These free, no-prep Beginning Sound Worksheets are a great way for pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students to practice and improve their reading and writing skills. There are a variety of beginning sounds worksheets for kindergarten in this initial sound worksheets pack including using bingo daubers, draw a line matching, cut and paste worksheets, trace the beginning sound, and write the initial sound . Simply print pdf file with beginning sounds worksheets for kindergarten pdf and you are ready to play and learn!
Beginning sounds worksheets pdf
Use these free printable beginning sound worksheets to practice and improve letter recognition, beginning sounds, reading comprehension, vocabulary, initial sounds, and writing. As they read and complete these worksheets, they will be working on improving their fine motor skills as well. These are all important skills that they will need later in life. These simple, yet thorough worksheets are a wonderful tool for young children to help improve their memory of the beginning sounds. In this pack there are five different activities that will encourage children to learn and remember the beginning sounds. There is also a color poster that can be printed out and laminated for reference when learning the beginning sounds as well as the uppercase and lowercase letters of the alphabet.
Letter sounds worksheets pdf
Beginning sound worksheets pdf
- The first activity is to color, dot or mark the beginning sound. On the left hand side of the page is a picture of an object. Children are to work out the name of the object and then mark, color or dot the correct letter out of the three letters on the right hand side. This would be a great activity for using bingo dabbers or do-a-dot markers.
- The second activity involves drawing a line. Children will look at the picture on the left hand side of the page, say the name of this picture, work out the beginning sound and then draw a line from the picture to the correct beginning sound.
Beginning sounds worksheets for kindergarten pdf
- The third activity uses a different fine motor skill, one that involves cutting and pasting. Children are to cut out the squares of the letters at the bottom of the page. Then they will go through the page, looking at the picture, saying the name and working out the beginning sound before pasting the correct letter under the picture.
- The fourth activity involves children writing the beginning sound. The letter is already there in a dotted form, though it would be good for children to say the name of the object and work out the beginning sound before tracing this letter.
- The fifth (and last) activity is for children to write the beginning sound on their own.
Beginning Sounds Worksheets pdf free
If you are looking for more initial sound activities, you will love these free printable ideas:
- Super cute, Free Phonics Beginning Sounds Worksheets using Do a Dot Markers
- Adorable Penguin Beginning Sounds Match
- Phonics Buses Beginning Sounds Match
- Clever Letter Sound Matching Game
- Fun Fish Phonics Activities Kindergarten
- Hands-on Beginning Sound Clip Cards
- Alphabet Tracing Worksheets, and Alphabet Playdough Mats, or Alphabet Tracing Cards
- Pumpkin Phonics Games for Kindergarten
- Ice Cream Beginning Sounds Activity
- Cute Easter Phonics Puzzles
- Printable Kite Phonics Craft
- Clip Cards for working on Initial Sounds Activities
- Free Beginning Sounds Game with magnetic letters
- Construction Beginning Sounds Match
- Snowman Beginning Sounds Coloring Pages
- Hands-on Snowman Beginning Sounds for Preschoolers
- Beginning Sounds Animals Cards
- Apple Beginning Sounds Printable
Beginning letter sounds worksheets pdf
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!
>> Initial Sounds Worksheets <<
Thank you for sharing the Alphabet Letter Find worksheet.