Fall is here which means it’s time to fill our days with educational fall math and fall activities to make learning fun! Have fun with this free printable math activity for Autumn. Simply download the pdf file, a couple dice, and you are ready for this Fall Addition Activity for Kindergartners. This activity uses a number line to practice adding numbers 1-12 and adding on. You can also use this to practice subtraction with kindergarten age students. This math game is perfect for your younger students starting to learn about sums!
Fall AdditionLearning to do sums, whether it is adding or subtracting numbers, is best learned hands-on. Using a number line is a good strategy to show how one counts forwards(jump forwards on the number line) when adding, and counts backwards(jump backwards) when subtracting numbers. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this free fall printable for making learning fun for kids in September, October, and November. This is great for extra practice, fall math center in your classroom, and supplement to your homeschool math curriculum.
Fall Math WorksheetsDecide if it will be an addition or subtraction sum and write down the correct sign between the blocks. Then roll dice and place it on blocks to form a sum. (Remember always to place the biggest number in the first block when doing subtraction sums.) To find the answer using the number line, do the following. Find the number in the first block on the number line. Then “jump” the number of spaces shown in the second block. The above image shows how to jump 3 spaces from 2 to get to 5, which is the answer. Write that in the last block. Maths vocabulary is used throughout the explanation so that young children can learn what it means while doing the activity. Words like adding, subtracting, equals, answer, sum, forwards, backwards, more, less etc. are all words that are taught from a young age because it is needed for future learning. Use the mat for subtraction sums in the same manner, but count/jump backwards to get to the answer. Learning all about sums, adding and subtracting, counting forwards and backwards, getting the answer right, are all skills that are developed through this fun Fall sums activity using dice and a number line. Have fun learning!
Fall Activities for PreschoolLooking for more fun, fall printables to make leaning fun for prek kids? Take a peak at these:
- Pumpkin Shape Games for Preschoolers
- Fall Bingo Dauber Printables
- Pumpkin Pie Counting Activity
- Fall Sticker Worksheets
- Tracing Numbers Worksheets for Fall
- Fall Shapes for Preschoolers Printable Reader
- Autumn Color by Letter Kindergarten
- Fall Playdough Cards
- Free Printable Sight Word Games for Fall
- Fall Color by Number Worksheets
- Printable Fall Counting Worksheets
- Pumpkin Traceable Alphabet
- Fall Counting Pumpkins Reader
- Printable Hat Fall Crafts for Preschoolers
- Fall Number Mats
- Nature Scavenger Hunt Printables
- Apple Worksheets Preschool
- Fall Sequencing Activities
- Free Alphabet Flip Book Printable – apple theme
- Fall Number Game for Preschoolers
- Fall Worksheets for Preschool – HUGE pack!
- Cereal Fall Tree Craft
- Printable Leaves Fall Wreath Craft
- Leaf Printing with Markers – fun Fall Crafts for Preschool
Download Fall Sums Game
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!