Are you teaching your little one about colors? Preschool, pre-k, toddler, and kindergarten children are at an age where they need to be learning their colors, if they don’t already know. My favorite thing to do when teaching my kids something new, or practicing for the 100th time, is to turn it into a game! This Color Scavenger Hunt will be loved by children of all ages. Plus using a colour scavenger hunt to learn colors makes it FUN! Simply print pdf file with color scavenger hunt printable and you are ready to play and learn.
Color scavenger hunt
This printable is the base of the game. There are a few different ways that we have played, but they all center around the printable.
The printable is broken down into 6 squares, one for each of the basic rainbow colors: Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, and Purple. This base can be used to play multiple different games.
Color scavenger hunt printable
Colour scavenger hunt
These games are also great for strengthening gross motor skills. Children will be running or quickly moving through the house and back to the mat in order to win. You could even ask them to do different movements as they move to find the object.
I would suggest laminating this mat so that you can use it over and over. When writing is necessary, you can use a dry erase marker.
- Race To Find
If you have multiple children, they can race to find the next color that you call. They know the 6 colors, but they don’t know what you are going to call. When you call the color they must race to find an object of that color and bring it back. You can check off that color or write the winner’s name in the box.
- Simon Says Find…
Instead of asking the kids to find the objects from around the house or classroom, have objects set up for them around the room. When you call out the color, you’ll then give them a movement..like spin around until you get to the blue block, Skip to the green ball, etc.
This is a fantastic gross motor activity!
- Get Outside:
You can hand them the scavenger hunt printable and have them mark off in tally marks how many of each color they can find in the great outdoors. This can also be done in the car.
This is super simple and a great way to practice colors while strengthening gross motor skills. Kids will be giddy and laughing as they practice.
Learning Color Names
- Learn color names with this cute craft with our Free Printable Crayon Box Template
- Color Worksheets for young learners
- Free Printable Color Word Puzzles (in color or black and white)
- Learning Colors Printables – color the crayon and trace the color name
- Free The Colors of Fall Printable book
- Pumpkin Color Words Printable
- Fall Color Name Sticker Activity Sheets
- Color Matching Turkey Do a Dot Printable
- Learning Colors Fall Games for Kids
- Free Preschool Turkey Coloring Pages
- Kite Matching Printable – Learning Colors for Toddlers Games
- FREE Printable Color Puzzles
- Color Soring Printable or these Farm Free Color Sorting Printable Mats
- Pompom & Craft Stick “Pencil” color matching activities for preschoolers
- Learning Colors Pom Pom Sorting Activity
- Dinosaur Color Matching Activity with free printable
- Spring Soring Activity -free printable colored eggs into baskets
- Color Matching Easter Activities for Kindergarten
- Umbrella Craft Preschool – Color matching Fruit Loops
- I know my colors Easter Worksheets pdf
- Do-a-Dot Color Word Recognition Worksheets
Learning Colors Activity
- Fidget Color Game for Kids
- Free printable color matching worksheets
- Color Scavenger Hunt printable
- Sandcastle color matching activity
- Mitten Matching Games Online
- Color Sorting Penguin Matching Game
- My Color Book Printable
- Free Mouse Paint Printables for kids to learn their colors
- Color Free Printable Mini Books pdf for Kids
- Color Matching, Free Printable Goodnight Gorilla Activities
- Fruit Loop Sorting Mat
- Super cute Color Flashcards
- Free Printable Color Flashcards
- Chameleon Learning Colors Worksheets
- Craft Template Octopus Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Free Octopus Printables – color matching activity
- Pearl Free Color Matching Printables
- Summer Seashell Summer Playdough Mats
- Free Printable Color Matching Worksheet
- Fruit Loop rainbow printable template
- I Spy Colors
- Free printable puzzles – color activities for preschool printable
- Learning Colors preschool painting worksheets
- Color Lock and Key Matching Game
- Christmas Color Games for Toddlers
- Pirate Colors Book Printable
- Learning Colors Ice Cream activity
- 40 Colour Recognition Activities
Color Activities for Kids
- Beautiful Rainbow Slime Activity for Kids
- Frozen rainbow science experiment preschool
- Yarn Wrapped Rainbow Craft for Kids
- Paper Plate Rainbow Craft for Preschoolers
- Rainbow in a Jar Density Experiments
- Easy Tissue Paper Rainbow Craft for Spring
- Free Connect the Dot Rainbow Printable for Preschoolers
- Hands-on Rainbow Math Activities for Preschoolers
- Rainbow Playdough Shape Mat
- Lots of fun ideas in this Rainbow Preschool Theme
- See all of our color activities for kids
- Simple, Beautiful Capillary Action Experiment
- Rainbow Painting with Cars Activity
- Homemade, Edible sand for toddlers
- How to Grow Rainbow Crystals EASILY – rainbow activities for 1st grade
- Colorful Jelly Bean Science Experiment
- Simply Rainbow Density Experiment for springtime
- Rainbow Toast makes a yummy snack!
- Colorful Polymer Experiments at Home
- Pretty Oil and Water Experiment Worksheet
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use only (to share this resource, please direct others to this post to grab their own free copy)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!
>> Colors Scavenger Hunt <<