Kids will have fun practicing addition while making this cute valentine’s day math craft. This valentine math craft is the perfect free printable addition activity for kindergarten and first grade students during the month of February. Add this fun to make math crafts to your list of valentines day worksheets and valentine math activities. Simply download pdf file with valentine’s day math worksheets then solve, cut and paste to make these cute cupcake math craft perfect for your Valentine’s Day theme.
Valentine’s Day Math Craft
Kids need lots of practice to have math fluency. So sneak in a little valentines day math with this fun addition math craft perfect for your valentines themes in February. This doubles as a valentines day math worksheet, a valentines day activities for kids, and a free printable math craft too. Your kindergartners, grade 1, and grade 2 students will love using this to learn and review addition while having fun.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this no prep math activity for February. Use this as extra practice, february math center in your classroom, valentines day part at school, or supplement to your homeschool math curriculum.
Valentines Day Worksheets
Valentine math craft
For each student making the project you will need to print 2 sheets – the large board and the addition tiles.
HINT: There are lots of color choices in this pack including a color-your-own option for those wanting to save on color printing.
Valentines day math craft
Next, students will want to cut out all the squares on their pieces worksheets.
Another option would be to laminate the pieces and grid sheet and have students complete the Kindergarten math activity at a math center and when they are done store it in a plastic envelope for someone else to try later.
Valentines day math
Complete instructions included on the valentine’s day math worksheets kindergarten. But basically students will start by gluing the numbered squares on top of the grid number squares. After that splash of color (and number recognition step) has been completed students will begin the Valentines Day math game part.
To complete this cupcake math worksheet students will look at the square. There will be one to four addition problems on each square. They will need to glue the square in a grid where it will correctly solve all the equations.
You can see above that all the sides of the math squares are placed where the adjacent number makes the equation correct. Students will need to make sure all one to four equations per piece are correct before affixing the piece to the grid. This is such a fun, clever and effective math practice with a valentine math worksheets.
Valentine math activities
When they are done they will discover they have made a math cupcake! Again there are various different color combinations in the free printable math worksheets below.
At this point you can have students write their name on the worksheet to take home or hang up. Personally, we like to cut out the cupcake before hanging them up – they just look prettier that way!
HINT: These would make a really cute Valentines Day Math bulletin board for February!
Valentines Day Activities for Kindergartners
- Practice counting to 20 and tracing numbers as you prepare the mail in this Valentines Day Math
- Count and Trace Valentines Day Worksheets with conversation hearts
- Cute Find the Letter Valentine’s Day Worksheets with alphabet candy in the cookie jars
- Valentine’s Day ABC Hole PunchingActivity – kids will strengthen hand muscles while working on letter recognition
- Pencil Valentine Printable – super cute free printable “looking sharp” Valentine for kids
- Valentines Day I Spy Printable – this is a fun valentiens day activity that also works on counting and visual discrimination at the same time
- Color by Hundreds Chart Valentines Day Worksheets
- Valentine sight word coloring pages – kids will have fun reading and gaining fluency with key sight words while revealing these mystery pictures
- Rhyming Valentines cut and paste printables – these heart workshets are a fun way for kids to practice identifying rhyming words
- Sneak in some fun writing practice with these Febraury Writing Prompts Calendar
- Valentines Day Math Clip Cards – practice counting numbers 11-20 with these cute, low prep clip cards
- Our kids favorite tradition! Print out these Valentines Day Printables and leave love notes for each other to read on February 14th!
- Valentiens Day Symmetry for Kids – kids will have fun learning about symmetry with these drawing prompts.
- ABC Valentines Day Worksheets – kids will have fun learning new vocabulary and practicing tracing upper and lowercase letters as they make their very own alphabet book.
- Valentines Day Color by Odd and Even Numbers Worksheets
- Color by Hundreds Chart Happy valentine’s day mouse activities
- Valentine’s Day Math Craft – students will have fun practicing addition and subtraction within 10 while making this super cute cut and paste math craft
- Valentines Day Color by Number – students will reveal hidden pictures as they color by number and work on number recognition
- Snap Cube Valentines Day Worksheets – with two levels of difficulty these cards help kids practice using logic and spatial reasoning
- Dancing Hearts Science Experiment is a fun and simple science experiment that will delight kids of all ages!
- Roses are Red Poem Rhyming Puzzles – Valentines rhymes for kids
- Valentines Alphabet Activity – students will have fun getting valentines ready to “mail” while matching upper and lowercase letters while working on phonemic awareness and beginning sounds.
- Practice spelling with this fun, engaging and FREE Printable Valentine’s Day Spelling Activity
- A-Z Valentine’s Day Worksheets is fun for kids to practice making capital letters using conversation hearts!
- Free Valentine’s day math worksheets – kindergartners will have fun practicing numbers to 100 while they reveal hidden images with these Valentines Day coloring pages
- CVC Words Valentines Day Worksheets– students will have fun practicing the sounds letters make while building CVC words with alphabet conversation hearts
- Chocolate Shape Valentine Playdough Mats – kids will have fun practicing forming shapes with these chocolate shape playdough mats.
- Lock and Key valentine matching game printable – kids will have fun working on color recognition with this fun, Valentine’s Day matching game
- Alphabet Valentines Day Worksheets – with a free printable alphabet worksheet for each letter from A to Z, help kids work on letter recognition while decorating these heart cookies
- Practice a variety of math and literacy skills with these Free Valentine’s Day Worksheets!
- Love Potion – Valentines Day Science
- Tic-Tac-Toe Printable Valentine Cards
- Conversation Heart Ooblek – FUN Valentines Day Activity for Kids
- Salt Painting Valentines Day Activity
- EASY Skittles Valentines Day Science Activities
- Happy Slime-tines – Free Printable Valentines Day Cards
- EASY Static Electricity Balloon Experiment
- Practice shapes with this hands-on Valentines Day STEM Activities
- Fizzy Heart Science Project – Valentines Day Activities for Kids
- Add some Valentines Day Science with this super cool and EASY Dancing Hearts Experiment
- Try these FUN Valentine Science Experiments for kids of all ages
- Salt crystal hearts Science Experiment perfect for February
- Plus don’t miss these fun Valentines Books to cuddle up and read this February
- Heart Fish Craft for Valentines Day – kids will have fun cutting and pasting lots of hearts to make this adorable fish craft
- Fingerprint Hearth Tree Valentines Day Craft is super cute and such a precious keepsake craft
- Bear treat cup Valentines Day Craft is cute and practical too
- Red Hot Valentines Slime is so pretty and fun to play with!
- Try this EASY Chocolate playdough recipe to make your creations look like valentines day candy!
- Beautiful Valentines Art Projects – Matisse Style heart craft for kids
- Super cute Heart Mobile Valentines Day Craft for Preschoolers
- Cactus valentine craft – this is such a fun cut and paste Valentines Day Craft for kids
- 30 February Crafts for Kids – so many fun, clever crafts to fill the whole month of February
- Don’t miss these fun February activities for kids
Valentine’s day math worksheets
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal or personal classroom use only
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission.
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!