Learn about the life cycle of a butterfly with this super cute, simple Butterfly Life Cycle Craft. In spring we start to see butterflies appear and the amazing metamorphosis that happens as they go from caterpillar to chryssalis to butterfly is super cool. Use this life cycle of a butterfly craft ideas for toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students to learn about these amazing insects! Simply download pdf file with butterfly life cycle printable and you are ready to play and learn about butterflies for kids!.
Butterfly Life Cycle Craft
The butterfly life cycle has multiple steps. The cycle starts with the egg, then the larva, which is the caterpillar, the pupa, which is the chrysalis, and then the adult butterfly. Each of these stages are very unique to the specific butterfly. This butterfly life cycle craft is a fun way for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, and grade 2 students to learn about butterfly life cycles while having fun. You will love that this projects usese a free butterfly life cycle printable.
Butterfly life cycle coloring page
Life cycle of a butterfly craft
For these activities, you’ll need:
- Butterfly Life Cycle Printables
- Coloring Utensils
- string / yarn
- paper plate
Butterfly life cycle paper craft template
Depending on your students age and ability you can either choose to print and cut out the stages of a butterfly life cycle in color or the black and white template to decorate. If you choose the blackline version, start by colouring the Butterfly Life Cycle coloring page. The images and arrows are in black and white, which allows kids to color each stage of the cycle on their own. They can choose crayons, markers, or colored pencils to decorate their buttefly. They can colour the butterfly with solid colors and even patterns that they want the different parts to have.
The four stages of a butterfly life cycle are:
Paper plate butterfly life cycle
Make a paper plate butterfly life cycle by taking any paper plate and divide it into 4 parts. (This is a great way to sneak in some math too!) Have children draw a line down the middle of the paper plate from top to bottom with a magic marker. Now draw a line horizontally to driving the plate yet further into quarters. Now cut and paste the 4 parts of a butterfly lifecycle each onto a different quadrant of the plate. TADA!
Butterfly cycle craft
Another option is to attach each part of the butterfly life cycle to a piece of yarn or string with a piece of tape. Not tape the string to a hanger. How cute is that!
Butterfly Activities for Kids
Looking for more fun butterfly activities, butterfly crafts, and butterfly printables to add to your day or butterfly theme? Try these:
- Butterfly Life Cycle Worksheet Pack for kids
- Tissue Paper Butterfly Craft for Kids
- Butterfly Life Cycle Crafts w/ Free Printables
- Life Cycle of a Butterfly Worksheet and Observation Book
- FREE Printable Butterfly Life Cycle Worksheets
- Butterfly Math – addition mats for pre-k and kindergarteners
- Free Rhyming Activities – Butterfly Puzzles
- 29 Pretty Butterfly Crafts for Kids
- Butterfly Math – Missing Addend Activity for Kindergarten
- Addition Butterfly Math Puzzles
- B is for Butterfly activities for toddler and preschoolers
- Butterfly Subtraction for Kindergarten
- Pop-up Butterfly Craft
Looking for more fun craft projects? Whether you want to make popsicle stick, paper plate, or handprint art projects – we’ve got so many fun ideas. We even have monthly crafts for kindergarten ready for you to quickly pick a project. Sneak in some fun math with our kindergarten math crafts. And of course, don’t miss our hugely popular printable alphabet crafts!
- Lots of Toilet Paper Roll Crafts
- Super cute, free printable farm animal puppets
- Hundreds Paper Plate Crafts for Kids from A to Z
- Make one of these flower crafts
- These precious keepsake handprint alphabet craftshelp your child to learn the alphabet at the same time!
- Grab your craft sticks, you are going to want to make all of these cool popsicle stick crafts
- Make practicing math fun by making one of these FUN and FREE Math Crafts
- Brr! It may be cold outside, but stay warm in a winter wonderland with these snowflake crafts
- Get ready for the first day of school with these Back to School Crafts
- WE have tons of monthy kindergarten crafts
- Plus don’t miss these super cute and FREE abc crafts for lowercase letters
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use only (to share please direct others to this post to download their own set!)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!