Kids will have fun with this alphabet matching activity to practice joining uppercase and lowercase letters. Simply download and print the pdf file to play this Alphabet Crayons Printable Activity with your preschool, pre k, kindergarten, and 1st grade students.
Alphabet Crayons Printable Activity
This super cute, crayon themed activity is perfect for back to school, September or the first day of school to make learning fun with preschoolers, kindergartners and first grade students. Instead of a boring crayon worksheet, this crayon printable is in color to grab students attention. This crayon alphabet activity helps children practice matching upper and lowercase letters.
Back to School Activity
This crayon box printable is a fun way for preschool, pre k, kindergarten, and grade 1 to practice letter matching. There are 2 set included in the template:
- uppercase to uppercase matching set
- lowercase to lowercase matching set
Print the pages from the file below that you need for the activity. Laminate the pages before cutting or print on cardstock for extra durability. Cut apart on the dotted gray lines around the crayon box cards. Then cut across the middle gray dotted line to split the crayon box in half. Now that the game is prepped, it’s time to play!
I like to set one part of the crayon boxes out on the table. Put all of the top halves of the crayon boxes out, and put the rest of the bottom halves in a basket. Pick one card out at a time, find a match, and play again!
The object of the crayon box alphabet match game is to correctly put the crayon boxes back together when the letter of the top of the crayon box is the same as the letter on the bottom.
- For those kindergarteners who are still being exposed to letters of the alphabet, uppercase letters are a great place to start. Using the uppercase set of crayon box cards helps reinforce uppercase letter recognition. Practice saying the names of the letters as the crayon box cards are picked out of the basket.
- To match uppercase letters to lowercase letters, print both sets of the crayon boxes. Cut them all apart, but only use the uppercase letters on the top and the lowercase letters on the bottom. This is a good way to evaluate which letters of the alphabet have been fully mastered. Partner up kids while playing to encourage even more learning!
- Many times, after recognizing the uppercase letters of the alphabet, the lowercase letters are focused on. Print just the lowercase crayon boxes to play with. Start with the letters that have been mastered and work from there. Play multiple times to reinforce the letter skills. Printable learning games that can be used in different ways are perfect when teaching multiple skill levels.
HINT: Start with just the letters in your kindergartner’s name if 26 letters is overwhelming.
Back to School Printables
Get ready for back to school with these fun, free printables that make learning and going back to school FUN!
Download Crayon Box Alphabet Match
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!