Kids will have fun sorting items by shapes with this FREE Shape Spider Mats; it is a fun, hands-on math activity perfect for October!
Looking for more fun ways to help kids learn about shapes? You will love these free shape printables:
- Fall Leaves Shape Sorting Activity
- Monster Shape Playdough Mats
- Flower Shape Math Craft
- Do a Dot Shape Worksheets
- 2D and 3D shape puzzles
- Balloon Shape activity
- Penguin Shape Sorting Activity
- Trace and Erase Learning Shapes Mats
- Shape Bingo
- 2D Shape Worksheets
- Color the Shapes Emergent Reader
Shape Activity for Kindergarten
Download the free shape printables at the bottom of this post for a fun, hands on math game for preschoolers and kindergartners. Print pages for all the shapes you want to work on. There are options to learn the following shapes: triangle, trapezoid, square, rectangle, oval, diamond, octagon, hexagon, and circle.
Each page contains a spider web with the shape name and several real world images that match the featured shape.
This shape activity for kindergarten age kids makes a great math activity! You can have them do one, two, or lots of shapes at the same time depending on your students abilities. First, students will match the shape spider to their web. If you have younger students like prek this may be all the farther you take the activity at the beginning.
Next, kindergartners will help the spider trap all the items that belong on their web – all the items that match the shape featured on that web.
Continue playing the math game until all the items have been “stuck” to the correct spider web. Above the oval web has an oval spider, locket, watermelon, egg, leaf, and pill.
You can cut items out as squares for a quick, LOW PREP activity or you can cut each individual item out for a “prettier” educational spider activity for kids.
Spider Activities for Kids
- Spider Shape Worksheets
- S is for Spider Handart and letter tracing
- Spooky Spider Counting Game
- Count to 10 Spider Playdough Mats
- Spider Life Cycle Worksheets
- Fun, hands on Spider Unit for Kids
- EPIC Spider Slime Recipe
- Pumpkin Candy Count & Trace is a fun way to learn with this classic fall candy
- Practicing Counting with Pumpkin Seed Counting Mats
- Pumpkin Traceable Letters – use with a dry erase marker or playdough
- Practice one to one correspondence with this hands-on Pumpkin Pie Counting Activity
- Fall Addition Sticker Math Worksheets are a fun, hands-on math worksheet
- Kids will have fun practicing shapes with this Pumpkin Shape Matching Game
Download Spider Shape Mats
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use (to share this resource, please direct others to this post to download their own free copy)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!