Kids will get excited about practice sorting shapes this these fun, hands on shape mats. But this is no boring shape activity, this is a super cute shape activity for Halloween, fall or a spider theme. Match the spider to her web and then help her catch only the objects that belong on her shape web with this outrageously fun spider activities for kindergarten. This hands-on math activity is perfect for toddler, preschool, pre k, kindergarten, and first grade students to play in October!
Spider Activities for Kindergarten
We love grabbing children’s attention with engaging educational activities that make learning fun! So whether you are doing an S is for spider letter of the week unit, a bug theme, insect theme, spider theme for Halloween, of are just looking for a math activity that helps kids work on visual recognition and shape discrimination – you are going to love these spider shape mats! These Spider Activities for Kindergarten is loads of fun for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergarteners, and grade 1 students during the month of October.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this shape game that helps children learn to recognize what shape real world items are. Use this at your Halloween math center in your classroom, as a free math game as you school at home, or to supplement your homeschool math curriculum. Either way, this printable shape activity is sure to be a hit!
Shape Activity for Kindergarten
Print the pages in the pages for all the shapes you want to work on. There are options to learn the following shapes: triangle, trapezoid, square, rectangle, oval, diamond, octagon, hexagon, and circle.
Each shape sorting worksheet contains a spider web with the shape name and several real world images that match the featured shape.
This shape activity for kindergarten age kids makes a great math activity! You can have them do one, two, or lots of shapes at the same time depending on your students abilities. First, students will match the shape spider to their web. If you have younger students like prek this may be all the farther you take the activity at the beginning.
Next, kindergartners will help the spider trap all the items that belong on their web – all the items that match the shape featured on that web.
Continue playing the spider web game for preschoolers until all the items have been “stuck” to the correct spider web. Above the oval web has an oval spider, locket, watermelon, egg, leaf, and pill.
Free Printable Shapes for Preschoolers
You can cut items out as squares for a quick, LOW PREP activity or you can cut each individual item out for a “prettier” educational spider activity for kids.
Spider Activities for Kids
- Spider Counting Activities for Preschoolers
- Spider Shape Sorting Activity – help the spider trap the items in his web that are the same shape as his web
- S is for Spider Handprint art
- Spooky Spider Counting Game
- Spider Shapes Worksheets for Preschool
- Life Cycle of a Spider Worksheet
- Fun, hands on Spider for Kids unit
- Easy Spider Slime Slime
- Glow in the Dark Spider Web
- Animal classification worksheets
- Animal Classification Cootie Catchers
Looking for more fun ways to help kids learn about shapes? You will love these free shape printables:
- Preschool Shapes Worksheets
- Teaching Shapes to Preschoolers with Pirate Printable Reader
- Monster Preschool Shapes Playdough mats
- Chocolate Shape Mats
- Free Printable Shape Flashcards
- Build a Snowman – Free Printable Shape Puzzles
- Popsicle Shape Sorting Mats
- Pumpkin Shape Matching
- Penguin Shape Sorting Activity
- Trace & Erase Shape Activities for Preschoolers
- Pumpkin Shape Mats
- Leaf Shapes for Kids
- Trace the Shape
- Shape Scavenger Hunt
- Free Printable Shapes Worksheets
- Cut and Paste Shapes Printable
- Shape Constellation Flashlight Printable
- Free Shape Puzzles Printable
- Shape Do a Dot Printables
- Free Printable Road Shapes
- Free Shape Bingo Game
- Shape Playdough Mats
- Free Shape Games
- Flower Shape Mats
- Ice Cream Shape Mats
- Flower Shape Math Craft
- Carrot Shape Mats
- Free pumpkin activity printables that uses Pumpkin Candy to Count and Trace
- Practicing Counting with Pumpkin Seed Counting Activity
- Pumpkin Letter Tracing – use with a dry erase marker or playdough
- Super cute parts of a pumpkin craft to help kids learn the parts of a pumpkin
- Improve reading with this fun Word Family Pumpkin Activities for Kindergarten
- Fall Addition Sticker Worksheets are a fun, hands-on math worksheet
- Pumpkin Pie Number Sense Activities for Preschoolers
- Pumpkin Shape Matching Game to practice shape recognition with kids
- Practice sight words with this fun Pumpkin Sight Word Game
- These super cute Pumpkin Alphabet puzzles allow children to practice letter tracing as well as working on beginning sounds
- Lots of FUN October Activities for Kids
- Make practicing math fun with this super cute, Pumpkin Patch Math Game
- These fun pumpkin addition task cards are super cute and make practicing fun for kids
- Sneak in some fun practice with these homophone puzzles
- Grab this free Pumpkin Life Cycle Worksheet pack to learn about the life cycle of pumpkins
- Trace and Erase to practice again with this handy Pumpkin Letter Tracing printable
- Super cute pumpkin pie counting activity – pile on the “whip cream”
- Pumpkin Word Family Slides Printables
- Practice making shapes with these pumpkin shapes playdough mats
- Grab these Pumpkin Addition Worksheets for a no prep math activity for young learners
- This find the letter free pumpkin activity printables
- Adorable Pumpkin preschool pie craft for practicing counting!
- Hands on Pumpkin Shape Games for Preshoolers
- Work on One to One Correspondence Kindergarten with this pumpkin pie themed math activity
- Work on Number Bonds to 10 with these pumpkin themed math worksheets for kindergarten and grade 1
- Kids will love this Pumpkin Phonics activity where they will work on beginning sounds to put together these alphabet puzzles.
- Trace numbers and work on 1:1 correspondence with this free pumpkin activity printables
Download Spider Shape Mats
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use (to share this resource, please direct others to this post to download their own free copy)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!