Whether you are looking for a cute spring craft for kids, an Easter craft, or are learning about the letter r in your letter of the week curriculum – this super cute rabbit handprint project is sure to be a hit! This letter r handprint craft is a fun handart projects for toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students. And after your child has finished making their handprint rabbit, you can sneak in some fun practice tracing upper and lowercase letter r. Simply print pdf file with letter r worksheets and you are ready to make your r is for rabbit handprint craft.
This umbrella handprint uses some paint and simple supplies to make a r is for rabbit craft. It’s always a lot of fun to for the kids to see how their hand print can turn into something else. For this letter r handprint craft activity, you can use paint in any color to make a handprint for the main part of the rabbit. After your toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students have made their rabbit art project, make sure they practice tracing letter u with this letter t worksheets for kindergarten.
Letter r worksheets
R is for rabbit
This R is for Rabbit craft uses some paint and simple supplies to make a rabbit handprint. It’s always a lot of fun to for the kids to see how their hand print can turn into something else. For this craft, you can make any color handprint for the rabbit’s head, using another color like pink for the inner ears and nose. After the paint dries we use a marker or crayon to make the eyes and mouth. It’s a simple and hands-on way to learn about the letter R!
Letter r preschool crafts
- Letter “R” is for Rabbit printable
- A paint color of your choice for the rabbit’s head (we used brown)
- Pink paint for the nose
- black marker or crayon
- paint brush
- wipes to clean hands
First, print the printable to go along with this craft. We like to practice the letter on the first page before making our R is for Rabbit handprint, and we do the Free Letter R Worksheets while the rabbit handprint is drying.
Start by painting the palm and fingers brown (or another color for your rabbit’s head). Don’t put any paint on the thumb.
letter r games for kindergarteners
Now it’s time to make the handprint! Make the print in the center of the paper with the pointer and middle finger together, and the ring finger and pinky together, leaving a gap between the middle finger and ring finger. Younger children may need help with this. Let the rabbit handprint dry completely before moving on.
letter r games
After the handprint is dry, it’s time to make the face. Use pink paint to make a triangle nose. Then, with the same pink paint to paint the inside of the ears pink as well. Finally, use a black marker or crayon to draw eyes and a mouth. Now your queen handprint is complete!
letter r games for preschoolers
While your rabbit is drying, complete the second page of the “R” is for Rabbit worksheet for more letter “R” practice!
Alphabet Handprint Crafts
- U is for Umbrella
- V is for Volcano
- Letter T Art
- G is for Grapes
- X is for Xray
- Z is for Zebra
- Y is for Yak
- Letter R Handprint Craft
Looking for more fun craft projects? Try these:
- Lots of Toilet Paper Roll Crafts
- Super cute, free printable farm animal puppets
- Hundreds Paper Plate Crafts for Kids from A to Z
- Make one of these flower crafts
- These precious keepsake handprint alphabet craftshelp your child to learn the alphabet at the same time!
- Grab your craft sticks, you are going to want to make all of these cool popsicle stick crafts
- Make practicing math fun by making one of these FUN and FREE Math Crafts
- Brr! It may be cold outside, but stay warm in a winter wonderland with these snowflake crafts
- Get ready for the first day of school with these Back to School Crafts
- WE have tons of monthy kindergarten crafts
- Plus don’t miss these super cute and FREE abc crafts for lowercase letters
FREE Alphabet Printables
Looking for more abc printables for kids? You have tons of free alphabet printables
- Fun Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Find the Letter Worksheets
- Disney Alphabet Coloring Pages
- free alphabet printables for toddlers
- Alphabet Book Printable – a book for each letter of the alphabet from A to Z
- Free Printable Alphabet Worksheets
- Alphabet Mazes to practice ABCs
- Cut and Paste Alphabet Worksheets
- Super Cute Printable Alphabet Hats
- Alphabet Playdough Mats
- Super cute Alphabet Coloring Pages (posters)
- free printable alphabet worksheets
- Alphabet worksheets
- Super cute, printable alphabet crafts
- Uppercase Alphabet Letter Crafts
- Simple Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Fun Letter Recognition Worksheets for Kids
- Animal Themed Uppercase Letter Tracing Cards
- Looking for more free printables? We have lots of pre k worksheets, kindergarten worksheets 1st grade worksheets, and over 1 million pages of FREE worksheets for kids.
letter r worksheet
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!