You will love this this super cute paper plate turkey craft is such an easy thanskgiving crafts for kindergarten, preschool, pre-k, toddler, and first graders! With just a few simple supplies you can make this striking november craft ideas. Use this cute thanksgiving crafts at home or in the classroom.
Paper Plate Turkey Craft
This adorable paper plate turkey is quick and easy to make, but with such striking results. The layered tissue paper gives the turkey feathers a really beautiful look and interest. Plus this turkey crafts for kindergarten is perfect for kids of all ages from toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, and grade 2 students. Try this turkey craft ideas with your upcoming turkey theme or thanksgiving theme or even an animal craft for kids too. This thanksgiving art project is such a cool craft for kids!
Paper Plate Turkey
All you need to try this super cute turkey craft for kids are a few simple materials you probabaly already have on hand at home:
- 2-4 white paper plates
- washable brown paint
- paint brush
- tissue paper (orange, red, yellow)
- construction paper (brown, orange, red)
- google eyes
Easy thanksgiving crafts for kindergarten
Start by painting one of your paper plate brown.
Thanksgiving crafts for kindergarten
Allow your brown plate to dry completely.
Turkey crafts for kindergarten
Meanwhile cut your tissue paper into squares.
Glue the tissue paper squares onto a 2nd (and possibly 3rd) white paper plate. Make sure the tissue paper overlaps to create cool color variations.
Paper Plate Thanksgiving Crafts
Allow the glue to dry completely. Isn’t the plate so pretty!!
Turkey craft ideas
Cut the tissuepaper covered plate(s) into feather shapes.
Thanksgiving craft ideas
Now it’s time to complete the turkey body. Cut a circle out of brown construction paper that is about 1/3 the size of your paper plate. Affix onto brown-painted paper plate so it overlaps some. Now add googly eyes, orange construction paper beak, and red wattle to the smaller circle to make the turkey face.
November craft ideas
Attache 7-15 turkey feathers to the back of your brown paper plate depending on how much turkey plumage you like.
Thanksgiving art projects for kindergarten
Isn’t he so cute?! I just love the bright, dramatic colors of his feathers!
Easy turkey crafts
The feathers are the perfect fall colors and their are so many color variations because of the overlap. This is the perfect november craft for kids to make their own turkey craft for Thanksgiving!
Cute thanksgiving crafts
And as always, feel free to alter the colors or whatever else moves you to make a unique, one-of-a-kind turkey craft!
- Turkey Slime Activities for Preschoolers
- Corn-Painted Name Turkey Craft for Kindergarten
- Paint Swatch Toilet Paper Roll Turkey Craft for Thanksgiving
- Coffee Filter Turkey Crafts for Preschoolers
- Paper Plate Turkey Craft for Preschoolers in November
- EASY Turkey Toilet Paper Roll Craft
- Paper Plate Turkey Craft with Lovely Feathers
- EASY Marble-Painted Turkey Craft Ideas for Kids
- EASY Bubble Wrap Turkey Craft for Kids
- CUTE Thanksgiving Construction Paper Turkey Craft
- FREE Printable “I am Thankful” Turkey Paper Craft
- Simple Construction Paper Turkey Craft for November
Thanksgiving Crafts for Preschoolers
- These adorable Turkey Hat Template are fun to make and wear in November
- Make these adorable Turkey Cup Holders to decorate your Thanksgiving table!
- Painted Pine Cone Turkey Craft
- Simple-to-Make Torn Paper Turkey Craft for Preschoolers
- Easy Platic Cup Turkey Craft
- Feathered Paper Plate Turkey Craft
- Thanksful Turkey Hand Art
- Pumpkin Seed Turkey Crafts for Preschool
- Packing Peanut Turkey Craft
- 35 Clever Turkey Craft Ideas
- EASY Pasta Turkey Craft
- Edible Turkey Craft for Kids
- Melting Turkey Thanskgiving Science Experiment for November
- Grow Your Own Crystal Turkey Science Project for November
- Turkey Magic Milk Novemer Science Experiment
- Turkey Life Cycle Worksheets
- Skittle Turkey Science Activities for November
- Balloon Races Turkey Game – FUN November Activities for Kids
- Dancing Corn Fall Thanskgiving Science Experiment for November
- Growing Feather Turkey Sciene Experiment for November
- Like the Pilgrims did – Making Butter Science Experient with Free Worksheet
- You will love these no prep Free,Thanksgiving Worksheets for Preschoolers
- Free Thankgiving BINGO game is sure to be a hit with the entire family!
- Kids will have fun recreating the First Thanksgiving with ourfree Printable Thanksgiving Play with costume suggestions
- Practice a variety of math and literacy skills with these FREE Thanksgiving Worksheets for kids
- Kids will have fun strengthening mortor skills while recreating their favorite food with these Thanksgiving Playdough Mats
- Work on color recognition with these printable Turkey Feathers activity or these Turkey Coloring Pages
- Don’t miss our free printable Thanksgiving Pictionary for Families! It is sure to be a hit with the whole family!
- Feed the Turkey Game
- Thanksgiving Grattitude Challenge
- Add some laughter to your Thanksgiving table with these free printable Thanksgiving napkin holders with jokes
Thanksgiving Alphabet / Phonics
- Listen for beginning sounds as you complete these adorable, Free Printable Build-a Turkey Activities
- Pumpkin Pie Phonics is a fun Thanksgiving Activities for Kidnergarten to practice identifying the sounds letters make
- Help kids work on letter recognition with these Thanksgiving Color by Letter where they will reveal fun hidden pictures!
- Practice tracing upper and lower case letters while working on beginning sounds with these Pumpkin Activities.
- ABC Turkey File Folder Game
- Kids will have fun working on letter recognition with these Letter Find Free Pumpkin Printables
- This fun-to-color Thanksgiving story for kindergarten pdf will help kids learn about the First Thanksgiving.
- Kids will have fun practicing sight words with these super cute, NO PREP, Thanksgiving Color by Sight Word
- Sight Word Pumpkin Activities for Kindergarten is a fun way for kids to practice reading Looking for another fun word family activity?
- Working on Word Families with Turkey Word Family Sort Thanksgiving Activities for Kindergarten or our Pumpkin Pie Word Family Puzzles
- Kids will have fun practicing spelling with this Free Thanksgiving Create-a-Word Activity
- Keep kids practicing writing skills with these no prep,Thanksgiving Creative Writing Prompts
- Super cute Turkey Sight Word Mats
- Free Thanksgiving Writing Prompts or this Thanksgiving Writing Prompt
- Create-a-Word Thanksgiving Spelling Activity
- Kids will have fun working on subtraction with these free Turkey Subtraction Worksheets
- This adorable Turkey Math Craft is a fun hands-on thanksgiving math activities for preschoolers
- Work on more advanced math with these Free Multiplication Pumpkin Puzzles
- Kids will love this cute feathers counting Turkey Activty for Preschoolers
- Adorable Turkey Color Matching Craft (printable)
- Who says younger kids have to get all the hands on learning fun? These Free Order of Operation Pumpkin Puzzles are perfect for older elementary age students!
- These Spin and Cover Turkey Activities are a fun way to sneak in some math in November
- Practice Counting by 10s with this cute Turkey Skip Counting Activity
- Or work on addition with these fun, Color by Addition Thanksgiving Worksheets
- Kids will have fun working on Number Sense with these adorable Pumpkin Math puzzles
- Work on number recognitoin with these Thanksgiving Color by Number Worksheets
- Kids will have fun practicing counting with this Thanksgiving Math Pumpkin Pie Count & Trace Activity
- Make a Pumpkin Pie Craft to practice counting
- Pumpkin Pie Count & Trace Thanskgiving math activity is a great way to practice counting and writing numbers too
- Kids will have fun using marshmallows or cotton balls in this 1:1 Pumpkin Pie Correspondence Thanksgiving Math activity
- Pumpkin Number Bonds to 10 Worksheets are a fun, NO PREP way to practice math in October
- Free Printable Thanksgiving Counting Puzzles
- Thanksgiving I Spy Printable Worksheet
- Work on counting to 100 with these FREE Thanksgiving Worksheets
- These cut-and-paste worksheets are a Thanksgiving Math Worksheets
- Help kids work on number sense with these adorable Pumpkin Pie Number Sense Puzzles
- This Pumpkin Patch Addition Game is a fun way to practice addition in October (color or black & white)
- Kids can solve the math problems in this Pumpkin Math Activity over and over again to achieve fluency!
- My kids love activities that involve food! Thesecandy corn Turkey Counting and tracing number mats are loads of fun!
- Turkey Colour Matching Game with dot markers