Valentine’s Day is a popular crafty theme for this month, but there are lots of other awesome February crafts for kids to make. Our list of february crafts includes lots of valentines day crafts for kids, some adorable polar bear and groundhog day crafts, fun Chinese/Luna New Year crafts, and lots more. These crafts for february are perfect for toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, and 2nd grade students.
Here are February Crafts for kids of all ages covering so much more than just Valentines Day! You will love these super creative and unique crafts covering polar bears, groundhog day crafts, fun Chinese/Luna New Year crafts, and lots more. You will find more than enough craft ideas for February on this list for you to do a new craft every day of the month. So have fun celebrating February crafts with all these awesome kids projects. These are perfect for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, and grade 2 students.
Chinese New Year Crafts
Celebrate Chinese new year for kids with these cute crafts featuring dragons and lanters, and more – oh my!
- Paper plate dragon twirler from Red Ted Art. These twirling dragons would look so great hanging up to celebrate Chinese new year.
- Cupcake liner dragon craft from I Heart Crafty Things. This another bright and fiery dragon craft to celebrate Luna New year.
- Chinese New Year folded lantern craft from Pink Stripey Socks. These gorgeous folded lanterns are a great craft for little hands to try out.
- Egg carton dragons from Creating Creatives. These little good luck dragons are the cutest!
- DIY lucky red envelopes from Thrifty Jinxy. There is a great free printable template with this post so you can make your own lucky red envelopes to give for luna new year.
- Painted paper fans from Picky Stripey Socks. Make a gorgeous fan, there is even a dragon design you and print and turn into a fan.
Valentines Day Crafts for Kids
We have so many really cute nnd fun-to-make valentines day ideas for kids from paper projects, painting projects, and more!
- Origami heart bookmark from That Kids Craft Site. There is step by step instructions to make this easy origami heart into a bookmark.
- Valentines live bugs craft from Rhythms of Play. How cute are these little love bugs?!?
- Printable Heart Fish Craft is a fun-to-make craft that only requires kids to cut and paste to make beautiful Valentines Day fish. This is great for a school bulletin board!
- Cute paper heart Valentines craft from One Creative Mommy. I love that you can turn this craft into a hanging, a chain/ or even a wreath!
- Handprint Valentines craft from The Best Ideas for Kids. This gorgeous craft would make a lovely Valentines gift.
- Valentines Day Math Craft is a clever way for kids to practice addition while making a cute heart cupcake!
- Shaving cream heart art from Natural Beach Living. Even little ones can join in with this fun process art activity.
- Heart spin paintings from Projects With Kids. This an easy but super cool art technique to try out.
- Heart buddies – easy Valentine’s day craft from Buggy and Buddy. These little guys are so cute, and they’d make great gifts for friends.
- Finger Painted Valentines Day Tree Craft is as fun to make as it is beautiful!
- Cute Printable Cactus Craft – Looking for a super cute craft that doesn’t require a lot of prep, supplies, mess, or clean-up? You will love this printable cactus craft!
Groundhog Day Crafts
Looking for some simple groundhog day crafts? You will love adding these groundhog day activities for preschoolers to your day!
- Paper plate groundhog craft from ADab of Glue Will Do. I love this little groundhog’s happy smiling face!
- Groundhog day mask craft from I Heart Crafty Things. Make this cute mask and dress up as a groundhog!
- Groundhog puppet craft from Typically Simple. Make this adorable groundhog pop up out of his burrow!
- Paper bag groundhog craft from Glued to my Crafts. You could use this adorable groundhog as a puppet or make a fun wall display.
- Simple groundhog day craft from Easy Peasy and Fun. Here’s another cute groundhog that pops up!
Polar Bear Crafts
Nothing says winter like a big white polar bear in the middle of an iceberg or snowy scene. We have lots of ways for your child to make a cute polar bear with these polar bear craft for preschool ideas.
- Polar bear puppet craft from Kids Craft Room. There is a free printable pattern to help you make this cute polar bear.
- Winter toilet paper roll animals from The Best Ideas for Kids. There is a cute polar bear to make, as well as a penguin and some other winter animals.
- Handprint polar bear from Fun Handprint Art. These handprint polar bears would look adorable up on the wall.
- Pom pom printed polar bear craft from Crafts on Sea. This is a great activity for little hands to try.
- Polar bear craft from A Dab of Glue Will Do. This is a fun paper play craft to try.
February Crafts For Kids
We have lots of other ideas for February including snowflakes, witner windwock, narwhale, and so many more ideas for you to try with your kids.
- Random acts of kindness printable notes from Gluesticks. Random Acts of Kindness day is February 17th, and this is an easy and fun craft to spread some RAK love with your kids.
- Winter windsock craft from Easy Peasy and Fun. Find out how windy winter is at your house with this fun craft.
- Handprint cherry tree from About Family Crafts. Make a cherry tree in honor of President’s Day.
- Winter scrape painting with narwhae printable from Projects With Kids. This fun art technique makes this gorgeous narwhal craft extra special.
- Painting snowflakes with a homemade straw stamp from Artsy Momma. If there is still snow around where you live, this is a great snowy craft idea.
- Easy kid made bird feeder craft from Natural Beach Living. These look gorgeous and give the birds a winter treat too!
- Tissue paper and twig snowflake craft from Buggy and Buddy. These snowflakes would look gorgeous hanging up, and you can have snow inside even if you don’t have any outside!
Make February a super craft month and have fun making all these fabulous February crafts for kids!
Valentines Day Activities for Kindergartners
- Practice counting to 20 and tracing numbers as you prepare the mail in this Valentines Day Math
- Count and Trace Valentines Day Worksheets with conversation hearts
- Cute Find the Letter Valentine’s Day Worksheets with alphabet candy in the cookie jars
- Valentine’s Day ABC Hole PunchingActivity – kids will strengthen hand muscles while working on letter recognition
- Pencil Valentine Printable – super cute free printable “looking sharp” Valentine for kids
- Valentines Day I Spy Printable – this is a fun valentiens day activity that also works on counting and visual discrimination at the same time
- Color by Hundreds Chart Valentines Day Worksheets
- Valentine sight word coloring pages – kids will have fun reading and gaining fluency with key sight words while revealing these mystery pictures
- Rhyming Valentines cut and paste printables – these heart workshets are a fun way for kids to practice identifying rhyming words
- Sneak in some fun writing practice with these Febraury Writing Prompts Calendar
- Valentines Day Math Clip Cards – practice counting numbers 11-20 with these cute, low prep clip cards
- Our kids favorite tradition! Print out these Valentines Day Printables and leave love notes for each other to read on February 14th!
- Valentiens Day Symmetry for Kids – kids will have fun learning about symmetry with these drawing prompts.
- ABC Valentines Day Worksheets – kids will have fun learning new vocabulary and practicing tracing upper and lowercase letters as they make their very own alphabet book.
- Valentines Day Color by Odd and Even Numbers Worksheets
- Color by Hundreds Chart Happy valentine’s day mouse activities
- Valentine’s Day Math Craft – students will have fun practicing addition and subtraction within 10 while making this super cute cut and paste math craft
- Valentines Day Color by Number – students will reveal hidden pictures as they color by number and work on number recognition
- Snap Cube Valentines Day Worksheets – with two levels of difficulty these cards help kids practice using logic and spatial reasoning
- Dancing Hearts Science Experiment is a fun and simple science experiment that will delight kids of all ages!
- Roses are Red Poem Rhyming Puzzles – Valentines rhymes for kids
- Valentines Alphabet Activity – students will have fun getting valentines ready to “mail” while matching upper and lowercase letters while working on phonemic awareness and beginning sounds.
- Practice spelling with this fun, engaging and FREE Printable Valentine’s Day Spelling Activity
- A-Z Valentine’s Day Worksheets is fun for kids to practice making capital letters using conversation hearts!
- Free Valentine’s day math worksheets – kindergartners will have fun practicing numbers to 100 while they reveal hidden images with these Valentines Day coloring pages
- CVC Words Valentines Day Worksheets– students will have fun practicing the sounds letters make while building CVC words with alphabet conversation hearts
- Chocolate Shape Valentine Playdough Mats – kids will have fun practicing forming shapes with these chocolate shape playdough mats.
- Lock and Key valentine matching game printable – kids will have fun working on color recognition with this fun, Valentine’s Day matching game
- Alphabet Valentines Day Worksheets – with a free printable alphabet worksheet for each letter from A to Z, help kids work on letter recognition while decorating these heart cookies
- Practice a variety of math and literacy skills with these Free Valentine’s Day Worksheets!
Valentines Day Crafts
- Heart Fish Craft for Valentines Day – kids will have fun cutting and pasting lots of hearts to make this adorable fish craft
- Fingerprint Hearth Tree Valentines Day Craft is super cute and such a precious keepsake craft
- Bear treat cup Valentines Day Craft is cute and practical too
- Red Hot Valentines Slime is so pretty and fun to play with!
- Try this EASY Chocolate playdough recipe to make your creations look like valentines day candy!
- Wow! These FUN Valentine Science Experiments for kids of all ages are sure to keep kids engaged
- Beautiful Valentines Art Projects – Matisse Style heart craft for kids
- Cactus valentine craft – this is such a fun cut and paste Valentines Day Craft for kids
- Salt crystal hearts Science Experiment perfect for February
- 30 February Crafts for Kids – so many fun, clever crafts to fill the whole month of February
- Don’t miss these fun February activities for kids