Baby chicks are one of my favorite animals. They are so tiny and make the cutest little squeaks. This super cute toilet roll chicks is a fun spring crafts for preschoolers, toddlers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students using simple supplies you probably already have on hand. This cute chick craft is a fun way to celebrate Easter and Spring with kids.
Toilet roll chicks
Just like a few of our other tp roll crafts, this toilet paper roll craft is super simple and is fun that it can be 3D like. The toilet paper roll makes that possible. This toilet roll chick is a fun project to make as an easter craft for kids from toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students. This fluffy yellow chick craft is easy to make and makes a fun decoration for spring!
Easter chick toilet roll
For this chick toilet paper roll craft, you’ll need just a few things:
- Yellow & Orange Construction Paper
- Yellow Pom Poms
- Toilet Paper Roll
To make this toilet paper roll chicks, start by cutting the TP Roll in half. This is great if you have more than one child, or if you want to make more than one chick.
Wrap the TP Roll in the yellow construction paper and glue it on. I like to make sure it lines up straight, so there isn’t any paper hanging off the edge of the roll, but this is just my preference.
Easter chick craft
Once that is glued in place, grab the orange and cut a square out. Fold the square in half and cut a triangle, with the bottom of the triangle being the fold. This way when it’s cut out, it forms the shape of a beak. Now you can glue this on.
With the marker, add dots for eyes.
Chick craft ideas
Next is the wings. We used yellow pom poms. We have the sparkly kind, but again, this is not necessary.
Glue the pom poms onto the side of the roll.
You could cut out more orange paper to be the feet, but my daughter didn’t want to.
Spring crafts for preschoolers
Now you are all done and you have an adorable little chick. How simple is that toilet paper roll chicken craft?
This toilet roll easter chick is perfect to display on a mantle or shelf for spring and Easter. It’s such a fun and bubbly season, why not decorate your home that way too.
Another brilliant idea is that these can be used as napkin rings on Easter. HOW FUN?? Kids will love seeing their own creations on the table for the special holiday! They would be beaming!
Spring Crafts for Kids
- Super cute Printable Name Flower Craft
- LOTS of fun and clever March Crafts for Kids
- Simple Windsock Craft for kids
- Bleeding Tissue Paper Rainy Day Crafts for Kids
- EASY ink pad spring crafts for toddlers
- EDIBLE, Peeps Playdough Recipe
- Fun-to-Make and lovely painted flower craft preschool
- Make your own yummy milk Rainbow Toast
- This spin art Flower Craft for kids is almost as beautiful as they are fun to make
- Simple Sunflower Crafts that are bright, cheery, and simple to make
- This flower activity for preschoolers changes things up to use flowers to create art
- Plant a Number Line to 10 Math activity for pre-k and kindergarten
- Show off these pretty flower suncatcher craft
- Printable Easter Craft for Preschoolers
- 100 Flower Crafts from A to Z
- Umbrella Handprint Craft
- Silly Grass Head Craft
- Handprint Spring flower art projects
- Rainbow Hand Art Projects for St Patricks Day
- Looking for more fun color activities for kids don’t miss these 37 Colorful Activities for Kids
- Super clever, bubble wrap rain craft
- Wow! Over 100 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Dandelion flower craft project
- Stunning, Easy Stained Glass Art for Kids
- Kids will go nuts over this painting with cars rainbow project
- Amazing Bubble Painting process art project for kids
Check out these outrageously FUN spring science experiments for kids:
- Beautiful Chromatography Flowers made with science!
- Amazing Food Coloring Flower Experiment Worksheet where you can turn a flower into two seperate colors!
- Have you tried making butter experiment
- Colorful Jelly Bean Experiment exploring difusion and color matching with a simple activity for kids
- You’ve got to try this simple Color Changing Slime
- Simply Rainbow Density Experiment for springtime
- How Big is a Raindrop – try this raindrop experiment to find out!
- Egg Drop Challenge with marshmallows!
- You’ve got to try this Lego Balloon Car
- Make a popsicle stick catapult
- Colorful Polymer Chemistry Experiment
- MUST try capillary action experiment
- Lego DIY Zipline for your backyard
- How to Make a Weather Vane the EASY way
- Pop Rocks Experiment kids will LOVE!
Looking for some fun, educational spring theme ideas to make learning fun this April and May? Check out these fun resources:
- Cute, free printable Flower Shape Craft for kids
- Flower Rhyming Words Worksheet
- Sunflower Alphabet Matching
- Flower Mazes – Free Printable Sight Word Worksheets
- Pretty Flower Name of Number Puzzles
- F is for Flower Handprint Craft
- Practice making shapes with these flower playdough mats
- Spring Flower Counting Games for Preschoolers
- Flower Letter Matching Printable
- Grow a Plant Sequencing Worksheets
- Fun Spring Flower SIght Word Game
- Spring Jelly Bean Egg One to One Correspondence Activities
- Super cute Carrot Shape Playdough Mats for Spring
- Count the Bunny Number Flashcards
- Rainbow Color Matching Game
- Practice adding numbers with this free printable Spring Addition Matching Game
- Planting Carrots CVC Words Activity
- Fruit Loop Rainbow Printables Ten Frame Math Activity
- Umbrella Color Sorting Activity with Fruit Loops
- Count to 20 Spring Playdough Mats
- Rainbow Shape Playdough Mats
- Grab these cute Spring Printables Sudoku Puzzles for kids
- Seed Find the Letter Worksheets
- Frog Alphabet Game Matching Printable
- Kite Beginning Sound Activities printable craft for spring
- Spring Do a Dot Printables
- Print and GO Spring Scavenger Hunt
- Spring Step by Step Drawings
- Practice reading with this Spring sight word cut and paste reader
- Worm Worksheets Pack
- Umbrella Letter Matching Activity
- Spring Telling Time Worksheets
- Digraphy Activity to improve reading and spelling skills with these spring puzzles
- Cute Blubird Soring Blends Activity for first and second graders.
- LOTS of fun PLANTS arts and crafts for preschool and kindergartners