Grab some orange paint swatch samples, this pumpin template, scissors, and glue and you are ready to make a super cute pumpkin craft for kids. The different shades of orange create a truly beautiful fall craft for preschool, pre-k, toddler, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd graders. Simply print the free printable pumkin craft template and you are ready for this fun pumpkin activities perfect for October, fall, Autumn, and harvest time.
Pumpkin Craft for Kids
Are you ready for October? I sure am! I love all the cheery orange pumpkins on front porches and decorating the inside of my house. Every year I try to come up with unique pumpkin craft ideas for my kiddos and I to make together. This pumpkin craft for preschoolers, toddlers, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, and grade 3 students uses a free printable pumpkin craft printable along with free paint swatches for a truly stunning and unique fall art project. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler, you will love making this easy pumpkin craft.
Pumpkin Craft Template
Pumpkin Craft for Preschoolers
All you need to make this lovely pumpkin craft project are a few simple materials:
- black and white pumpkin picture (see bottom of post)
- paint swatches samples from Home Depot, Menards, Lowes, Sherwin Williams, Benjamin Moore, etc.
- black puffy paint (homemade with glue and black paint or store bought)
Pumpkin Craft for Kindergarten
Cut the paint swatches into little squares. The more tones of orange you have the better!
Fall Crafts for Kids
Now start glueing the squares on the pumpkin. Make sure you don’ leave any white showing. Make sure to mix up the colors so it is really multi-toned.
Fall Crafts for Preschoolers
Use black puffy paint to redraw the pumpkin lines that gove covered to make your project pop. Use crayons, markers, or colore dpencils to color in the leaves and stem.
HINT: We also used cut up paint swatches to make the green leaves.
Pumpkin Craft Ideas
Isn’t that such a cheery pumpkin art project? I just love the differetn shades of orange that give it such a beautiful, rich tone! Plus I love easy fall crafts we can do without lots of complex materials or a big mess. Don’t you?
- Hole Punching Pumpkin Craft for Preschoolers
- 100 Pumpkin Crafts for First Grade
- Printable Hats make cute Fall Crafts for preschoolers – so many choices
- Beautiful Cardboard Tube Stamped Fall Tree Craft
- Cute Corn Wreath Craft for Kids
- Fun-to-Make Yarn Pumpkins Craft for Kids
- Paint Swatch Pumpkin Craft for Preschoolers
- Scented Pumpkin Puffy Paint Craft for Fall
- Halloween Jack-o-Lantern Craft for kids
- Silly Spider Name Craft Activity for Preschoolers with FREE Printable
- 31 October Crafts for Kids
- Turkey Pumpkin Seed Craft
- Gummy Worm Slime
- Octoboer Activities for Kids
Pumpkin Activity for Kids
- Homemade Halloween Silly Putty Activities
- How to Make Pumpkin Slime
- Taste Safe Pumpkin Clay for Kids
- Spookley the Square Pumpkin Shape Activity with homemade Pumpkin Playdough
- Flying Film Canister Ghost Rockets
- Frankenstein’s Hand Halloween Science Experiment
- Quickly Growing Pumpkin Science Experiment
- This Why Do Leaves Change Color experiment is one of our favorite that is so simple and yet so clever!
- Jack-o-Lantern Pumpkin Volcano Halloween Science Experiments
Halloween Science Experiments
- Errupting Halloween Pumpkin Volcano Science Experiments
- Not-so-Spooky Halloween Ghost Science Experiment
- Exploding Pumpkin Science Experiment for October
- Dissolving Candy Halloween Science Experiments
- Frankenworms Halloween Science Experiment
- Melting Pumpkins Science Experiment for October
- EASY Static Electricity Ghost Experiment
- Halloween Lava Lamp Science Experiment
- Pumpkin Counting activity that uses free printable and pumpkin candy corn to count and trace
- Count to 20 Pumpkin Playdough Mats
- Practice skip counting with this hands-on pumpkin math activity
- Super cute, free printable pumpkin addition game
- Fall Addition Sticker Worksheets are a fun, hands-on math worksheet
- Pumpkin Shape Matching Game to practice shape recognition with kids
- Make practicing math fun with this super cute, Pumpkin Patch Math Game
- These fun, reusable pumpkin math worksheets are super cute and make practicing addition fun for kindergartners
- Work on color words with this free pumpkin worksheets for preschoolers
- Pumpkin Matching Game
- Even older students will have fun getting in on the pumpkin theme with these multiplication pumpkin math puzzles
- These order of operation puzzles are another fun pumpkin math activity for older students.
- Trace and Erase to practice again with this handy Pumpkin Printable Letter Tracing strips
- Practice sight words with this fun Pumpkin Game
- This find the letter pumpkin worksheets for preschool
- Kids will love this phonics Pumpkin Activity for Kindergarten where they will work on beginning sounds to put together these alphabet puzzles.
- Pumpkin Letters for tracing alphabet with a dry erase marker or playdough
- Practice reading with these cute, clever and FREE Word Family Sliders Pumpkin Activity for Kindergarten
- Improve reading with this fun Word Family Pumpkin Activity for Kindergarten
- These super cute Pumpkin Letters and sounds puzzles allow children to practice letter tracing as well as working on beginning sounds
- Sneak in some fun practice with these homophone puzzle pumpkin activities
- You’ll love these no-prep Pumpkin Worksheets where students will color by vowels
- These Pumpkin worksheets and printable activities work on rhyming skills to improve reading and spelling
- Find the Letter Alphabet Pumpkin Worksheets
- Printable October Writing Prompts
Pumpkin Craft Printable
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!