Life Cycle of a Sea Turtle
Dive into the fascinating world of sea turtles with our amazing printable Sea Turtle Life Cycle Worksheets! They are not only fun and engaging but also a fantastic way for preschoolers, kindergartners, and first graders to learn all about the incredible journey of a sea turtle. These educational printables will take your little ones on an underwater adventure where they will explore the different stages of a sea turtle’s life cycle. From the adorable hatchlings making their way to the ocean to the full-grown majestic turtles, every step is covered! Our worksheets are designed to include a variety of disciplines – so they include early math and literacy skills too!
Sea Turtle Life Cycle
Sea turtle printable
In this pack, there are a variety of activities, including:
- Mazes – Complete the mazes
- Tangles – Find your way through the tangles
- Trace the Lines – Trace the lines to match the pictures
- Trace the Letters of the Alphabet – Trace the uppercase and lowercase letters of the alphabet.
- Alphabet Cards – Cut out, laminate and use to match the lower case letters to the uppercase ones.
- Trace the Words – Improve handwriting skills while learning to spell.
- Beginning Letter Sounds – Cut out, laminate and use a peg or paperclip to clip or place a pom pom or candy onto the correct answer.
- Syllable Cards – Cut out, laminate and use a peg or paperclip to clip or place a pom pom or candy onto the correct answer.
- Alphabetical Order – Cut and paste in alphabetical order.
Sea turtle life
Sea turtles have been around since before dinosaurs walked the Earth! These incredible animals spend most of their lives in the ocean but come ashore to lay their eggs. Did you know that female sea turtles return to the very same beach where they were hatched to lay their own eggs? When it’s time to nest, the mama turtle digs a deep hole in the sand and lays around 100 eggs. After about two months, the tiny turtle hatchlings break out of their shells and make their way to the ocean, guided by the moonlit sea. Sadly, only a few of them will survive to adulthood due to natural predators and other threats like pollution and habitat destruction. We can help protect these beautiful creatures by keeping beaches clean, not disturbing nesting sites, and reducing our use of single-use plastics.
Sea turtle worksheets
- Trace the Numbers – Trace the numbers from one to fifty.
- Counting Puzzles – Cut out, laminate and use the numbers to place the puzzles back together.
- I Spy – Count the Objects– Count the objects.
- Counting Cards – Shade the answer or cut out, laminate and use a peg or paperclip to clip or place a pom pom or candy onto the correct answer.
- Addition Cards – Shade the answer or cut out, laminate and use a peg or paperclip to clip or place a pom pom or candy onto the correct answer.
- Subtraction Cards – Shade the answer or cut out, laminate and use a peg or paperclip to clip or place a pom pom or candy onto the correct answer.
- Size Sequencing Cards – Cut out, laminate and place in order from largest to smallest or vice versa.
- Cross the Odd one Out – Cross out the object that is different.
- Cut and Paste the Pattern – Cut out and paste the answer in the correct spot.
- Coloring Activity – Spin and then color the picture in the correct color.
- Skip Counting – Write in the missing numbers.
- Find the Letters – Shade in the circles or use a dot marker or bingo marker to dot out all of the correct letters.
- Let’s Graph – Print out the pictures on white cardstock and then cut them out. Place them face down on a table and pick up one and graph.
Sea turtles for kids
Want to learn more about these fascinating marine animals? Here are some intersting facts about sea turtles:
- Unlike most animals, sea turtles need to come up to the water surface to breathe. They have specially adapted lungs that help them gather oxygen.
- There are seven different species of sea turtles: Green, Loggerhead, Hawksbill, Leatherback, Kemp’s ridley, Olive ridley, and Flatback.
- Sea turtles are found in oceans all around the world, except in extreme cold waters.
- These amazing creatures can live for a long time, with some sea turtles living up to 80 years or more.
- Sea turtles have powerful flippers that help them swim and navigate through the water.
- They are cold-blooded animals, meaning their body temperature is influenced by the environmental temperature around them.
- Sea turtles are omnivores, which means they eat both plants and animals, but their specific diet varies depending on their species. Their favorite food includes seagrass, algae, and jellyfish. Yum!
- Female sea turtles return to the same beach where they were born to lay their eggs, in a process known as nesting.
- These turtles face many threats, including pollution, habitat destruction, and illegal hunting.
- These amazing creatures play a vital role in our ecosystem by helping to maintain healthy coral reefs and seagrass beds.
- Did you know that sea turtles are excellent swimmers? They can glide gracefully through the water, reaching speeds of up to 20 miles per hour.
Sea Turtle Life Cycle Worksheets
- Write and Color – Write the word then color the picture.
- Color Matching Cards – Match the color; a great way to learn colors.
- Shadow Matching Cards – Match the picture with its shadow.
- Shape Matching – Draw a line to match the shapes.
- Match the Picture to the Word – Draw a line to match the picture to the word.
- More or Less – Read the instructions and write the correct numbers.
- Life Cycle Poster
- Life Cycle Cut and Paste – Cut and paste in the correct order.
- Draw the life cycle – Draw the pictures of the life cycle in the correct order.
- Life Cycle Stages – Write the life cycle stages.
- Life Cycle Book – Trace the life cycle stages.
- Life Cycle Word Search – Find the words in the word search.
Looking for more ocean activities for kids? You will love these clever, free resources and ideas:
- Ocean Coloring Pages
- Build an Ocean Scene with this fun Fractions Activity
- Ocean Simple Coloring Pages
- Pearl Color Matching activity
- Printable Whale Cards
- Try this Watercolor and Crayon Ocean Craft
- Ocean Printable Count & Trace for prek / k
- Cupcake Liner Octopus Craft
- Ocean Life Sensory Bin
- O is for Ocean Weekly Theme for Prek / K
- Ocean Animals Printable Pack
- All About Pinnipeds (Seals, Sea Lions, & Walrus)
- Tons of ideas for a weeks worth of fun learning with an Ocean Theme
- Octopus Color Matching Craft
- Want to learn more about this amazing animal? Check out this huge resource for kids prek-8th grade to learn All About Whales.
- 50 Amazing Ocean Crafts for Kids
Life Cycle Worksheets
- A – Life Cycle of an Ant worksheets, Apple Life Cycle Printable, or this Apple life cycle printable spinner
- B –Barn Owl Life Cycle Worksheets, Bat Life Cycle Printable, these Bat Worksheets, Bald Eage Life Cycle Worksheets, Bee Life Cycle or these Life Cycle of a Bee Worksheet, Black Bear Life Cycle Worksheets, Butterfly Life Cycle Worksheet FREE Download, Life Cycle of a Butterfly Worksheet, observation Book and step-by-step hatching experient pictures, or these Butterfly Worksheets
- C- Cat Worksheets theme or more in-depth Cat life Cycle pages, Crab Life Cycle, Chicken Life Cycle Worksheet, Life Cycle of a Chicken Worksheet Observation Book, Themed cow worksheets and Life Cycle of a Cow Worksheets, lifecycle of a crocodile worksheets
- D – dog life cycle worksheets or dog’s life cycle pack, deer life cycle worksheets for elementary or themed deer worksheets pre-k/k
- E – Life Cycle of an Elephant Worksheets
- F –Farm Animal Life Cycles- (worm, chicken, rabbit, bat) Fish Life Cycle, Flower and Plant Life Cycle for Kids Life-the-Flap, Frog Worksheets or this Frog Life Cycle for Kids Printable Spinner and Activities, Life Cycle of a Frog Worksheets, experiment and observations
- G – Giraffe Life Cycle Worksheets for kids and Groundhog life cycle worksheets
- H – Hedgehog life cycle pack, Hippo Life Cycle worksheets, Horse Life Cycle worksheets
- I –Insect life cycle worksheet pages for kids about butterfly, ladybug, bee, and mosquito.
- J –Jellyfish Life Cycle
- K – Koala life cycle worksheets or life cycle of a koala learning pack
- L – Ladybug Printable worksheets and deeper Life Cycle of a Ladybug Printables, learn about the Life Cycle of a Ladybird, Lobster Life Cycle
- M – Mammal Animals for Kids Life Cycle Printable Books, Life Cycle of a Mosquito Worksheet Set, and monkey life cycle worksheets
- P – Panda Worksheets, themed learning for pre-k and kindergarten Panda Worksheets , Life Cycle of a Penguin Worksheets. themed pig worksheets and free life cycle of a pig worksheets, Plant Life Cycles Printable Reader, Plant life cycle worksheet or this Plant Life Cycle Printable Lift-the-Flap, Plant Life Cycle for Kids, Polar Animals for kids life cycle printables, pumpkin life cycle worksheets or these more advanced Pumpkin Life Cycle Worksheet, or these Life cycle of a Pumpkin pdf
- R – Life Cycle of a Rabbit Worksheet , themed rabbit worksheets for pre-k/k, Reindeer Life Cycle Worksheets, Rock Life Cycle
- S – Salmon Life Cycle Worksheet, free life cycle of a sea turtle workshets, Life Cycle of a Sea Turtle Printable Book, Life Cycle of a Seal, Shark Life Cycle, sheep life cycle worksheets or life cycle of a sheep kindergarten worksheets, fascinating Snake life cycle worksheets or Life Cycle of a Snake Themed Worksheets, spider life cycle worksheets and more in-depth Spider Life Cycle Worksheets, Star Fish Life Cycle, Life Cycle of a Sunflower Worksheet
- T – Turkey Life Cycle Worksheet Pack
- W – Walrus Life Cycle, Water cycle Worksheet printables for kids, Water Animals for Kids Life Cycles , Watermelon Life Cycle Printable Spinner, worm life cycle worksheets and more advanced Worm Life Cycle Worksheet, Worm Observation Book
sea turtle life cycle printable
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!