Do you have a preschooler or kindergartner at home learning his/her letters? This fun playdough letters activity will surely be a winner!
Playdough Letters Activity
Playdough ActivityFlatten the playdough. The easiest way to get a smooth finish is to press the dough on a flat surface, then turn it around. Pick a letter from the playdough letter cards and copy it by writing in the dough! Ask the child to use the same color playdough as the playdough letter card. This just adds a bit of a challenge and makes it more interesting- and gives more opportunity to use visual perception skills(color recognition)! Advanced students might want to try and make a word from the letters they wrote in the dough. Or, build a word first with the playdough letter cards, then write the full words in the playdough! So many possibilities for fun learning! Add the playdough letter cards and playdough to a small box- like a lunch box, and you have a busy box for when you are traveling, waiting at appointments etc. A compact and travel-friendly activity on-the-go! Let the kids have fun learning to write their letters with our playdough letters, anywhere and anytime!
Playdough MatsLooking for more free printable playdoh mats for teaching a variety of skills while having fun and strengthening hand muscles? Check out these playdough printables:
- Princess Playdough mats
- Christmas Playdough Patterns for Preschoolers
- Count to 10 Spider Playdough Mats
- Ice Cream Shape Playdough mats
- Instruments for Kids playdough mats
- Alphabet Playdough Mats
- Birthday Cake Counting Playdough Mats
- Alphabet Playdough Ideas from A to Z
- Summer Playdough Counting mats
- Human Body Playdough Mats
- Number Playdough Mats
- Counting Cookie Playdough Mats
Download Color Playdough MatsBy downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use only
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!