Do your kids love unicorns? If so this may be a great way to get your preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten age child to learn about making 10. Using these make 10 printable clip cards, you can teach ways to make 10 kindergarten whie having fun. Simply print kindergarten math and you are raedy to teach make 10 strategy to kindergartners.
Ways to make 10 kindergarten
Preschool and kindergarten kids will love these unicorn themed making ten clip card puzzles! Looking for a fun way to reinforce making ten and counting skills? These puzzle cards will have kids identifying the number and counting on to make ten. The puzzles have an option to fill in the empty ten frame cards with mini erasers or dot markers to complete the puzzle, perfect for independent practice and morning tubs.
- Print in COLOR or BLACK & WHITE (use card stock or laminate the pages)
- Cut the cards out.
- Store them in a plastic sleeve or file folder.
- Prepare some pegs for clipping and dough or unicorn erasers for counting.
Make 10 Strategy
- Students will be working on their cards in a group. They take one card and count the emojis on that card.
- They then count on to figure out how many more scoops they need to make a total of ten emojis.
- Once they figure out that number, they clip the correct number.
- Then then add emoji erasers on the cards to show how many more unicorns they need.
- I usually check their work as I go around the class.
- This fun activity can be repeated for practice! I hope you kids benefit from and enjoy using this activity!
How to make 10
Use these cards to help kids develop counting on and mathematic skills and strengthen their number knowledge. Kids need to master their counting and number identification skills as it is a critical component to prepare them for more complex reasoning and mathematic skills. Introduce the puzzle cards and show the kids that these cards are to be used with mini erasers or dot stickers. You could possibly have your pre-schoolers work on easier numbers and the kindergarteners to work on all the other cards. A great way to work on these puzzles is to create a competition where the kids have to complete all the cards in a group.
How many more to make 10
This game can also be played as a group, It’ll be even more enjoyable to have the competition game played between groups.
Look for more animal themed activites? You will love these free printable ideas:
- Animal Uppercase Letter Tracing
- Super cute, Free Printable Animal Masks Templates Masks for kids
- Animal Activities for Kids with Animal Cookies
- Forest Animal Printable Finger Puppets
- Free Animal Classifications Worksheet to turn into FUN Cootie Catchers
- Zoo Scavenger Hunt – LOTS of choices inlcluding simple picture clues for young kids and more complex animal classification, biomes, endangered threat, etc
- Animal Activity – Spelling animal names with magentic letters and printable
- Animal Classification Worksheet to cut & paste
- Safari Animal Game Count to 30
- Animal Connect the Dots Printable
- Free Woodland Animal Matching Game
- Hibernation Worksheet – Learn about these fascinating animals from around the world that hibernate during the cold winter months
- Endangered Animals Worksheet – Children will love learning about these fascinating animals from around the world that are sadly endangered animals
- Ocean Animals for Kids – over 240 pages organized into 7 lessons to study aquatic animals using easy-to-understand text, hands-on science experiments, fun worksheets, and more with K-8th grade students.
- Jungle Animal Coloring Pages
- Pasta Animal Crafts for Kids w/ Free Templates
- Animals and their Babies Matching Game
- Animal Homes for Kids Clip Cards
- Farm Animals and their Homes Flip Book
- Free Printable Nocturnal Animal Games
- Zoo Animal Math Worksheets to work on Number Sense
- Animals and their Young Ones Worksheet
- Free Zoo Animal Report Templates for all ages from Toddler, preschool to elementary age students too
- Zoo Field Trip Worksheet – several leveral to choose from toddler, prek, elementary and middle school
- Animal Habitats for Kids with Animal Cookies
- Endangered Animals Flip Book
- Silly Animals and their Animal Habitats Worksheet
- Animals and their Young Ones Worksheet Pack
- Free Printable Animal Worksheets for Kindergarten – over 50 pages reviewing early skills!
- Animal habitats kindergarten worksheets to complete with circle stickers
- Fun-to-Color and Educational Biomes Coloring Pages
- Endangered Animals Find the Letter Worksheets
- Reading Comprehension about Animals for Grade 1 and Kindergarten
- Animal Alphabet Worksheets
- 100+ Zoo Animal Crafts arranged by type of animals
- Nocturnal Animals Worksheet – Learn about nocturnal animals with this huge pack
- Forest Animals Themed Worksheets
- Arctic Animals Themed Worksheets
- Desert Animals Themed Worksheets
- Pond Worksheets for Kids
- Mother and Baby Cards
- Mother and Baby Card Pack
- Turkey Life Cycle Worksheets
- Salmon Life Cycle Worksheet Pack
- Life Cycle of an Ant
- Life CYcle of a Bee Worksheet
- Ladybug Life Cycle Worksheet
- Hatching Butterflies with Free Life Cycle of a Butterfly Worksheet and observation journal
- Life Cycles Worksheets – a growing collection with over 20 different animals to explore from penguins to sunflowers, salmon, butterfly, and more!
- Free Printable Animal Habitat Game with colorful pictures, facts, and gameboard
- Animal I Spy Printables
- Life Cycle of a Bunny Worksheet
- Shark Printables Reader to learn about sharks for kids
- Zoo Animal Color by Number Worksheet
- Make 10 Unicorn Math Activity for Kindergartners
- Unicorn Writing Prompts
- Fluffy Unicorn Slime
- Unicorn Subtraction Sensory Bag
- Short Vowel Unicorn Activity
- Unicorn MAZE b and d letter reversal worksheets
- Writing Number Words Worksheets with a fun Unicorn Theme
Before you grab your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.