This huge pack of Garden Worksheets for Kindergarten will help children practice math and literacy skills with a fun garden theme perfect for spring and summer with preschool, pre k, and grade 1.
When the weather starts to warm up in the spring and summer is encourages us all to go outside. It is a great time to have some fun in the garden. It also provides lots of learning experiences for young children. This Garden Worksheets for Kindergarten are perfect for kindergarteners, prek, preschoolers, and first graders who are interested in gardening. You can see all our other kindergarten worksheets and activities for Kindergarten Themes.
Garden Worksheets for Kindergarten
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this huge printable pack with over 84 pages or spring garden themed math and literacy activities as well as many activities which help improve fine motor skills. Use this for spring centers in your classroom, extra practice, summer learning, and other enrichment activities with your students.
Garden Worksheets for Preschool
- Alphabet Cards – Cut out, laminate and use to match the lower case letters to the uppercase ones. Can also be used to spell words.
- Trace the Letters – Improve handwriting skills while learning to spell.
- Letters of the Alphabet – Trace the uppercase and lowercase letters of the alphabet.
- Number Tracing – Trace the numbers from one to twenty.
- 3 Part Cards – Can be used to match the words to the picture or in games such as memory. These cards can also be used together with the alphabet cards. using the alphabet cards to spell out the words.
- I Spy – Count the Forest Animals– Count the animals.
- Beginning Letter Sounds – Cut out, laminate and use a peg or paperclip to clip or place a pom pom or candy onto the correct answer.
- Syllable Cards – Cut out, laminate and use a peg or paperclip to clip or place a pom pom or candy onto the correct answer.
- Counting Puzzles – Cut out, laminate and use the numbers to place the puzzles back together.
- Counting Cards – Cut out, laminate and use a peg or paperclip to clip or place a pom pom or candy onto the correct answer.
You will find lots of cute images in these gardening worksheets for kids to keep children engaged with the material. The clipart includes pictures of butterfly, ladybug, worm, shovel, sun, garden sheers, gloves, rake, how, garden cart, watering can, pot, seed packet, fence, and gardening gloves,.
- Addition Cards – Cut out, laminate and use a peg or paperclip to clip or place a pom pom or candy onto the correct answer.
- Subtraction Cards – Cut out, laminate and use a peg or paperclip to clip or place a pom pom or candy onto the correct answer.
- Size Sequencing Cards – Cut out, laminate and place in order from largest to smallest or vice versa.
- Odd One Out – Circle the object that is different.
- What Comes Next? – Cut out and paste the answer in the correct spot.
- Finish the Patterns – Cut out and paste the answer in the correct spot.
- Coloring Activity – Color in the object using the color listed below.
- Do-A-Dot Letter Activity – Using a dot marker or bingo marker, dot out all of the correct letters.
- Dice / Graphing Activity – Cut out the dice and glue together. Roll the dice and graph each object the dice lands on.
Free Printable Gardening Worksheets
- Coloring Pages – Color or decorate the pages.
- Color Matching Cards – Match the color; a great way to learn colors.
- Shadow Matching Cards – Match the picture with its shadow.
- What do Plants Need to Grow? – Cut and paste the answers in the correct column.
- Trace the Lines – Trace between the lines.
- Cut along the lines – Cut along the lines until you reach the picture.
Spring Activities with Kids
For all the cards and puzzles activities, I prefer to print them out on white card stock and laminate them for durability and repetitive use. They can be kept together in zip lock bags or with binder rings. After they have been cut out, laminate and use a peg or paperclip to clip or place a pom pom or candy onto the correct answer. What do you grow in your garden?
- BEST Tips for Gardening with Kids
- How to Make Bread & Butter Pickles
- Fun Flower Sight Word Worksheets
- Seeds make 10 Activity (addition game)
- HUGE Farm Unit
- Spring Letter Reversal Worksheets
- Kite Alphabet Craft
- Bubble Word Family Sorting
- F is for Flower Handprint Craft
- Free Flower Names Puzzles
- Ladybug Printable Alphabet Activity
- Spring Playdough Counting Mats
- Grow a Plant Sequencing Worksheets
- Coloring Flowers Science Experiment
Using themed packs is a fun way to incorporate early math and literacy while keeping kids attention with a common them they are interested in. Here are more kindergarten worksheets to make learning fun:
Fun in the Garden Worksheet Answers
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!