Who is excited that Fall is almost here? Perhaps it is time to get Back to School or start school at home? Either way, make learning fun with this pumpkin numbers stamping activity. This number sense activity works on number recognition, teen numbers, number words, and more as you make a numbers pumpkin patch!
Stamping Pumpkin Numbers
Simply print the printable pumpkin cards with the numbers. TIP: You can laminate the cards before cutting to make it last longer. Gather paper, markers or pencils/crayons and your number stamps.
There are numbered pumpkins up to 20 with numbers and numerals. You might want to start with only the pumpkins 1-10 for younger kids. Older kids might need a reminder about place value- which number goes in the Tens place and which one in the Ones place.
Pumpkin Math Activity
Pick a pumpkin card and say the number. (Here children recognize the number, use their vocabulary, and practicing their pronunciation too- to say the number.) Find the stamps that will make this number. Stamp the number onto the paper. Remember your Tens and Ones spaces if picking a card between 10 and 20!
When picking a card that requires the child to read and recognize the number in word form, is another skill practiced with this fun activity.
Number Stamps Activity
Then, use your marker/pencil/crayon to draw a pumpkin around the number.
Pick all the pumpkins, stamp and draw them all to make your number pumpkin patch! Decorate your pumpkin patch further, if you wish, with hay bales, greenery and even a scarecrow!
Number Sense Activity
Extention Activity: After completion of the pumpkin patch, keep the paper and reuse it! Pick a pumpkin number card and place a pompom or mini pumpkin eraser on the corresponding stamped pumpkin in your pumpkin patch! Or even use it with playdough! Roll playdough pumpkins and cover the number picked!
Such a fun way to revise numbers and numerals with this pumpkin numbers stamping activity. Perfect learning during Fall and great for developing all kinds of skills too!
Fall Activities for Preschool
Looking for more fun, fall printables to make leaning fun for prek kids? Take a peak at these:
- Pumpkin Shape Games for Preschoolers
- Fall Bingo Dauber Printables
- Pumpkin Pie Counting Activity
- Fall Sticker Worksheets
- Tracing Numbers Worksheets for Fall
- Fall Shapes for Preschoolers Printable Reader
- Autumn Color by Letter Kindergarten
- Fall Playdough Cards
- Free Printable Sight Word Games for Fall
- Fall Color by Number Worksheets
- Printable Fall Counting Worksheets
- Pumpkin Traceable Alphabet
- Fall Counting Pumpkins Reader
- Printable Hat Fall Crafts for Preschoolers
- Fall Number Mats
- Nature Scavenger Hunt Printables
- Apple Worksheets Preschool
- Fall Sequencing Activities
- Free Alphabet Flip Book Printable – apple theme
- Fall Number Game for Preschoolers
- Fall Worksheets for Preschool – HUGE pack!
- Cereal Fall Tree Craft
- Printable Leaves Fall Wreath Craft
- Leaf Printing with Markers – fun Fall Crafts for Preschool
Download Pumpkin Number Sense
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!