These adorable fingerprint alphabet ideas are a fun way for young children to make cute alphabet crafts while learning their ABCs. We have super cute fingerprint art for each letter from A to Z! Use these fingerprint crafts with toddler, preschool, pre-k, and Kindergarten age students for a tactile alphabet activity that encourages creativity!
Fingerprint art for kids is not only fun to make, but it helps kids strengthen their finger and hand muscles that are critical for so much in life. Including zipping a zipper, tying shoes, writing, holding a pencil, and so much more! These fine motor skills are important for children to master and something as simple as finger painting can help! These fun A-Z fingerprint activities for preschoolers, toddlers, and kindergarnters are also helping strengthen a child’s alphabet knowledge. Doing crafts and activities, like this T is for Tree, that focus on individual letters or the alphabet as a whole will help them master each letter.
These are some of our favorite Fingerprint Alphabet projects. These finger print craft are engaging and beneficial to kids! You can focus on letters individually like the activities below or as a group like these exciting Fingerprint Letters. These fingerprint art ideas is great for introducing letters and also for focusing on a select few that a child may be struggling with!
A is for Aquarium. I haven’t met a kid who doesn’t like to watch fish in an aquarium and this is just as fun!
C is for Candle. Fingerprints make up every part of this adorable art!
D is for Dog. This is usually the first D word that kids learn, but this dalmatian is extra cute!
E is for Emojis. Do your kids love emojis as much as mine do? It’s basically a new form of communication, so it only makes sense to use them to help kids learn about the letter E!
Fingerprint art for kids
F is for flowers. Flowers are wonderful to look for and I love decorating my home with flower creations that my kids have made!
G is for Gumball. This gumball machine was made for the 100th day of school but it could easily be made any day of the year! This is a fantastic use of fingerprint painting
Finger print art
H is for Hop. This project itself is dedicated to spring but you can hop anywhere, can’t you?
I is for Insect. Some of us don’t like real bugs but I always enjoy sweet little bugs that are created with art!
J is for Jar. I love that this jar craft is something that can be used again and again. It would also make a fabulous gift!
K is for Kite. Let’s go fly a kite! This super cute kite is made with handprint too but the little bows are super cute fingerprints!
L is for Ladybug. This is so cute. The process is genius as well!
Fingerprint alphabet art
M is for Monkey! Even though the monkey itself is created with a footprint, it’s favorite shade tree is made from fingerprint and that is just too cute!
N is for Nest. The nest may not be made from fingerprints but the adorable baby birds are!!
Fingerprint alphabet letters
O is for Ocean. All of these adorable fingerprint animals create this beautiful ocean scene!
P is for Peas! These little peas are parachuting through the sky and it looks SO COOL!
Q is for Quilt. Making a quilt is quite often a sentimental thing. This could easily be a fun gift for a family member to cherish always!
Fingerprint craft for preschool
R is for Rainbow. Rainbows are all around us these days, on clothing, purses, keychains, etc. Why not make one out of fingerprints and paint too!!
S is for Sheep. This totally screams spring to me but it would also be great for a farm theme unit!
T is for Turtle. Aren’t these little guys just so adorable?
Fingerprint activities for preschoolers
U is for Umbrella. This adorable U is for Umbrella painting activity focuses on the letter U while using fingerprints to create the raindrops!
V is for Vehicles. These transportation vehicles are the most adorable vehicles I have seen!
Finger print craft
W is for Windsock. Have you seen how free a windsock looks flying through the sky? This is an adorable patriotic windsock, but you could easily change up the colors and make it for any season!
X is for Xylophone. This isn’t exactly a fingerprint craft but it was too cute not to add in!
Y is for Yak. This chart is stinkin’ cute and these animals are exactly what every fingerprint needs!
Z is for Zebra. Of course it is and this zebra is just so cute!
Fingerprint art ideas
These fingerprint crafts go from A to Z and everything in between. It is so much fun for most kids to paint and craft with their fingers. These activities will encourage children to not only have fun and be creative but practice their super important ABCs as well!
Looking for more fun craft projects? Try these:
- Lots of Toilet Paper Roll Crafts
- Super cute, free printable farm animal puppets
- Hundreds Paper Plate Crafts for Kids from A to Z
- Make one of these flower crafts
- These precious keepsake handprint alphabet craftshelp your child to learn the alphabet at the same time!
- Grab your craft sticks, you are going to want to make all of these cool popsicle stick crafts
- Make practicing math fun by making one of these FUN and FREE Math Crafts
- Brr! It may be cold outside, but stay warm in a winter wonderland with these snowflake crafts
- Get ready for the first day of school with these Back to School Crafts
- WE have tons of monthy kindergarten crafts
- Plus don’t miss these super cute and FREE abc crafts for lowercase letters
FREE Alphabet Printables
Looking for more abc printables for kids? You have tons of free alphabet printables
- Fun Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Find the Letter Worksheets
- Disney Alphabet Coloring Pages
- free alphabet printables for toddlers
- Alphabet Book Printable – a book for each letter of the alphabet from A to Z
- Free Printable Alphabet Worksheets
- Alphabet Mazes to practice ABCs
- Cut and Paste Alphabet Worksheets
- Super Cute Printable Alphabet Hats
- Alphabet Playdough Mats
- Super cute Alphabet Coloring Pages (posters)
- free printable alphabet worksheets
- Alphabet worksheets
- Super cute, printable alphabet crafts
- Uppercase Alphabet Letter Crafts
- Simple Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Fun Letter Recognition Worksheets for Kids
- Animal Themed Uppercase Letter Tracing Cards
- Looking for more free printables? We have lots of pre k worksheets, kindergarten worksheets 1st grade worksheets, and over 1 million pages of FREE worksheets for kids.
Looking for our most popular content? Here it is!
- Grab this ABC coloring book free download foe some fun learning with prek/K
- Bingo Dauber Printables to practice making upper and lowercase letters
- Just print and practice with these kindergarten alphabet worksheets
- Looking for convenient printable crafts? You will love these letter crafts!
- Super cute alphabet cards to trace with fingers, dry erase markers, or playdough
- Free Printable Days of the Week Worksheets are super handy for teaching the days of the week
- Find the Letter worksheets where children dab the letter to make snow in the snow globe
- Learn kindergarten colors with these free printable sorting mats!
- Alphabet Playdough Mats are a great, hands on alphabet activity
- Kids will love uncovering the zoo animals in these color by number worksheets
- Practice tracing letters with these alphabet worksheets for kindergarten a to z
- Sneak in some summer learning with these summer kindergarten worksheets
- Print this free traceable alphabet to help young learners work on fine motor skills
- Make learning your ABCs fun with these handprint alphabet ideas