Are you looking for some free printable Sorting Worksheets for Kindergarten kids? Helping kindergartners practice sorting objects by things they have in common is a great skill that helps kids to understand the concept of categorization and organization. These cut and paste worksheets offer a variety of sorting activities including:
Sorting Worksheets for Kindergarten
By using kindergarten sorting worksheets, children not only enhance their critical thinking and problem-solving skills but also develop important life skills. These are no-prep worksheets so just print and start using them. If you are looking for some fun worksheets to teach sorting to your kindergarteners then you should include these free worksheets in your teaching curriculum. You’ll find ten different types of sorting worksheets to give decent practice to your kindergarten students.
It includes uppercase or lowercase worksheet, letter or number worksheet, sink or float worksheet, sort by size worksheet, living or non-living worksheet, hard or soft worksheet, hot or cold worksheet, land or water worksheet, insect or not worksheet and fruit or vegetables worksheet.
Kindergarten Sorting Worksheets
Sorting uppercase and lowercase letters worksheet
This is an uppercase or lowercase sorting letters worksheet, here kids will have to cut and paste the alphabet in the correct boxes. This is an excellent exercise for kids to help recognize uppercase and lowercase alphabets.
Letter or Number Worksheet
This letter or number sorting worksheet is a great activity for kids to learn to differentiate between letters and numbers. Here kids will have to sort the letters and numbers and then cut and paste them in the correct boxes.
Sort by Size Worksheet
Next is the sort by size worksheet, here kids will find three fruits in different sizes. They have to sort those into small, medium and large sizes and then cut and paste them in the correct boxes. This activity will help kids understand the difference between objects of different sizes.
Living or Non-living Worksheet
This living or non-living worksheet will help kids learn to identify living or non-living objects. In this worksheet, kids will find some object images they will have to identify which are living objects and which are non-living and then cut and paste them into the correct boxes.
Sink or Float Worksheet
In this fun science worksheet, kids will have to find out if things will sink or float in water. After they figure it out, they cut the pictures and paste them into the right boxes. To make this activity more engaging you can ask kids to perform the test practically.
Hard or Soft Worksheet
In this hard or soft worksheet, kids will have to recognize the object images and tell whether it is soft or hard by nature and then cut and paste them into the correct boxes.
Hot or Cold Worksheet
This is another science worksheet, here kids will have to sort the object images based on whether it is hot or cold and then cut and paste them in the correct boxes. This is a great activity for kids to understand hot and cold objects.
Land or Water Worksheet
This is a land or water worksheet, here kids will have to recognize the animal images and sort them based on whether they live on land or water and then cut and paste them in the correct boxes. This exercise will help kids to learn which animals live on land and which in water.
Insect or Not Worksheet
In the insect or not worksheet, children will distinguish between insects and non-insects and sort them accordingly. Then they will have to cut and paste them into the correct boxes.
Fruit or Vegetables Worksheet
Finally, you’ll find the fruit and vegetables worksheet. In this worksheet, kids will have to identify which images are of a fruit and which are of a vegetable and sort them accordingly, then cut and paste them into the correct boxes.
Cut and Paste worksheets
- Cut and Paste Short U Worksheets or Long and Short Vowels Worksheets
- Sorting Worksheets for kindergarten or cut and paste worksheets for kindergarten
- Ice Cream Cut and Paste Worksheets to make a Sight Word Reader
- Flower word family cut and paste worksheets or Trigraph Cut and Paste Worksheets
- ABC Order Farm Cut and Paste Worksheets or Cut and Paste Alphabet Worksheets
- Free Cut and Paste Worksheets or Acorn Cut and Paste Math Worksheets for 1st grade
- Money Cut and Paste Worksheets or Free Cut and Paste Sentences
- Animal Classifications Cut and Paste Worksheets or Free Alphabet Cut and Paste Worksheets with writing practice
Kindergarten Math Activities
- Crack the Code Worksheet Pages and insect telling Time Puzzle to the hour and half hour
- Free Printable Coin Worksheets – color by coin and cute Skip Counting Puzzles
- Dog and Bone Addition Activity for Kindergarten and fun Hundreds Chart Battleship
- Geoboard Activities and watermelon Kindergarten Math Activities
- Months of the Year Activities and Tic-Tac-Toe Printable Addition Games
- Dinosaur Theme Kindergaten Math Worksheets and What Comes Next Kindergarten Math
- Free Ice Cream Math Worksheets and sandcastle Subtraction Craft
- Hoppy Frog Math Game and goldfish Kindergarten Subtraction Games
- Blowing Bubble Math Worksheets and smores Free Kindergarten Math Worksheets
- Hands-on Estimation for Kindergarten Activity and snowball Sorting Odd and Even Math Activities
- Bug Measuring Kindergarten Worksheets and Roll to 100 Counting Game
- Flower Shape Kindergarten Math Crafts and color and learn with these Ordinal Number Worksheets
- Spring Kite Skip Counting Craft and pirate I Spy Worksheets
- Free Number Recognition Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Engaging, Reusable Kindergarten Math Worksheets pdf and Graphing Worksheets for Kindergarten
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!