Has spring arrived where you live? Or perhaps you are still waiting for the warmer weather to pop up? These March crafts for kids are the perfect way to welcome, or encourage spring!
March Crafts for Kids
This list of March crafts for kids includes lots of spring themed crafts, as well as some fun St Patrick’s Day projects, and some ideas for celebrating Dr Seuss’s birthday on March 2nd, plus lots more fun ideas.
There is enough craft ideas on this list to try something new every day in March, so get crafty and have fun creating with these awesome kids crafts!
Dr Seuss Crafts
- Put Me In The Zoo Dr Seuss paper plate craft from Natural Beach Living. This is such a bright and happy craft activity to go along with a great book.
- Handprint Lorax craft with microwave salt dough from Jinxy Kids. The Lorax is one of our favourite books, and this fun craft would make a great gift when it’s done.
- Thing 1 and Thing 2 popsicle stick puppets from Kids’ Craft Room. How cute are these little puppets!
- Dr Seuss Thing 1 and Thing 2 bookmarks from Red Ted Art. The perfect bookmark for your favourite Dr Seuss book!
- DIY Truffula trees from Fun A Day. These look so gorgeous, as good as a vase full of flowers!
- Truffula trees STEAM craft from School Time Snippets. A fun Dr Seuss craft with some learning about color mixing as well.
St Patrick’s Day Crafts
- Stained glass clover craft from Mommy Evolution. Fill your window with these gorgeous clovers!
- Leprechaun handprint craft from Simple Everyday Mom. How cute is this cheeky little handprint leprechaun!?!
- Bubble wrap shamrock craft from Messy Little Monster. There is a printable shamrock template so making this craft is super fun and easy.
- Easy rainbow shamrock craft from Projects With Kids. This is such a cool art technique and I love the super bright results!
- Leprechaun stick puppet from I Heart Crafty Things. The kids will have lots of fun making these and then playing with them!
- Easy St Patrick’s Day stamping from My Bored Toddler. Such a clever and easy way to make stamps!
- Spring flower wreaths from Easy Peasy and Fun. These gorgeous spring wreaths are free to print then all you need to do is color and stick them together.
- 3D spring paper tree from I Heart Crafty Things. This blossom tree craft is gorgeous!
- Paper bowl mushroom spring craft from Non Toy Gifts. These cute mushrooms would be perfect for adding to imaginative play once you have made them.
- Egg carton cherry blossoms from Glued to My Crafts. You could make a whole bouquet of these gorgeous blossoms.
- Paper daisy craft from Oh Happy Day. If your garden is not full of spring flowers yet, make some of these!
- Spring art project from Happy Hooligans. This gorgeous spring craft is easy enough for everyone to join in.
- Cotton wool lambs from Red Ted Art. Make this cute little spring lamb!
- Grow your own rainbow crystals from Little Bins for Little Hands. This is such a cool science and craft activity to try!
- Blotto rainbow craft from School Time Snippets. This is a fun twist on a classic art activity that everyone loves!
- Popup paper plate rainbows from Pink Stripey Socks. What a gorgeous, brightly coloured, craft idea!
- Rainbow suncatcher from Messy Little Monsters. You need to hang this gorgeous rainbow craft somewhere that it can catch the wind!
- Rainbow paper plate tambourine craft from Kids’ Craft Room. Do you know any rainbow songs you can sing and play along to with these cool tambourines?
- Rainbow name art from Childhood101. Turn your name into a rainbow!
- Rainbow in a bag from Powerful Mothering. This is a fabulous no-mess art activity to explore colour and rainbows!
- Rainbow rolling pin art from Preschool Inspirations. What a super awesome way to make rainbows!
More fabulous March Crafts For Kids
- Four seasons tree craft with paper rolls and cotton balls from Non Toy Gifts. This is a great way to learn about the changing seasons.
- Paint splat snails from Glued to My Crafts. These spring snails are the cutest!
- DIY bird’s nests from Art Bar. Thes beautiful nests would make a gorgeous spring table decoration.
- Chalk rake from Laughing Kids Learn. Get outside in the fresh air and making some super cool chalk rainbows with this clever trick!
- Paper rosette bird craft from Artsy Momma. These would make a cute little spring bird display.
Have fun makings these fabulous March crafts for kids!
Don’t miss all these fun, engaging March Activites for Kids