Next in the Alphabet Handprint Art Series is the letter D. This week we are sharing a D is for Duck handprint craft! This craft is great for kindergartners as they learn the letter D. Don’t forget to print the free letter d worksheets to go along with it for more letter practice.
D is for Duck
This D is for Duck craft uses jut a few colors of paint and supplies to make a sweet handprint duck. It’s always a lot of fun to for the kids to see how their handprint can turn into something else. For this craft, we just use one color to make a a handprint for the duck’s body, and then we add an eye, legs, and a beak. It’s a quick and simple way to practice letter learning. Feel free to get creative and make a different color duck. We think it would be fun to use green and brown paint to make a Mallard Duck next time!
- Letter “D” is for Duck printable
- yellow paint
- orange paint
- black paint, marker, or googly eye (plus glue if using a googly eye)
- paint brush
First, print the printable to go along with this craft. We like to practice the letter on the first page before making our handprint, and we do the next page while the handprint is drying.
To make the duck’s body, simply paint the entire palm and fingers with yellow paint.
Press the hand onto the paper. Try to leave a little bit of room towards the bottom to make feet.
Now it’s time to make the rest of the Duck. Add an orange triangle for the beak, and use lines to make the legs and feet. We did a black dot of paint to make the Duck’s eye. You could also wait until the paint dries and use black marker, or add a bit of glue and a googly eye.
Letter D Worksheets
While your D is for Duck craft is drying, complete the Free Letter D worksheets for more letter D practice!
More FUN Alphabet Crafts
- F is for Flowers Craft
- K is for Kite Craft
- B is for Bee Craft
- M is for Mouse Craft
- J is for Jellyfish Craft
- P is for Penguin Craft
Download Letter D Worksheets
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!