This colorful April Showers Bring May Flowers Craft is lots of fun for kids to make and play with. This april showers crafts is perfect for toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students as it only requires a paper plate, markers, and a crafts stick! Whether you make this spring craft for kids in March, April, May, or June -this paper plate flower craft is sure to be a hit with kids!
April showers bring may flowers craft
With warmer weather outside and flowers popping up, flower crafts for kids are always popular in the springtime. Kids will have fun with this pop-up flower craft that is perfect for April. Make this april showers bring may flowers craft with toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students as a fun spring craft for kids!
April showers crafts
This april showers craft is such a fun flower crafts for toddler, preschool, kindergarten, and first grade kids.
For this craft you need:
- 2 Paper Plates
- Jumbo Crafts Stick
- Clear Tape
Start by drawing a line across one of the paper plates, approximate 1/3 of the way up from the bottom of the plate.
Color the smaller portion of the plate green. This will become your grass.
Once the grass is colored, cut along the line you drew. Use scissors to make small cuts across the top portion of the grass to make fringe. Then set the grass aside.
April showers bring may flowers crafts
Draw several flowers close together on the remaining portion of your plate. Cut the flowers out and use clear tape to secure them to the top of your
jumbo craft stick.
On your second paper plate, use markers to color a rainbow along the outer edge of the plate. Be sure the rainbow stretches far enough that
when you set your grass on top, both ends of the rainbow are covered.
Paper plate flower craft
Use a blue marker to draw raindrops all over the remainder of the paper plate. Making plenty of raindrops is essential in an April Showers craft.
Place the grass on the bottom of your rainbow paper plate so it covers both ends of the rainbow. Lift the top portion of the grass up a bit
and draw a horizontal line in the middle of the area that the grass covers.
Remove the grass portion and use scissors to cut a slit along the line you drew. Make sure the slit is wide enough for your flowers.
Slide the free end of your craft stick through the slit so the flowers rest on top of the paper plate.
Paper plate flowers
Use clear tape to secure the outer portion of the grass to the other paper plate, making sure that both ends of the rainbow are covered by
the grass. Gently pull the craft stick down so that the flowers are hidden behind the grass. Push the stick back up to make May flowers appear.
Kids will have lots of fun with this April showers bring May flowers craft!
Spring Crafts for Kids
- Super cute Printable Name Flower Craft
- LOTS of fun and clever March Crafts for Kids
- Simple Windsock Craft for kids
- Bleeding Tissue Paper Rainy Day Crafts for Kids
- EASY ink pad spring crafts for toddlers
- EDIBLE, Peeps Playdough Recipe
- Fun-to-Make and lovely painted flower craft preschool
- Make your own yummy milk Rainbow Toast
- This spin art Flower Craft for kids is almost as beautiful as they are fun to make
- Simple Sunflower Crafts that are bright, cheery, and simple to make
- This flower activity for preschoolers changes things up to use flowers to create art
- Plant a Number Line to 10 Math activity for pre-k and kindergarten
- Show off these pretty flower suncatcher craft
- Printable Easter Craft for Preschoolers
- 100 Flower Crafts from A to Z
- Umbrella Handprint Craft
- Silly Grass Head Craft
- Handprint Spring flower art projects
- Rainbow Hand Art Projects for St Patricks Day
- Looking for more fun color activities for kids don’t miss these 37 Colorful Activities for Kids
- Super clever, bubble wrap rain craft
- Wow! Over 100 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Dandelion flower craft project
- Stunning, Easy Stained Glass Art for Kids
- Kids will go nuts over this painting with cars rainbow project
- Amazing Bubble Painting process art project for kids
Check out these outrageously FUN spring science experiments for kids:
- Beautiful Chromatography Flowers made with science!
- Amazing Food Coloring Flower Experiment Worksheet where you can turn a flower into two seperate colors!
- Have you tried making butter experiment
- Colorful Jelly Bean Experiment exploring difusion and color matching with a simple activity for kids
- You’ve got to try this simple Color Changing Slime
- Simply Rainbow Density Experiment for springtime
- How Big is a Raindrop – try this raindrop experiment to find out!
- Egg Drop Challenge with marshmallows!
- You’ve got to try this Lego Balloon Car
- Make a popsicle stick catapult
- Colorful Polymer Chemistry Experiment
- MUST try capillary action experiment
- Lego DIY Zipline for your backyard
- How to Make a Weather Vane the EASY way
- Pop Rocks Experiment kids will LOVE!
Looking for some fun, educational spring theme ideas to make learning fun this April and May? Check out these fun resources:
- Cute, free printable Flower Shape Craft for kids
- Flower Rhyming Words Worksheet
- Sunflower Alphabet Matching
- Flower Mazes – Free Printable Sight Word Worksheets
- Pretty Flower Name of Number Puzzles
- F is for Flower Handprint Craft
- Practice making shapes with these flower playdough mats
- Spring Flower Counting Games for Preschoolers
- Flower Letter Matching Printable
- Grow a Plant Sequencing Worksheets
- Fun Spring Flower SIght Word Game
- Spring Jelly Bean Egg One to One Correspondence Activities
- Super cute Carrot Shape Playdough Mats for Spring
- Count the Bunny Number Flashcards
- Rainbow Color Matching Game
- Practice adding numbers with this free printable Spring Addition Matching Game
- Planting Carrots CVC Words Activity
- Fruit Loop Rainbow Printables Ten Frame Math Activity
- Umbrella Color Sorting Activity with Fruit Loops
- Count to 20 Spring Playdough Mats
- Rainbow Shape Playdough Mats
- Grab these cute Spring Printables Sudoku Puzzles for kids
- Seed Find the Letter Worksheets
- Frog Alphabet Game Matching Printable
- Kite Beginning Sound Activities printable craft for spring
- Spring Do a Dot Printables
- Print and GO Spring Scavenger Hunt
- Spring Step by Step Drawings
- Practice reading with this Spring sight word cut and paste reader
- Worm Worksheets Pack
- Umbrella Letter Matching Activity
- Spring Telling Time Worksheets
- Digraphy Activity to improve reading and spelling skills with these spring puzzles
- Cute Blubird Soring Blends Activity for first and second graders.
- LOTS of fun PLANTS arts and crafts for preschool and kindergartners