These free, no-prep Beginning Sound Worksheets
are a great way for pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students to practice and improve their reading and writing skills. There are a variety of beginning sounds worksheets for kindergarten
in this initial sound worksheets
pack including using bingo daubers, draw a line matching, cut and paste worksheets, trace the beginning sound, and write the initial sound . Simply download pdf file with beginning sounds worksheets for kindergarten pdf
and you are ready to play and learn!
Initial Sound Worksheets
Use these free printable beginning sound worksheets
to practice and improve letter recognition, beginning sounds, reading comprehension, vocabulary, initial sounds, and writing. As they read and complete these worksheets, they will be working on improving their fine motor skills as well. These are all important skills that they will need later in life. These simple, yet thorough worksheets are a wonderful tool for young children to help improve their memory of the beginning sounds.
In this pack there are five different activities that will encourage children to learn and remember the beginning sounds. There is also a color poster that can be printed out and laminated for reference when learning the beginning sounds as well as the uppercase and lowercase letters of the alphabet.
Beginning sounds worksheets pdf
pdf file will open in a new window for you to save the freebie and print the template. This no-prep file will immediately be ready to use. There is one color page, which is the alphabet poster at the start of the pack. The rest of the pages are black and white.
Beginning sound pictures for kindergarten
- The first activity is to color, dot or mark the beginning sound. On the left hand side of the page is a picture of an object. Children are to work out the name of the object and then mark, color or dot the correct letter out of the three letters on the right hand side. This would be a great activity for using bingo dabbers or do-a-dot markers.
- The second activity involves drawing a line. Children will look at the picture on the left hand side of the page, say the name of this picture, work out the beginning sound and then draw a line from the picture to the correct beginning sound.
Beginning sounds worksheets for kindergarten
- The third activity uses a different fine motor skill, one that involves cutting and pasting. Children are to cut out the squares of the letters at the bottom of the page. Then they will go through the page, looking at the picture, saying the name and working out the beginning sound before pasting the correct letter under the picture.
- The fourth activity involves children writing the beginning sound. The letter is already there in a dotted form, though it would be good for children to say the name of the object and work out the beginning sound before tracing this letter.
- The fifth (and last) activity is for children to write the beginning sound on their own.
Beginning Sounds Activities
If you are looking for more initial sound activities, you will love these free printable ideas:
free beginning sounds worksheets
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!
>> Download Initial Sounds Worksheets <<