Who can get enough of ice-cream especially in summer?! These fun Ice Cream Alphabet Puzzles are a great addition to your summer preschool activities, they will also make a great back to school kindergarten center activity!
Summer Learning Activities
- Popsicle Phonics Alphabet Puzzles
- Summer Sight Word Mazes
- Watermelon Fact Families Printable
- W is for Watermelon Handprint Craft
- Ice Cream Sundae Count to 20 Activity
- I is for Ice Cream Handprint Craft
- Free Bubble Word Family Sorting
- Swimming Goggles Uppercase / Lowercase Alphabet Puzzles
- 30 August Crafts for Kids
- Summer Sun Alphabet Tracing Cards
- Zoo Scavenger Hunt
FREE Ice Cream Alphabet Puzzles
These fun Ice Cream Alphabet Puzzles are so much fun, your kids will love them! They will hardly even realize they are practicing uppercase letters and lowercase letters. You can even add an ‘ice cream’ type incentive at the end of this activity to get the kids even more motivated.
I like getting the students familiar with their alphabet order first. So we would first review our alphabet orally and then maybe I’ll write a few rows of missing letters on the board like “a,b, ___” etc. We complete this as a class and have the kids remembering their letter order. I then like to remind them of their upper and lowercase letters. We also do this as a whole class. This is all done before I hand out the activity. To prepare
- Download the Ice cream Puzzle Cards below.
- Print on Card stock or A4 paper then Laminate.
- Cut the cards out.
- Store them in a plastic sleeve or file folder.
- Prepare the cards for a group of students (you can print and laminate more for more groups).
- Stack the ice cream cones on one side and the ice cream scoops on the other side.
- The kids will pick a puzzle card and identify the letter on the card then they try to find the scoop with the equivalent uppercase letter.
- You could place the cone cards next to each other and then have the kids find the matching scoops and place them on top.
- Finally, it’s a good idea to check the kids cards to make sure they have their puzzles matching!
- The kids can then write their uppercase and lowercase letters in their notebooks.
- Alphabet Worksheets
- Alphabet Mazes
- Colorful Alphabet Puzzles
- Alphabet Wallcards
- Letter Recognition Punch Cards
- Don’t miss all our alphabet activities
Download Ice Cream Alphabet Puzzles
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!