Next in the Alphabet Handprint Art Series is the letter I. This week we are sharing a I is for Ice Cream handprint craft! This craft is great for kindergartners as they learn the letter I. Don’t forget to print the free Letter I Worksheets to go along with it for more letter practice.
This craft uses some paint and simple supplies to make a cute ice cream on a cone. It’s always a lot of fun to for the kids to see how their hand print can turn into something else. For this craft, we make a pink hand print for the scoop of ice cream, although any favorite color can be used. It’s a simple and hands-on way to learn about the letter I!
- Letter “I” is for Ice Cream printable
- brown crayon
- pink paint (or another favorite color)
- paint brush
- wipes to clean hands
I is for Ice Cream
First, print the printable to go along with this craft. We like to practice the letter on the first page before making our handprint, and we do the next page while the handprint is drying.
Start by drawing the ice cream cone. First draw a triangle shape, and then draw overlapping diagnal lines as shown above. Or you can get creative and design your own cone! Younger kids may need some help with this.
To make the hand print, paint the whole palm and fingers one color. We used light pink to make ours look like strawberry ice cream.
Turn the paper upside down to make it easier to make the hand print. Place the hand on top of the cone, with the fingers overlapping the cone. This makes it look like the “ice cream” is melting down the sides of the cone. How cute! Let dry and your ice cream is complete! Rinse hands with water or wipe clean.
While your I is for Ice Cream is drying, complete the Letter I worksheets for more letter “I” practice!
Ice Cream Printables
If you are looking for more ice cream activities to add to your ice cream theme of summer learning, check these out!
- AMAZING, Edible Play Doh Ice Cream Recipe that scoops like ice creaam!
- Ice Cream Themed, Summer Bucket List Ideas
- Work on tracing letter with these free printable Ice Cream Alphabet
- Delicious Ice Cream Alphabet Puzzles to help kids practice matching upper and lowercase letters
- Plus check out these Ice Cream Alpabet Playdough Mats
- Practice adding to to with these cute Ice Cream Make 10 Game
- Cute, Hands-on Ice Cream Number Bonds Practice
- Printable Digraph Activity scooping Ice Cream
- Ice Cream Compound Words Activity
- Count to 20 as you Build your Ice Cream Math Sundae
- TONS of cute Ice Cream Craft Preschool
- Simple Ice Cream Coloring Pages
- Fun and EASY How to Make your own Ice Cream in a Bag
- Scoop up Ice Cream Counting Printable
- Ice Cream Math Game Book Based Activity for Kindergartners
- I is for Ice Cream handart project for kids
- Practice completing patterns with this FUN Ice Cream Pattern Printable
- Fun Ice Cream themed Shape Playdough Mats
- FUN Ice Cream Place Value Activity fo kindergarten and first graders
- Or scoop a sunday with this Place Value Activity for grade 1, grade 2, and grade 3 students
- Cut and paste sentences with this Sentence Scrambles to make your own Ice Cream Reader for pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students
- Practice adding Ice Cream scoop endings to words with this suffixes activity
- Color Matching Ice Cream Activity
- Try our delicious and EASY homemade vanilla ice cream
- Or whip up some ice cream this winter with this outrageously fun and super YUMMY How to Make Snow Ice Cream
- Practice Addition with this Ice Cream Math task cards using playdough!
- Cute Ice Cream I Spy Worksheet
- Make practicing math fun with these fun Ice Cream Math Worksheets
- Simple Ice Cream craft using washi tape for toddlers, preschoolers and kindergartners.
- Fun-to-Make, Printable Ice Cream Math Craft
- Summer activities for preschoolers making Popsicle Alphabet Puzzles
- Ice Cream Division Puzzles make practicing math FUN
- Popsicle Count to 10 clip cards are a fun, educational Summer Activities for Preschoolers
- Trace the Letters on the Alphabet Popsicles in this Summer Activity for Preschoolers
- Work on Number Sense with these Counting Summer Activity for Preschool Puzzles
- 2 ingredient Gummy Bear Popsicles are so COLORFUL and EASY!
Download Letter I Worksheets
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!