This fun animal activity lets children listen for clues to determine what animal you are talking about. These Who Am I? Cards are perfect for preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, and 2nd graders are perfect for a fun guess the animal game.
Who Am I? Cards
The “Who Am I? Animal Discovery Challenge” printable introduces an engaging activity for young learners, aged 5 and up, designed to foster reading comprehension and critical thinking skills. This printable features 12 description cards paired with 12 animal images, inviting kids to read the descriptions and match them to the corresponding animals. Through this interactive game, children embark on an exploration of the animal kingdom.
Guess the animal
Ways to Incorporate the Printable:
- Animal Matching: Present the printable as a delightful matching game where kids read the descriptions and pair them with the correct animal images.
- Reading Comprehension: Encourage children to carefully read each description to grasp the clues that lead them to the correct animal.
- Independent Exploration: Allow kids to work through the descriptions and images independently, promoting self-guided learning.
Guess the animal Game
- Reading Comprehension: The activity enhances reading comprehension skills as kids interpret and apply the clues from the descriptions.
- Critical Thinking: Matching descriptions to animals requires critical thinking and analytical reasoning.
- Vocabulary Enrichment: Exploring diverse animal names and characteristics broadens vocabulary and language skills.
guess the animal riddle
Steps to Engage with the Printable:
- Introduction: Explain to kids that the printable includes descriptions of animals along with corresponding animal images.
- Matching Challenge: Encourage children to read each description and find the animal image that matches the description’s clues.
- Discussion: After matching each card, discuss the description and animal to reinforce comprehension and expand their knowledge.
Alternative Ways to Use the Printable:
- Guess the Animal: Read aloud the descriptions, and have kids guess the animal before matching it with the image.
- Animal Facts Exploration: After matching, delve into a discussion about each animal’s habitat, behavior, and interesting facts.
- Create a Story: Encourage kids to weave a short story that incorporates some of the matched animals and their descriptions.
- Are you My Mother? Matching Mom & Baby Farm Animals or Animal Homes Clip Cards
- Farm Animals and their Homes Flip Book or Free Zoo Animals Worksheet – several levels
- Silly Animals and their Habitats Activity or Animal Habitats Worksheets to complete with circle stickers
- Free Biomes Coloring Pages, or Animal Cookie Matching Activity, or Animal Alphabet Tracing Cards
- Endangered Animals Worksheets, Free printable Animal Word Searches
- 30 Life Cycles for Kids – free worksheets and activities or Free Animal Classifications for Kids Cootie Catchers
- Zoo Scavenger Hunt (includes simple and more complex options)
- Ocean Animals for Kids – HUGE unit for K-8th grade students.
- Zoo Animals Color by Number, Animal Pattern Worksheets, or I Spy Animals Worskheet
- Jungle Animal Coloring Pages, free Uppercase Tracing Letters with Animals A-Z, or Printable Animal Masks
- 100 Amazing Zoo Animal Crafts or see all of our Animal Activities, Printables, and Crafts
- Forest Animal Printable Finger Puppets
- Animal Activity spelling animal names with magentic letters or Animal Classification Worksheet to cut & paste
- Safari Animal Game Count to 30, Animal Connect the Dots Printable, or Woodland Animal Matching Game
- Hibernation Worksheet, free Endangered Animals Worksheet, or huge Ocean Animals for Kids unit
- 100+ Zoo Animal Crafts or Animal Habitat Game with colorful pictures, facts, and gameboard
- Animal I Spy Printables or Zoo Animal Color by Number Worksheet
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!