Kids of all ages will have fun learning their letters, strengthening their hand muscles, and exploring their creativity and they play and learn with these Playdough Activities. We have over 100 really fun play doh ideas for toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade kids. In fact we have ideas for every alphabet letter from A to Z!
Make a special batch of playdough for your letter of the week activities, or set up a playdough activity for each letter of the alphabet A-Z. You can have a years worth of educational playdough activities for your toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students! Make a apple scented playdough, set up a bee play dough activity, or try a cat play dough mat. There are enough playdough ideas on this to keep you playing right through the alphabet.
Each letter of the alphabet has a playdough recipe, activity, or printable (or two, or three, or more!) to go with it. No matter what letter your kids are learning there is a fun playdough idea to go with it.
We’ve shared lots of alphabet worksheets, alphabet games, free alphabet printables, alphabet crafts, and alphabet activities over the years. But today I wanted to share away for you to use playdough as an alphabet activity to fun and have fun with every letter from A to Z!
A is for apple, and ants.
- Apple Pie Playdough from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
- Apple Orchard Playdough Mats from Living Well Mom.
- Playdough Invitation With Ants from Stir The Wonder.
B is for blueberries, bats, and butterfly.
- Blueberry Playdough from The Craft Train.
- Bat Playdough Recipe and Activity from Messy Little Monster.
- Bubble Gum Playdough
- Butterfly World Playdough Playdough Kit from Mama Papa Bubba.
- Birthday Cake Playdough Mats from Preschool Play and Learn
- Roll a Butterfly Playdough Mat from Teach me Mom.
C is for cherries, cake, cookies, cinnamon and caterpillar.
- Cherry Lemonade Playdough Recipe from Glued to My Crafts.
- Carrot SHAPE Playdough Mats from Preschool Play and Learn
- Cake Mix Playdough from Messy Little Monster.
- Christmas Playdough mats
- Cookie Dough Playdough from Natural Beach Living.
- Chocolate Playdough Recipe
- Cinnamon Cookie Playdough from The Craft Train.
- Colour Matching Caterpillar Playdough from Fantastic Fun and Learning.
- Candy Corn Playdough (it’s edible!)
D is for dandelion, donut, dinosaur, and duck
- Naturally Dyed Dandelion Playdough from Parenting Chaos.
- Soft Squishy Donut Themed Playdough from The Art Kit
- Dinosaur Egg Playdough Factory from Frugal Fun for Boys and Girls
- Duck Pond Playdough fromFantastic Fun and Learning.
Playdough for Toddlers
E is for egg, and eucalyptus.
- Roll an Easter Egg Playdough Mat from Teach Me Mommy.
- Calming Natural Eucalyptus Playdough from The Imagination Tree.
F is for flowers, fairies, and farm.
- Flower Playdough Mat from Teach Me Mommy.
- Fairy Playdough Recipe from Laughing Kids Learn.
- Farm Playdough Activity from Fun learning For Kids.
- Playdough Fairy Gardens from Mama Papa Bubba.
- Flower SHAPE Playdough Cards from Preschool Play and Learn
G is for gingerbread, Grinch, galaxy and giraffe.
- Gingerbread Playdough from Buggy and Buddy.
- Christmas Grinch Playdough from Messy Little Monster.
- Grill Playdough Mats from Kindergaten Worksheets and Games
- Galaxy Playdough from Kids Activities
- Feed the Giraffe Playdough Mats from Pre Kinders.
H is for honey, and hedgehog.
Play Doh Ideas
I for insects, and ice cream.
- Insect Play Dough Activity from Pre K Pages.
- Instrument Playdough Mats from Preschool Play and Learn
- Edble Icecream Playdough from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
J is for jungle, jelly beans, and jello.
- Jungle Playdough from Picklebums.
- Edible Jelly Bean Playdough from Lemon Lime.Adventures.
- Jello Playdough Recipe from Modern Parents Messy Kids.
K is for kite, and kool-aid
- K is for Kite Playdough Mat from Learn Create Love.
- Amazing Kool-aid Playdough Recipe from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
L is for lemon, lavender, ladybug, and leaves.
- Lemon Scented Playdough from Laughing Kids Learn.
- Calming Lavender Playdough from Play Based Parenting.
- Ladybug Playdough Activity from The Art Kit.
- Playdough Learning Tray with Leaves from Learn Play Imagine.
Playdough Activities for Preschoolers
M is for minions, monsters, and mud.
- Marvelous Minions Playdough Mat from Lemon Lime Adventures.
- Monster Playdough Mats from Picklebums.
- Mud-like Playdough from Kids Activities.
N is for nest, night sky, and nature.
- Birds Nest Playdough from Fantastic Fun and Learning.
- Night Sky Playdough from News with Naylors.
- Number Playdough PLAYmats
- Nature’s Stampers, Impressions in Playdough from Danya Banya.
O is for ocean, owl, and octopus
- Rocky Shore Small World with Ocean Playdough from Buggy and Buddy.
- Owl Counting Playdough Mats From Preschool Powol Packets.
- Ocean Playdough Octopus Counting Mat from Royal Baloo.
P is for penguin, pumpkin, pizza, and peach.
- Roll a Penguin Playdough Mat from Teach Me Mommy.
- Pumpkin Playdough Invitation to Play from Glued to My Crafts.
- Peeps Playdough (it’s edible!)
- Pumpkin Pie Play Dough from Simple in the Country.
- Peppermint Playdough
- Playdough Pizza Parlour from NurtureStore.
- Pet Playdough mats from Preschool Play and Learn
- Peach Scented Playdough From Laughing Kids Learn.
Play Doh for Kids
Q is for queen.
- Queen of Hearts Playdough Mats from PreKinders.
R is for reindeer, rose, rainbow and robot.
- Reindeer Playdough from Kids’ Craft Room.
- Rose Playdough Recipe from Childhood101.
- DIY Rainbow Playdough from Easy Peasy and Fun.
- Build a Robot Play Dough Kit from U Ready Teddy?
S is for snowman, strawberry, space, spider, and slime.
- Snowman Playdough from Glued to My Crafts.
- Seashell Color Playdough mats from Preschool Play and Learn
- Amazing No Cook Strawberry Playdough Recipe from Natural Beach Living.
- Shape Playdough mats
- Space Playdough from No Time for Flashcards.
- Spider Playdough Activity Tray from The Imagination Tree
- Easy Play Doh Slime Recipe from DIY Candy.
T is for tree, tools, and turkey.
- Spring Tree Playdough Invitation from Fantastic Fun and Learning.
- Tools Playdough Mats from Preschool Play and Learn.
- Easy Turkey Playdough Activity from Early Learning Ideas.
U is for unicorn and ugly sweaters.
- Unicorn Rainbow Playdough from Fantastic Fun and Learning.
- Ugly Christmas Sweater Playdough from Fireflies and Mudpies.
V is for veggie garden, and Valentines Day.
W is for watermelon, worm, and winter.
- Homemade Watermelon Playdough from Parenting Chaos.
- Worm Playdough from Fantastic Fun and Learning.
- Winter Playdough Invitation to Play from My Bored Toddler
- Watermelon Seed Playdough Playmats from Preschool Play and Learn
X is for xray.
Y is for yarn, and yellow.
Z is for zoo and zebra.
If you love play dough then you’ll love this list of alphabet playdough ideas. There is a playdough recipe, activity or idea for every letter of the alphabet!
Looking for more fun alphabet activities? Try these:
- Alphabet Playdough PLAYmats – each page has a scene to complete and the letter to make out of playdough
- Uppercase Animal Playdough Cards – each card features a different letter with an animal whose name starts with that letter
- Alphabet Playdough Cards – each card features a letters to make and several pictures that start with that alphabet letter
- Fish Letter Find Worksheets – kids will have fun coloring the fish that are in the correct bowl
- Summer Handwriting Worksheets – trace letters from A to Z as you create your own alphabet book for summer!
- Alphabet Paper Plate Crafts from A to Z – so many fun, clever crafts for kids to make while learning their letters
- Over 1000 pages of FREE Alphabet Printables so kids can have fun learning their letters while having FUN