Whether you are looking for a cute spring craft for kids, are celebrating a rainy day craft or learning about the letter u in your letter of the week curriculum – this super cute umbrella handprint project is sure to be a hit! This letter u handprint craft is a fun handart projects for toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students. And after your child has finished making their handprint umbrella, you can sneak in some fun practice tracing upper and lowercase letter u. Simply download pdf file with letter u worksheets and you are ready to make your u is for umbrella craft.
Letter U Handprint Craft
This umbrella handprint uses some paint and simple supplies to make a u is for umbrella craft. It’s always a lot of fun to for the kids to see how their hand print can turn into something else. For this letter u umbrella craft activity, you can use paint in any color to make a handprint for the main part of the umbrella. Next, we make the umbrella handle using a paintbrush, and then finish by making fingerprint raindrops. After your toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students have made their umbrella art project, make sure they practice tracing letter u with this letter u worksheets for kindergarten.
u for umbrella worksheet
All you need to make this craft are a few simple materials you probably already have on hand!
- Letter “U” is for Umbrella printable
- Colored paint (any color of your choice for the umbrella)
- black or brown paint
- paint brush
- wipes to clean hands
First, print the printable to go along with this craft. We like to use the practice the letter on the first page before making our handprint, and we do the next page while the tree handprint is drying.
Start by painting the palm and fingers with paint in a color of your choice. This will be the umbrella’s body. It’s fun to use a bright color.
U is for umbrella
Now it’s time to make the handprint! Make a handprint near the top center of the page, with fingers pointing downwards. This will be the main part of the umbrella.
letter u preschool crafts
Use a paintbrush and brown or black paint to paint a “J” shape for the handle of the umbrella. Start around the middle of the handprint, going down towards the bottom of the page.
U for umbrella
Now it’s time to make the raindrops. Dip a finger into blue paint and the start making dots for raindrops all around the page. Now you have your super cute U is for Umbrella handprint alphabet craft.
letter u worksheets
Let dry and then your umbrella handprint is complete! While your umbrella is drying, complete the Letter U worksheet for handwriting practice!
Alphabet Handprint Crafts
- U is for Umbrella
- V is for Volcano
- Letter T Art
- G is for Grapes
- X is for Xray
- Z is for Zebra
- Y is for Yak
- Rabbit Letter R Handprint Craft
Looking for more fun craft projects? Try these:
- Lots of Toilet Paper Roll Crafts
- Super cute, free printable farm animal puppets
- Hundreds Paper Plate Crafts for Kids from A to Z
- Make one of these flower crafts
- These precious keepsake handprint alphabet craftshelp your child to learn the alphabet at the same time!
- Grab your craft sticks, you are going to want to make all of these cool popsicle stick crafts
- Make practicing math fun by making one of these FUN and FREE Math Crafts
- Brr! It may be cold outside, but stay warm in a winter wonderland with these snowflake crafts
- Get ready for the first day of school with these Back to School Crafts
- WE have tons of monthy kindergarten crafts
- Plus don’t miss these super cute and FREE abc crafts for lowercase letters
FREE Alphabet Printables
Looking for more abc printables for kids? You have tons of free alphabet printables
- Fun Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Find the Letter Worksheets
- Disney Alphabet Coloring Pages
- free alphabet printables for toddlers
- Alphabet Book Printable – a book for each letter of the alphabet from A to Z
- Free Printable Alphabet Worksheets
- Alphabet Mazes to practice ABCs
- Cut and Paste Alphabet Worksheets
- Super Cute Printable Alphabet Hats
- Alphabet Playdough Mats
- Super cute Alphabet Coloring Pages (posters)
- free printable alphabet worksheets
- Alphabet worksheets
- Super cute, printable alphabet crafts
- Uppercase Alphabet Letter Crafts
- Simple Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Fun Letter Recognition Worksheets for Kids
- Animal Themed Uppercase Letter Tracing Cards
- Looking for more free printables? We have lots of pre k worksheets, kindergarten worksheets 1st grade worksheets, and over 1 million pages of FREE worksheets for kids.
Download Letter U Worksheets
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!