Help kids practice skills like counting, writing alphabet letters, which one is different, colors, and more with these Desert Animals Printables for Toddler, Preschool, and Kindergarten age kids. You can see all our other kindergarten worksheets and activities for Kindergarten Themes.
Desert Preschool Printables
The desert is a barren area whose living conditions are very hostile for plant and animal life. The lack of vegetation and water for animals makes it hard for them to survive. To stay out of the heat, many of the animals that live in the desert are nocturnal and become very efficient at conserving water and energy.
This huge printable pack has over 80 pages of desert worksheets for kindergarten that introduces students to some of the unique animals that are able to survive these harsh conditions. See all our Kindergarten Printables
This desert animals worksheet for kindergarten contains over 80 pages of fun activities focusing on animals that live in the desert. There are eight animals that are focused on in this printable pack: the camel, the scorpion, the tortoise, the mouse, the rattlesnake, the lizard, the gopher and the coyote.
In this Desert Animals Printable pack there are many worksheets that can be made reusable by laminating them and using a dry erase marker.
Desert Animals Printables
A full list of the desert activities for kindergarten included is:
- Alphabet Cards – Cut out, laminate and use to match the lower case letters to the uppercase ones. Can also be used to spell words.
- Trace the Letters – Improve handwriting skills while learning to spell.
- 3 Part Cards – Can be used to match the words to the picture or in games such as memory. These cards can also be used together with the alphabet cards. using the alphabet cards to spell out the words.
- I Spy – Count the Desert Animals– Count the animals.
- Beginning Letter Sounds – Cut out, laminate and use a peg or paperclip to clip or place a pom pom or candy onto the correct answer.
- Syllable Cards – Cut out, laminate and use a peg or paperclip to clip or place a pom pom or candy onto the correct answer.
- Do-A-Dot Letter Activity – Using a dot marker or bingo marker, dot out all of the correct letters.
- Trace the Lines – Trace inside the lines carefully
- Cut the Lines – Practice scissor skills by cutting along the lines
- Trace the Lowercase Letters – Trace the lowercase letters of the alphabet
- Trace the Uppercase Letters – Trace the uppercase letters of the alphabet
Desert Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Counting Puzzles – Cut out, laminate and use the numbers to place the puzzles back together.
- Counting Cards – Cut out, laminate and use a peg or paperclip to clip or place a pompomor candy onto the correct answer.
- Addition Cards – Cut out, laminate and use a peg or paperclip to clip or place a pompomor candy onto the correct answer.
- Subtraction Cards – Cut out, laminate and use a peg or paperclip to clip or place a pompomor candy onto the correct answer.
- Size Sequencing Cards – Cut out, laminate and place in order from largest to smallest or vice versa.
- Odd One Out – Circle the object that is different.
- What Comes Next? – Cut out and paste the answer in the correct spot.
- Finish the Patterns – Cut out and paste the answer in the correct spot.
- Coloring Activity – Color in the object using the color listed below.
- Dice / Graphing Activity – Cut out the dice and glue together. Roll the dice and graph each object the dice lands on.
- Trace the Numbers – Trace the numbers from 1 to 20
- Coloring Pages – Color or decorate the pages
- Color Matching Cards – Cut out the cards and practice learning colors by matching the cards. Use these in games like memory / matching games
- Shadow Matching Cards – Match the animal to its shadow
- FREE Silly Puzzles Animal Habitats Activity
- Forest Animals Printables – huge pack with math and literacy worksheets for prek and kindergarten age kids with a fun forest animal theme
- Hibernating Animals Subtraction Within 5 Worksheets
- Animal Habitats Activity with Animal Cookies – kids will have fun sorting animal crackers into their homes or habitats with this fun, hands on science activity for early elementary age kids
- FREE Animal Habitats Sticker Worksheets – kids will have fun completing these science printables with circle stickers; this is a great way to introduce young leaners to the concept of biomes
- Forest Habitat Sensory Bin – kids will have fun learning as they play with the animals and vegetation in this hands -on biome activity.
- Habitat Science Game – this free printable allows students to learn about and practice matching animals to their homes. Includes animal cards so you can about individual animals too.
Science Projects for Kids
- Water Balloon Density Experiment
- Red White and Blue Science Project
- Salt Crystal Hearts
- Egg Density Experiment
- Dancing Hearts Science Experimetn for Kids
- Fizzing Christmas Science Experiment
- Frost in a Can Experiment
- Flower Science Experiment
- Month-by-Month Science Experiments for Kids
- Colorful Oil & Water Science Experiment
- Snow Volcano Science Experiment
Choosing to download means you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!