Many kids cringe at the thought of writing but many do love to draw. So why not combine february writing prompts with drawing prompts to encourage a fun time writing rather than just staring at a blank page. With theses February Writing and Drawing Prompts Printable Pack, your child gets to envision the prompt, draw the prompt, and write. This process makes it easier for the child to write the prompt. Simply download pdf file with Writing prompts for feburary and you are ready to practice writing with kindergarten, first grade, and 2nd grade students.
February writing prompts
Print out your free copy of the February Writing Prompts Printable Pack. The writing prompts fo february pack contains 10 pages of prompts your child will love. The prompts are engaging so your child will be more interested in completing the assignment. First have your child draw a picture to go with the writing prompt. As your child draws and envisions the challenge the words for writing will come much easier. These february writing ideas are perfect for kindergartners, grade 1, and grade 2 students too.
Writing prompts for february
February journal prompts
Here are some tips for using these kindergarten writing prompts during February to make writing fun!
- Make the writing process stress free to encourage your child to continue along.
- Allow your child to write freely on a separate piece of paper. Once your child goes over and edits her writing then she can transfer it onto the printable sheet.
- Encourage your child by posting the page on the fridge.
- Think about expanding on the lesson by making it a speaking prompt. Once your child is finished with the drawing and writing prompt, have her present it to the family. If she is hesitant allow her to practice by presenting it to her stuffed animals first.
- If your child is discouraged with the writing process then have her tell you her story and then transcribe it. Once she sees her words written she will be more motivated to write it on her own.
- If your child is having a hard time coming up with words then have her write a list of words that goes along with the topic.
Valentines Day Activities for Kindergartners
- Practice counting to 20 and tracing numbers as you prepare the mail in this Valentines Day Math
- Count and Trace Valentines Day Worksheets with conversation hearts
- Cute Find the Letter Valentine’s Day Worksheets with alphabet candy in the cookie jars
- Valentine’s Day ABC Hole PunchingActivity – kids will strengthen hand muscles while working on letter recognition
- Pencil Valentine Printable – super cute free printable “looking sharp” Valentine for kids
- Valentines Day I Spy Printable – this is a fun valentiens day activity that also works on counting and visual discrimination at the same time
- Color by Hundreds Chart Valentines Day Worksheets
- Valentine sight word coloring pages – kids will have fun reading and gaining fluency with key sight words while revealing these mystery pictures
- Rhyming Valentines cut and paste printables – these heart workshets are a fun way for kids to practice identifying rhyming words
- Sneak in some fun writing practice with these Febraury Writing Prompts Calendar
- Valentines Day Math Clip Cards – practice counting numbers 11-20 with these cute, low prep clip cards
- Our kids favorite tradition! Print out these Valentines Day Printables and leave love notes for each other to read on February 14th!
- Valentiens Day Symmetry for Kids – kids will have fun learning about symmetry with these drawing prompts.
- ABC Valentines Day Worksheets – kids will have fun learning new vocabulary and practicing tracing upper and lowercase letters as they make their very own alphabet book.
- Valentines Day Color by Odd and Even Numbers Worksheets
- Color by Hundreds Chart Happy valentine’s day mouse activities
- Valentine’s Day Math Craft – students will have fun practicing addition and subtraction within 10 while making this super cute cut and paste math craft
- Valentines Day Color by Number – students will reveal hidden pictures as they color by number and work on number recognition
- Snap Cube Valentines Day Worksheets – with two levels of difficulty these cards help kids practice using logic and spatial reasoning
- Dancing Hearts Science Experiment is a fun and simple science experiment that will delight kids of all ages!
- Roses are Red Poem Rhyming Puzzles – Valentines rhymes for kids
- Valentines Alphabet Activity – students will have fun getting valentines ready to “mail” while matching upper and lowercase letters while working on phonemic awareness and beginning sounds.
- Super cute Valentines Day Activity sorting mail by parts of speach!
- Practice spelling with this fun, engaging and FREE Printable Valentine’s Day Spelling Activity
- A-Z Valentine’s Day Worksheets is fun for kids to practice making capital letters using conversation hearts!
- Free Valentine’s day math worksheets – kindergartners will have fun practicing numbers to 100 while they reveal hidden images with these Valentines Day coloring pages
- CVC Words Valentines Day Worksheets– students will have fun practicing the sounds letters make while building CVC words with alphabet conversation hearts
- Chocolate Shape Valentine Playdough Mats – kids will have fun practicing forming shapes with these chocolate shape playdough mats.
- Lock and Key valentine matching game printable – kids will have fun working on color recognition with this fun, Valentine’s Day matching game
- Alphabet Valentines Day Worksheets – with a free printable alphabet worksheet for each letter from A to Z, help kids work on letter recognition while decorating these heart cookies
- Practice a variety of math and literacy skills with these Free Valentine’s Day Worksheets!
- Love Potion – Valentines Day Science
- Oobleck Valentines Day Activity for Kids
- Layered Liquids Density Experiments for Valentines Day
- Glittery Purple Valentine Slime
- Balloon Valentines Day Science Experiment
- Salt Painting Valentines Day Activity
- Valentines Day Magic Milk Science Experiment for Preschoolers
- Oil and Water Valentines Day Activity for Preschoolers
- Skittles Valentines Day Science Activities
- EASY Static Electricity Balloon Experiment
- Love Potion #9 Valentine’s Day Science Activity
- Practice shapes with this hands-on Valentines Day STEM Activities
- Fizzy Heart Science Project – Valentines Day Activities for Kids
- Density for Kids Science Experiment for Valentines Day
- Conversation Heart Ooblek – FUN Valentines Day Activity for Kids
- Valentines Day Slime
- Add some Valentines Day Science with this super cool and EASY Dancing Hearts Experiment
- Try these FUN Valentine Science Experiments for kids of all ages
- Salt crystal hearts Science Experiment perfect for February
- Plus don’t miss these fun Valentines Books to cuddle up and read this February
- Heart Fish Craft for Valentines Day – kids will have fun cutting and pasting lots of hearts to make this adorable fish craft
- Fingerprint Hearth Tree Valentines Day Craft is super cute and such a precious keepsake craft
- Bear treat cup Valentines Day Craft is cute and practical too
- Red Hot Valentines Slime is so pretty and fun to play with!
- Try this EASY Chocolate playdough recipe to make your creations look like valentines day candy!
- Beautiful Valentines Art Projects – Matisse Style heart craft for kids
- Super cute Heart Mobile Valentines Day Craft for Preschoolers
- Cactus valentine craft – this is such a fun cut and paste Valentines Day Craft for kids
- 30 February Crafts for Kids – so many fun, clever crafts to fill the whole month of February
- Don’t miss these fun February activities for kids
Looking for some cute and FREE printable valentines to share with your friends? Check out these homemade valentines for kids:
- Tic-Tac-Toe Printable Valentine Cards
- Pencil Valentine Printable
- Happy Slime-tines – Free Printable Valentines Day Cards
Free Writing Prompts
Looking for more writing activities? Try these
- On the Farm Writing Prompts
- FREE Printable Handwriting Paper
- Roll a Character – Fun Writing Activities for Kindergarten
- Jungle Writing Prompts
- Star Wars Writing Prompts
- Spring Writing Prompts
- October Writing Prompts
- Picture Writing Prompts Kindergarten
- Pattern Writing
- March Writing Prompts
- Farm Writing Prompts
- Whale Ocean Writing Prompts
- Pineapple Writing Activities for Kindergarten
- Build and Write Lego Writing Prompts
- Free Winter Writing Prompts
- Roll a Character Writing Activity
- Free Autumn Writing Prompts
- **Plus don’t miss all 500+ pages of Fun Writing Prompts for kids of all ages!
Free printable writing prompts
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!