You will love these spring worksheets for kindergarten work working on math and literacy with kindergartners! Not only are these kindergarten worksheets NO PREP, but they are FREE! Use these free kindergarten worksheets for morning work, with the whole class, or in math and literacy centers. These spring worksheets are also great for homework, extra practice or as sheets to give to early learners. Simply download pdf file with spring kindergarten worksheets and you are ready to play and learn in March, April, and May.
Spring worksheets for kindergarten
Do you find that your students start to get restless right about now? The longer, warmer days hold the promise of summer and the school year just seems just a little too long. Springtime heralds the beginning of the home stretch. We have three months left to work on those literacy and math skills. It can be a challenge to keep kids focused. These super cute, engaging spring worksheets for kindergarten are a great way to hold their attention while still practicing math and litearcy skills. There are 6 worksheets in this set of kindergarten worksheets. All you need to do is download the Free kindergarten worksheets, print and go. I’ve designed the spring worksheets in black and white. This spring kindergarten workshets will save you ink of course, but it also gives early finishers a coloring project if necessary. The worksheets incorporate a lot of spring clip art. We have frogs, birds, butterflies, and flowers. There are a few kites, sunshine and umbrellas.
Free kindergarten worksheets
The first worksheet asks children to count and record the spots on butterfly wings. Students can then add the spots together to find the total. The spots are helpful cues to help children visualize the numbers and add them together. They are great way for young learners learning how to do addition.
The second page of this printable set helps children practice their number facts up to 10. It includes a number line for those who still need a little extra help. You may also want to provide 10 manipulatives as well.
The third worksheet uses ten frames. Students read the number and then fill in the correct number of squares. Ten frames also help students visualize numbers. Our numbering system is in base 10, so our numbers consist of tens and ones. Working with ten frames helps kids see this and gets them ready to work with larger numbers.
The fourth worksheets is a quick way to do some syllable work. Dividing words into syllables helps with the process of decoding. Students read each word in turn, clap the syllables, and then circle the correct number. You may have to show students how to do this.
The fifth worksheet provides some practice with beginning sounds. Students will look at each pic
ture, say the name aloud, and then select the correct letter.
Spring kindergarten worksheets
The last worksheet is an easy practice sheet for upper and lower case letters. Students cut out the letters at the bottom of the sheet. Then they look at the upper case letter in the cloud, choose the correct lower case letter and glue it into place. Tracing the upper and lower case letters completes this activity.
So that’s it. Now all you have to do is download print and use. Are you ready for Spring in your classroom?
Spring Crafts for Kids
- Super cute Printable Name Flower Craft
- LOTS of fun and clever March Crafts for Kids
- Simple Windsock Craft for kids
- Bleeding Tissue Paper Rainy Day Crafts for Kids
- EASY ink pad spring crafts for toddlers
- EDIBLE, Peeps Playdough Recipe
- Fun-to-Make and lovely painted flower craft preschool
- Make your own yummy milk Rainbow Toast
- This spin art Flower Craft for kids is almost as beautiful as they are fun to make
- Simple Sunflower Crafts that are bright, cheery, and simple to make
- This flower activity for preschoolers changes things up to use flowers to create art
- Plant a Number Line to 10 Math activity for pre-k and kindergarten
- Show off these pretty flower suncatcher craft
- Printable Easter Craft for Preschoolers
- 100 Flower Crafts from A to Z
- Umbrella Handprint Craft
- Silly Grass Head Craft
- Handprint Spring flower art projects
- Rainbow Hand Art Projects for St Patricks Day
- Looking for more fun color activities for kids don’t miss these 37 Colorful Activities for Kids
- Super clever, bubble wrap rain craft
- Wow! Over 100 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Dandelion flower craft project
- Stunning, Easy Stained Glass Art for Kids
- Kids will go nuts over this painting with cars rainbow project
- Amazing Bubble Painting process art project for kids
Check out these outrageously FUN spring science experiments for kids:
- Beautiful Chromatography Flowers made with science!
- Amazing Food Coloring Flower Experiment Worksheet where you can turn a flower into two seperate colors!
- Have you tried making butter experiment
- Colorful Jelly Bean Experiment exploring difusion and color matching with a simple activity for kids
- You’ve got to try this simple Color Changing Slime
- Simply Rainbow Density Experiment for springtime
- How Big is a Raindrop – try this raindrop experiment to find out!
- Egg Drop Challenge with marshmallows!
- You’ve got to try this Lego Balloon Car
- Make a popsicle stick catapult
- Colorful Polymer Chemistry Experiment
- MUST try capillary action experiment
- Lego DIY Zipline for your backyard
- How to Make a Weather Vane the EASY way
- Pop Rocks Experiment kids will LOVE!
Looking for some fun, educational spring theme ideas to make learning fun this April and May? Check out these fun resources:
- Cute, free printable Flower Shape Craft for kids
- Flower Rhyming Words Worksheet
- Sunflower Alphabet Matching
- Flower Mazes – Free Printable Sight Word Worksheets
- Pretty Flower Name of Number Puzzles
- F is for Flower Handprint Craft
- Practice making shapes with these flower playdough mats
- Spring Flower Counting Games for Preschoolers
- Flower Letter Matching Printable
- Grow a Plant Sequencing Worksheets
- Fun Spring Flower SIght Word Game
- Spring Jelly Bean Egg One to One Correspondence Activities
- Super cute Carrot Shape Playdough Mats for Spring
- Count the Bunny Number Flashcards
- Rainbow Color Matching Game
- Practice adding numbers with this free printable Spring Addition Matching Game
- Planting Carrots CVC Words Activity
- Fruit Loop Rainbow Printables Ten Frame Math Activity
- Umbrella Color Sorting Activity with Fruit Loops
- Count to 20 Spring Playdough Mats
- Rainbow Shape Playdough Mats
- Grab these cute Spring Printables Sudoku Puzzles for kids
- Seed Find the Letter Worksheets
- Frog Alphabet Game Matching Printable
- Kite Beginning Sound Activities printable craft for spring
- Spring Do a Dot Printables
- Print and GO Spring Scavenger Hunt
- Spring Step by Step Drawings
- Practice reading with this Spring sight word cut and paste reader
- Worm Worksheets Pack
- Umbrella Letter Matching Activity
- Spring Telling Time Worksheets
- Digraphy Activity to improve reading and spelling skills with these spring puzzles
- Cute Blubird Soring Blends Activity for first and second graders.
- LOTS of fun PLANTS arts and crafts for preschool and kindergartners
Download Kindergarten Spring Worksheets
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!