Who doesn’t love a yummy donut themed activity? These donut Counting Playdough Mats are a fun, hands-on math activity perfect addition for a Donut theme, math center, extra practice, or to go with one of the 2 National Donut Days (yep there are two donut days!) One is the first Friday in June and then next one happens November 5th. These donut printables are a fun way to practice counting and learning nubmers words with free playdough mats. Use these with toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students.
Counting Playdough Mats
Preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, and toddlers will love these donut themed Counting Playdough Mats for working on number 1-12, number words, and counting to 12! These playdough mats are an easy way to introduce or practice one-to-one correspondence and counting strategies to your kindergarten students? They will identify the numeral shown on each card and then roll some sprinkles with play dough to show the number on each card. These play dough cards can easily be differentiated, use the numbers you need to suit your group of students.
Print as many cards as you need for the number of students in your class – I like to have a set of cards for each group of 4 or 5 kids. This way, they can work on the set comfortably. Print and laminate the cards along or print them on card stock for durability. Cut and place these at a math center along with some play dough ready for play.
Use these cards to help kids develop counting and one-to-one correspondence skills. The best way to teach numbers to 5 year olds is to give them practical examples of developing these skills. Show the students the numeral on each ‘card’ or have them identify it by counting on their fingers then show them that sprinkles with play dough as you place them on top of each donut on each card. Be sure to watch the kids as they see you do this. There is plenty of room for differentiation with this activity, so you could definitely use it with preschool as well as kindergarten kids. You could use this with counters or mini erasers they will work really well! I like to vary the activity with the kids, you will also find that there are number words included to help familiarise the kids with these. You can get the kids to match the number words to the numerals too!
Free Playdough Mats
Looking for more super cute, FREE Playdough Mats to make learning fun with young kids? You will love these printables perfect for practicing early math while strengthening little hands:
- Alphabet Playdough Ideas from A to Z
- 4th of July Grilling Playdough Mats
- Alphabet Playdough Mats
- Human Body Playdough Mats
- Pets Playdough Mats
- Watermelon Seed Counting Playdough Mats
- Flower Shape Playdough Mats
- Transportation Playdough Mats
- Uppercase Alphabet Mats with animals from A to Z
Plus don’t miss our favorite Playdough Recipes!!
- Edible Ice Cream Playdough Recipe
- Amazing Kool Aid Playdough
- Easy 2 ingredient Playdough Recipe
- Candy Corn Playdough Recipe
- Peeps playdough Recipe
Looking for more fun math activities for preschoolers? Check out these fun ideas!
- Shape Scavenger Hunt using our shape flaschards to look for shapes with this fun shape game
- Cute Sandcastle tracing numbers 1-10 – practice counting and tracing numbers-1-20 with this super cute summer themed math activity
- Count to 10 Spider Counting Playdough Maths – kids will have fun practicing counting to 10 with these super cute playdough mats
- Do a dot printables numbers using bingo dauber markers are a fun way for kids to practice counting
- Dinosaur Roll & Cover number recognition games
- Super cute and CLEVER Fingerprint Counting Printables
- FUN Pirate Number Sense Activities
- Strawberry preschool counting activities – this art and math activity is perfect for summer learning
- Watermelon Counting Playdough Mats – kids will have fun using playdough to practice counting
- Goldfish counting printable – this clever activity allows kids to use goldfish to practice counting and one to one correspondence
- Lego Numbers Counting Activity for Preschoolers use duplo blocks to practice counting and include a space for tracing numbers 1-10
- Silly Worm counting activity for preschoolers with stickers
- Zoo Animals Color by Number Worksheets – these math worksheets allow kids to work on number recognition while revealing hidden pictures
- Printable Donut Counting Activity for Preschoolers and Kindergartners
- Number Mazes – fun Number Activity for Preschoolers learning numbers 1-5
Download Donut Playdough Mats
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!