Make practicing counting to 100 fun with this free printable cat in the hat math printable. Use this cat in the hat math games with pre-k, kindergarten, and first graders as part of your dr seuss theme to celebrate Dr Seuss’ birthday on March 3rd! Simply download pdf file with cat in the hat math activities and color by code to reveal a hidden picture while working on kindergarten math.
Cat in the Hat Math
Make number recognition for numbers 1-100 fun with this cat in the hat math activity perfect for dr seuss theme in March.
For decades, Dr. Seuss has maintained his position as one of the best recognized authors and illustrators of children’s books. I grew up with plenty of his classics on my bookshelves. My boys and I now read them together often. The introduction of newer editions has ensured that even the youngest generation is familiar with his crazy characters. One of Dr. Seuss’ best known characters, The Cat In The Hat, inspired today’s colorful math review. Be sure to read to the end to grab your own practice sheet!
Cat in the hat math games
Dr. Seuss is best known for his lyrical, rhyming text. The Cat In The Hat series is no exception. The original book focuses on the mischievous Cat, enticing a young brother and sister into a silly playtime while their mother is out.
Thing 1 and Thing 2 make appearances as well, adding to the giggles and humor for young readers. There’s not a lot of information presented in the book, but the lively tale is fun to hear over and over again. Dr. Seuss’ classic illustrations are sparse and graphic, with bold shapes in shades of blue and red. The newer editions chronicling the adventures of The Cat in the Hat present more information to the reader.
Oh, The Pets You Can Get incorporates facts like the best way to carry rabbits, or that only male canaries can sing. These editions are more colorful, with far less white space in the illustrations. The newer volumes are a great way to introduce basic ideas about science, etc, in a fun, engaging manner.
The lyrical rhyming continues through the entire collection of Cat in the Hat books, making them perfect for young children. Pre-readers can listen along and supply the rhyming words during read alouds. Older readers will find the rhythm of the text reassuring, especially as they practice reading out loud.
Cat in the hat math activities
Adding color and a bit of mystery with a hidden image can be a great way to encourage young readers to practice basic math skills.
- Free cat in the hat worksheets
- Colored pencils, crayons, or markers.
Cat in the hat math worksheet
- Assemble necessary materials in this cat in the hat worksheets for kindergarten
- Use the pencils, crayons, or markers to color each box according to the list at the top. When each box is complete, the hidden image will appear!
Dr Seuss Activities
Looking for more fun DR Seuss printables and dr seuss activity ideas? Check out these resources!
- LOTS of fun Dr Seuss Activities for kids of all ages!
- One Fish Two Fish Activity – Kindergarten Rhyming Game
- Dr Seuss Thing 1 and Thing 2 Handprint Craft
- Free Dr Seuss Worksheets Preschool
- Dr Seuss Oobleck Recipe
- Dr Seuss Truffula Tree Craft
- Truffula Trees Dr Seuss STEM Activities (The Lorax)
- Dr Seuss Craft Puffy Paint Leopard
- FREE Cat in the Hat Math for Kindergarten and Grade 1
- Fun Dr Seuss Preschool Activities
- Dr Seuss Preschool Red Fish Blue Fish Playdough Mats
Book Based Activities
Looking for more book themed printable activities for prek and kindergarten age kids? You will love these ideas:
- If You Give a Moose a Muffin Math
- Hank Finds an Egg Math
- Thanksgiving Story & Writing Prompt
- Night Before Christmas 100s Chart Coloring
- Fall Leaf Story Time with Shapes Activity
- Rhyming with Green Eggs and Ham
- Cat in the Hat Math
Math for Kindergartners
Looking for summer math for kindergartners? You will love these fun, free resources:
- Summer Math Worksheets (counting)
- Ice Cream Math Worksheets
- Summer Kindergarten Worksheets (black & white)
- Count to 10 Ice Cream Math Craft
- Bubble Math Worksheets
- Sandcastle Subtraction Math Craft
- Summer Count, Trace, & Clip
- Fishing Number Bonds Math Craft
- Sundae Skip Counting
- Crack the Code Math Worksheets
Cat in the hat worksheets free
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!