Has spring arrived where you live? Or perhaps you are still waiting for the warmer weather to pop up? These March crafts for kids are the perfect way to welcome spring weather, flowers, baby animals, and more! These march preschool crafts are fun for toddler, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd graders too. So whether you want to try a march arts and crafts about spring flowers, rainbows, baby birds, St Patrick’s Day Dr Seuss or some other project – you will find what you are looking for here!
March Crafts for Kids
This list of March crafts for kids includes lots of spring themed crafts, as well as some fun St Patrick’s Day crafts, rainbow crafts, ideas for celebrating Dr Seuss’s birthday on March 2nd, flower crafts, plus lots more fun ideas. There are enough march craft ideas on this list to try something new every day in March, so get crafty and have fun creating with these awesome kids crafts! These march crafts for preschoolers, kindergartners, march crafts for toddlers, grade 1, grade 2, and grade 3 students are so clever and unique!
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love these outrageously fun crafts for march ideas to make playing during March extra FUN! Use these as classroom art projects in March or fun at march projects to make as a family at home.
Dr Seuss Crafts
- Put Me In The Zoo Dr Seuss paper plate craft from Natural Beach Living. This is such a bright and happy craft activity to go along with a great book.
- Handprint Lorax craft with microwave salt dough from Jinxy Kids. The Lorax is one of our favourite books, and this fun craft would make a great gift when it’s done.
- Thing 1 and Thing 2 popsicle stick puppets from Kids’ Craft Room. How cute are these little puppets!
- Dr Seuss Thing 1 and Thing 2 bookmarks from Red Ted Art. The perfect bookmark for your favourite Dr Seuss book!
- DIY Truffula trees from Fun A Day. These look so gorgeous, as good as a vase full of flowers!
- Truffula trees STEAM craft from School Time Snippets. A fun Dr Seuss craft with some learning about color mixing as well.
St Patrick’s Day Crafts
- Stained glass clover craft from Mommy Evolution. Fill your window with these gorgeous clovers!
- Leprechaun handprint craft from Simple Everyday Mom. How cute is this cheeky little handprint leprechaun!?!
- Bubble wrap shamrock craft from Messy Little Monster. There is a printable shamrock template so making this craft is super fun and easy.
- Easy rainbow shamrock craft from Projects With Kids. This is such a cool art technique and I love the super bright results!
- Leprechaun stick puppet from I Heart Crafty Things. The kids will have lots of fun making these and then playing with them!
- Easy St Patrick’s Day stamping from My Bored Toddler. Such a clever and easy way to make stamps!
- Spring flower wreaths from Easy Peasy and Fun. These gorgeous spring wreaths are free to print then all you need to do is color and stick them together.
- 3D spring paper tree from I Heart Crafty Things. This blossom tree craft is gorgeous!
- Paper bowl mushroom spring craft from Non Toy Gifts. These cute mushrooms would be perfect for adding to imaginative play once you have made them.
- Egg carton cherry blossoms from Glued to My Crafts. You could make a whole bouquet of these gorgeous blossoms.
- Paper daisy craft from Oh Happy Day. If your garden is not full of spring flowers yet, make some of these!
- Spring art project from Happy Hooligans. This gorgeous spring craft is easy enough for everyone to join in.
- Cotton wool lambs from Red Ted Art. Make this cute little spring lamb!
- Grow your own rainbow crystals from Little Bins for Little Hands. This is such a cool science and craft activity to try!
- Blotto rainbow craft from School Time Snippets. This is a fun twist on a classic art activity that everyone loves!
- Popup paper plate rainbows from Pink Stripey Socks. What a gorgeous, brightly coloured, craft idea!
- Rainbow suncatcher from Messy Little Monsters. You need to hang this gorgeous rainbow craft somewhere that it can catch the wind!
- Rainbow paper plate tambourine craft from Kids’ Craft Room. Do you know any rainbow songs you can sing and play along to with these cool tambourines?
- Rainbow name art from Childhood101. Turn your name into a rainbow!
- Rainbow in a bag from Powerful Mothering. This is a fabulous no-mess art activity to explore colour and rainbows!
- Rainbow rolling pin art from Preschool Inspirations. What a super awesome way to make rainbows!
March preschool crafts
Seriously, we have found the BEST march craft ideas out there!
- Four seasons tree craft with paper rolls and cotton balls from Non Toy Gifts. This is a great way to learn about the changing seasons.
- Paint splat snails from Glued to My Crafts. These spring snails are the cutest!
- DIY bird’s nests from Art Bar. Thes beautiful nests would make a gorgeous spring table decoration.
- Chalk rake from Laughing Kids Learn. Get outside in the fresh air and making some super cool chalk rainbows with this clever trick!
- Paper rosette bird craft from Artsy Momma. These would make a cute little spring bird display.
Have fun makings these fabulous March crafts for kids!
Don’t miss all these fun, engaging March Activites for Kids
Spring Crafts for Kids
- Super cute Printable Name Flower Craft
- Simple Windsock Craft for kids
- Bleeding Tissue Paper Rainy Day Crafts for Kids
- EASY ink pad spring crafts for toddlers
- EDIBLE, Peeps Playdough Recipe
- Fun-to-Make and lovely painted flower craft preschool
- Make your own yummy milk Rainbow Toast
- This spin art Flower Craft for kids is almost as beautiful as they are fun to make
- Simple Sunflower Crafts that are bright, cheery, and simple to make
- This flower activity for preschoolers changes things up to use flowers to create art
- Plant a Number Line to 10 Math activity for pre-k and kindergarten
- Show off these pretty flower suncatcher craft
- Printable Easter Craft for Preschoolers
- 100 Flower Crafts from A to Z
- Umbrella Handprint Craft
- Silly Grass Head Craft
- Handprint Spring flower art projects
- Rainbow Hand Art Projects for St Patricks Day
- Looking for more fun color activities for kids don’t miss these 37 Colorful Activities for Kids
- Super clever, bubble wrap rain craft
- Wow! Over 100 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Dandelion flower craft project
- Stunning, Easy Stained Glass Art for Kids
- Kids will go nuts over this painting with cars rainbow project
- Amazing Bubble Painting process art project for kids
Check out these outrageously FUN spring science experiments for kids:
- Beautiful Chromatography Flowers made with science!
- Amazing Food Coloring Flower Experiment Worksheet where you can turn a flower into two seperate colors!
- Have you tried making butter experiment
- Colorful Jelly Bean Experiment exploring difusion and color matching with a simple activity for kids
- You’ve got to try this simple Color Changing Slime
- Simply Rainbow Density Experiment for springtime
- How Big is a Raindrop – try this raindrop experiment to find out!
- Egg Drop Challenge with marshmallows!
- You’ve got to try this Lego Balloon Car
- Make a popsicle stick catapult
- Colorful Polymer Chemistry Experiment
- MUST try capillary action experiment
- Lego DIY Zipline for your backyard
- How to Make a Weather Vane the EASY way
- Pop Rocks Experiment kids will LOVE!
Looking for some fun, educational spring theme ideas to make learning fun this April and May? Check out these fun resources:
- Cute, free printable Flower Shape Craft for kids
- Flower Rhyming Words Worksheet
- Sunflower Alphabet Matching
- Flower Mazes – Free Printable Sight Word Worksheets
- Pretty Flower Name of Number Puzzles
- F is for Flower Handprint Craft
- Practice making shapes with these flower playdough mats
- Spring Flower Counting Games for Preschoolers
- Flower Letter Matching Printable
- Grow a Plant Sequencing Worksheets
- Fun Spring Flower SIght Word Game
- Spring Jelly Bean Egg One to One Correspondence Activities
- Super cute Carrot Shape Playdough Mats for Spring
- Count the Bunny Number Flashcards
- Rainbow Color Matching Game
- Practice adding numbers with this free printable Spring Addition Matching Game
- Planting Carrots CVC Words Activity
- Fruit Loop Rainbow Printables Ten Frame Math Activity
- Umbrella Color Sorting Activity with Fruit Loops
- Count to 20 Spring Playdough Mats
- Rainbow Shape Playdough Mats
- Grab these cute Spring Printables Sudoku Puzzles for kids
- Seed Find the Letter Worksheets
- Frog Alphabet Game Matching Printable
- Kite Beginning Sound Activities printable craft for spring
- Spring Do a Dot Printables
- Print and GO Spring Scavenger Hunt
- Spring Step by Step Drawings
- Practice reading with this Spring sight word cut and paste reader
- Worm Worksheets Pack
- Umbrella Letter Matching Activity
- Spring Telling Time Worksheets
- Digraphy Activity to improve reading and spelling skills with these spring puzzles
- Cute Blubird Soring Blends Activity for first and second graders.
- LOTS of fun PLANTS arts and crafts for preschool and kindergartners