Next in the Alphabet Handprint Art Series is the letter K. This week we are sharing a fun K is for Kite Craft! This craft is great for kindergartners as they learn the letter K. Don’t forget to print the free letter k worksheets to go along with it for more letter practice.
This craft uses some paint and simple supplies to make a cute and simple kite. It’s always a lot of fun to for the kids to see how their hand print can turn into something else. For this craft, we make a colorful handprint for the kite, and then use a paintbrush and fingerprints to make the strings and bows. It’s a simple and hands-on way to learn about the letter K!
- Letter “K” is for Kite printable
- pink (or any color you’d like for the kite)
- another color paint for the “bows”
- black paint
- paint brush
- wipes to clean hands
K is for Kite Craft
First, print the printable to go along with this K is for Kite Craft. We like to practice the letter on the first page before making our handprint, and we do the next page while the handprint is drying.
Start by painting the entire palm and fingers with in any bright color. This will be the main part of the kite.
Now it’s time to make the handprint. Place the hand in the top right corner of the page to make the kite handprint. This will save room to make the string and bows.
Now it’s time to make the the string and bows. First, make a lowercase “t” shape across the handprint for the sticks and string. To make the rest of the string, make a wavy line from the bottom of the handprint, to the bottom of the page. Lastly, choose a color of paint to make fingerprint bows. Dip a finger in the paint and make dots along the black string line. Let dry and your kite is complete! Rinse hands with water or wipe clean.
While your K is for Kite Craft is drying, complete the letter k worksheet for more letter “K” practice!
Spring Activities for Kids
- Fun Flower Sight Word Mazes
- Seeds make 10 Activity (addition game)
- HUGE Farm Unit
- Spring Letter Reversal Worksheets
- N is for Nest Handprint Craft
- Bubble Word Family Sorting Activity
- F is for Flower Handprint Craft
- Free Flower Names Puzzles
- Garden Printable Pack
- Ladybug Alphabet Activity
- Spring Playdough Counting Mats
- Grow a Plant Sequencing Worksheets
- Coloring Flowers Science Experiment
Alphabet Books for Kids
Download Letter K Worksheets
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!
I love all of the work that you do and appreciate so much that you allow teachers to print these for free! Your creativity is amazing and I am thankful for all of your help as I teach preschool and kindergarten students these past few years!