Help kids learn about the Pilgrims, Native Americans, and more with this FREE the first thanksgiving book printable. This thanksgiving emergent reader is a fun way for toddler, preschool, pre k, kindergarten, first grade, and 2nd grade students to be able to read, color and learn about this American holiday in November.
The First Thanksgiving Book Printable
Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays! I love the time of year with the chill in the air and crunch leaves underfoot, preparing a feast for dinner including turkey and pumpkin pie, plus I love getting together with extended family! But I think sometimes we forget to talk to our kids about what is Thanksgiving and why do we celebrate this holiday in the United States? So help children go back in time to 1620 when the pilgrim landed on Plymouth rock, how they met Squanto and the other Native Americans and learn with this free printable – The First Thanksgiving Book Printable. These Thanksgiving coloring pages are perfect for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, and grade 2 students.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this handy thanksgiving reader. This is great for a thanksgiving theme or unit, literacy center in your classroom, special activity, or supplement to your history curriculum.
Thanksgiving Emergent Reader
Thanksgiving story for preschoolers
Start by printing the black and white pages in the pack. The pages are in blackline to save you on printer ink costs and allow your students to color the thanksgiving book. Now cut each page in half. Stack up the pages of the reader in order with the cover on the top and staple the left side of the books to make your own thanksgiving reader book.
Thanksgiving first grade printable
Children will use crayons, markers, or colored pencils to decorate their book. As they colour their thanksgiving printable talk to them about what they see. Do we dress like that now? Do their homes look any different from ours? what kind of jobs do you think the Pilgrims had?
The First thanksgiving worksheets
Students will color in the pages as they get a glimpse of what the first Thanksgiving Day was like back in the autumn of 1621. Finally, have students read the book aloud to learn about the first thanksgiving for kids!
Thanksgiving Books for Kids
- Thanksgiving Worksheets for Preschoolers
- Printable Thanksgiving Writing Activities
- Thanksgiving Color by Letter
- Free Thanksgiving Theme
- Turkey Word Family Sort
- Thanksgiving Sight Word Coloring
- Arthur’s thanksgiving activities
- HUGE Pack of Thanksgiving Worksheets
- Thanksgiving Alphabet
- Life Cycle of a Turkey Printable Worksheets
- First Thanksgiving Reader – Thanksgiving First Grade Printable
- Thanksgiving Counting by 10s
- Candy Corn Printable – Count and Trace the Turkeys
- Thanksgiving Color by Number Addition
- Hands-on Turkey Math Count to 10
- Turkey Spin – Thanksgiving Shapes Printables
- Subtraction Thanksgiving Math Worksheets
- Thanksgiving Color by Number
- Cut and Paste Thanksgiving Worksheets
- Free Thanksgiving Math Worksheets & Games
- Thanksgiving Color by Hundreds Chart
- Addition Pumpkin Patch Game
- Edible Turkey Craft
- Thanksgiving Hat Printable
- Turkey Craft with cup and feathers
- Paper Plate Turkey Craft
- Turkey Colour matching
- Cute Turkey Craft with cup and feathers
- Super cute Turkey Crafts for Kids
- Thanksgiving pre-Writing Worksheets
- Turkey Crafts with Pumpkin Seeds
- Printable Turkey Colors Printable Sorting Activity
- Thanksgiving Playdough Cards
- Turkey Packing Peanut crafts
- Free Printable Thanksgiving Skits
- Thanksgiving BINGO
- Easy Paper Turkey Craft
- FREE Thanksgiving Pictionary for Families
Download Thanksgiving Reader for Kids
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!