Help young learners practice identifying shapes with this fun, FREE printable Shapes game for preschool, pre k, kindergarten, and 1st grade students.
Here is a fun shapes game that provides opportunity for recognising shapes and also to practice drawing shapes. It helps young children to understand basic rules when it comes to playing games- taking turns, counting and moving spaces accurately etc.
Shape Games for Kids
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this fun, NO PREP math game for Kindergartners, preschoolers, and pre k students. Play this game of shapes to practice shape recognition and shape names! There are 3 ways to play this game, making it perfect for all ages!
Shapes for Kindergarten
- All players place their play pieces at the “Start” block. Take turns to roll the die and move that number of spaces. Simply name the shape to qualify for the next round. Watch out for OOPS! where you have to go 1 space back. You are lucky if you land on the Bonus Throw blocks- then you can have another roll with the die! First player at End, wins!
- Or, make it more interesting by proving each player a piece of paper or white board, then he/she must copy the shape too. Or even draw a picture of a real object, eg. a ball for a circle, a piece of pizza resembling a triangle etc.
- Another option, to add movement AND even more fun to the game, is to collect a real object that has that shape from the room. A child might roll a rectangle and collect a book from the bookcase. Making use of real objects helps the child to understand the correlation between 2D(on paper, as on the play board) to 3D objects(the physical objects one can see, touch, smell etc.).
Kindergarten Learning Games
This kindergarten math game is such a fun way to learn about shapes, their names and to identify it in everyday items around us! Grab your Shapes Game copy now!
Looking for more fun ways to help kids learn about shapes? You will love these free shape printables:
- Preschool Shapes Worksheets
- Teaching Shapes to Preschoolers with Pirate Printable Reader
- Monster Preschool Shapes Playdough mats
- Chocolate Shape Mats
- Free Printable Shape Flashcards
- Build a Snowman – Free Printable Shape Puzzles
- Popsicle Shape Sorting Mats
- Pumpkin Shape Matching
- Penguin Shape Sorting Activity
- Trace & Erase Shape Activities for Preschoolers
- Pumpkin Shape Mats
- Leaf Shapes for Kids
- Trace the Shape
- Shape Scavenger Hunt
- Free Printable Shapes Worksheets
- Cut and Paste Shapes Printable
- Shape Constellation Flashlight Printable
- Free Shape Puzzles Printable
- Shape Do a Dot Printables
- Free Printable Road Shapes
- Free Shape Bingo Game
- Shape Playdough Mats
- Free Shape Games
- Flower Shape Mats
- Ice Cream Shape Mats
- Flower Shape Math Craft
- Carrot Shape Mats
Looking for our most popular content? Here it is!
- Super cute alphabet coloring pages – just print and color!
- You will love these no prep, printable alphabet crafts
- How cute are these Zoo Animal color by number worksheets for kindergarten
- ABC Bingo Dauber Worksheets
- Love these alphabet handprints ideas for kids!
- These Alphabet Worksheets help kids practice so many skills
- Tracing Alphabet cards to use with fingers, dry erase markers, or playdough!
- Snow Globe Snow Worksheets that help kids practice letter recognition
- Work on color sorting with this low prep printable
- Alphabet Mats are a great way to work on learning your ABCs
- Looking for no prep worksheets to print and trace? Try these a to z worksheet for kindergarten
- Kids will want to practice with these fun kindergarten math worksheets
- You will love these Alphabet Tracing strips for practicing upper and lowercase letters!
If you have a kindergarten or teach kindergartners, you don’t want to miss all our fun and FREE theme worksheets, free alphabet printables, kindergarten math, kindergarten science, kindergarten phonics, kindergarten crafts, and kindergarten themes!
Download Shape Board Game
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!