Looking for a fun way to get kids to practice writing this fall Check out this fun, free printable, Halloween Writing Prompts BINGO. These October Writing Prompts are included on a one page printable with a list of creative writing prompts for kids to choose from. As kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd graders complete the october writing challenge, they will try to get a B-I-N-G-O. Simply print the october journal prompts and you are ready for a fun way to get kids excited about creative writing!
October Writing Prompts
Writing is one of the most challenging subjects you will teach a child. Not only it is a difficult subject for many parents to evaluate it is a difficult subject for kids to master. There is simply so much to remember for a young child. They need to consider handwriting, grammar, spelling, and sentence structure. Therefore it is important to take it slow and keep it fun and encouraging. These Halloween writing prompt worksheets are a fun, engaging way for kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, and grade 3 students to want to write. There are so many fun octocober writing prompts to choose from.
Halloween Writing Prompts
October Writing Challenge
Print out the free October Write Bingo to get started. You can laminate it or post it on the fridge or a wall. You can use thumb tacks, stickers, or magnets (depending on the surface you are using) or bingo markers. You can print out one for each child or have the children work together as a team to get five in a row. Establish a prize system such as a piece of candy for each five in a row or a day off writing or whatever works for your child.
Allow your child to pick one square and follow the writing instructions. You child can pick one or more a day. Each time your child accomplishes the goal place a bingo marker on that square. Once your child or children get 5 in a row either up or down, side to side, or diagonal, they get a prize.
Jalloween journal prompts
Tips for Using Halloween story starters:
- Allow your child to use this activity to free write. No pressure on spelling, grammar, or sentence structure. Allow this time to simply allow your child the practice of getting ideas on paper.
- Have your child edit her own writing. This allows your child more practice and the ability to feel good about producing a piece of writing.
- Use this to give your child a chance to present her writing in front of the family. This can be fun and a way to help your child with public speaking.
Spider Activities for Kids
- Spider Counting Activities for Preschoolers
- Shape Mats Spider Activities for Kindergarten
- Spider Shape Sorting Activity – help the spider trap the items in his web that are the same shape as his web
- S is for Spider Handprint art
- Spooky Spider Counting Game
- Spider Shapes Worksheets for Preschool
- Life Cycle of a Spider Worksheet
- Fun, hands on Spider for Kids unit
- Easy Spider Slime Slime
- Glow in the Dark Spider Web
- Animal classification worksheets
- Animal Classification Cootie Catchers
Candy Corn Activities
Looking for more candy corn activities for kids? You will love all these creative ideas!
- Free Candy Corn Words
- Candy Corn Edible Playdough
- Addition and Subtraction Candy Corn Math
- Phonics Puzzles with a fun Candy Corn Theme for Fall
- Alphabet Tracing Worksheets
- Candy Corn Flip Cards
- Candy Corn Counting Mats
- 28 Candy Corn Activities for Kids
- EPIC Candy Corn Popsicle Stick Catapults
- Candy Corn Multiplication and Division Puzzles
- Counting Candy Corn Puzzles
- Candy Corn Turkey Count and Trace
- Free pumpkin activity printables that uses Pumpkin Candy to Count and Trace
- Practicing Counting with Pumpkin Seed Counting Activity
- Pumpkin Letter Tracing – use with a dry erase marker or playdough
- Super cute parts of a pumpkin craft to help kids learn the parts of a pumpkin
- Improve reading with this fun Word Family Pumpkin Activities for Kindergarten
- Fall Addition Sticker Worksheets are a fun, hands-on math worksheet
- Pumpkin Pie Number Sense Activities for Preschoolers
- Pumpkin Shape Matching Game to practice shape recognition with kids
- Practice sight words with this fun Pumpkin Sight Word Game
- These super cute Pumpkin Alphabet puzzles allow children to practice letter tracing as well as working on beginning sounds
- Make practicing math fun with this super cute, Pumpkin Patch Math Game
- These fun pumpkin addition task cards are super cute and make practicing fun for kids
- Sneak in some fun practice with these homophone puzzles
- Grab this free Pumpkin Life Cycle Worksheet pack to learn about the life cycle of pumpkins
- Trace and Erase to practice again with this handy Pumpkin Letter Tracing printable
- Super cute pumpkin pie counting activity – pile on the “whip cream”
- Pumpkin Word Family Slides Printables
- Practice making shapes with these pumpkin shapes playdough mats
- Grab these Pumpkin Addition Worksheets for a no prep math activity for young learners
- This find the letter free pumpkin activity printables
- Adorable Pumpkin preschool pie craft for practicing counting!
- Hands on Pumpkin Shape Games for Preshoolers
- Work on One to One Correspondence Kindergarten with this pumpkin pie themed math activity
- Work on Number Bonds to 10 with these pumpkin themed math worksheets for kindergarten and grade 1
- Kids will love this Pumpkin Phonics activity where they will work on beginning sounds to put together these alphabet puzzles.
- Trace numbers and work on 1:1 correspondence with this free pumpkin activity printables
October journal prompts
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!