing that does, though, is math. I can teach her addition and subtraction but when she gets older, I think I’ll be learning again right alongside her. For now, though, we are having fun with our themed math activities. Have you taught fact families, also known as fact triangles, before? They are actually pretty fun. Especially when they have fun themes like watermelon! I chose watermelon because it is a fun natural triangle shape, clever right? A fact family is a group of math facts that use the same numbers. For this activity we are practicing addition and subtraction.
For example the fact family could be 9, 4 and 5. 5+4=9 4+5=9 9-4=5 9-5=4
This obviously doesn’t work for all completely random numbers, but putting the right numbers down can help kids understand the connection between addition and subtraction. This also helps them memorize basic math equations.
Watermelon Fact Family
Summer Learning Activities
- Popsicle Phonics Alphabet Puzzles
- Summer Sight Word Mazes
- Printable Summer Math Worksheets
- Watermelon Fact Families Printable
- W is for Watermelon Handprint Craft
- Ice Cream Sundae Count to 20 Activity
- Free Bubble Word Family Sorting
- Swimming Goggles Uppercase / Lowercase Alphabet Puzzles
- 30 August Crafts for Kids
- Zoo Scavenger Hunt
Download Watermelon Fact Family
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!