Are you ready for super simple and fun valentines day stem activities? This valentines day activity is fun for kids of all ages from toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, and 2nd graders too. We made our valentines day activities for kids into a Heart LEGO Maze from LEGOs and it was so much fun! You can build it for younger kids to play with. While older kids will enjoy making this on their own and playing with it! Either way this is a must-try valentines day ideas for kids in February.
Valentines day stem activities
STEM activities are so important for kids. Not only do they see these type of projects as super interesting and mostly fun, they are actually learning quite a bit. These valentines day activity are strengthening skills that are important in their future learning and their life in general too. Your kids will be begging to make lots of different lego mazes with this outrageously fun valentines day stem activities.
STEM is Science, Technology, Engineering and Math. These skills are crucial for kids to learn. Not only does it encourage critical thinking but helps them with science language skills and will, in general, help promote and encourage children to become innovators.
Valentines day activity
You will only need a few simples supplies you probably already have on hand for this fun valentines day activity.
- Plastic LEGO Building Mat
- Lego Bricks (We used all variations of red, purple and pink)
- 1 Marble
Valentines day stem
The valentines day lego pattern is simple to follow, using the pictures of the maze put together. For reference though, the bricks that we used for the heart itself are:
- X-Small (2 Dots): 2
- Small (4 Square Dots): 2
- Medium (6 Rectable Dots): 18
- Long Large (8 Dots In One Row): 2
We built this maze on a plastic building mat.
Valentines day ideas for kids
For the inside maze part of this STEM project for kids, you can choose whichever bricks work for you or whichever ones you have left that are the colors you chose to use. The only restriction is to make sure that the marble will fit down the lines that you create of the maze. We created the inside maze part and didn’t take that into consideration and had to change it all up because the marble would get stuck on corners and in tight spaces.
You can follow the picture to know how to make the heart and then make the inside of the maze however you would like. Alternatively, you can even play with the original maze and then switch it up for a different track.
Valentines day activities for kids
Once you have created the maze, put the marble at the top and tilt the lego mat in varying directions so that the marble moves through the maze. It is so much fun, my kids played for hours!
Valentines Day Activities for Kindergartners
- Practice counting to 20 and tracing numbers as you prepare the mail in this Valentines Day Math
- Count and Trace Valentines Day Worksheets with conversation hearts
- Cute Find the Letter Valentine’s Day Worksheets with alphabet candy in the cookie jars
- Valentine’s Day ABC Hole PunchingActivity – kids will strengthen hand muscles while working on letter recognition
- Pencil Valentine Printable – super cute free printable “looking sharp” Valentine for kids
- Penguin Skip Counting Activity
- Valentines Day I Spy Printable – this is a fun valentiens day activity that also works on counting and visual discrimination at the same time
- Color by Hundreds Chart Valentines Day Worksheets
- Valentine sight word coloring pages – kids will have fun reading and gaining fluency with key sight words while revealing these mystery pictures
- Rhyming Valentines cut and paste printables – these heart workshets are a fun way for kids to practice identifying rhyming words
- Sneak in some fun writing practice with these Febraury Writing Prompts Calendar
- Valentines Day Math Clip Cards – practice counting numbers 11-20 with these cute, low prep clip cards
- Our kids favorite tradition! Print out these Valentines Day Printables and leave love notes for each other to read on February 14th!
- Valentiens Day Symmetry for Kids – kids will have fun learning about symmetry with these drawing prompts.
- ABC Valentines Day Worksheets – kids will have fun learning new vocabulary and practicing tracing upper and lowercase letters as they make their very own alphabet book.
- Valentines Day Color by Odd and Even Numbers Worksheets
- Color by Hundreds Chart Happy valentine’s day mouse activities
- Valentine’s Day Math Craft – students will have fun practicing addition and subtraction within 10 while making this super cute cut and paste math craft
- Valentines Day Color by Number – students will reveal hidden pictures as they color by number and work on number recognition
- Snap Cube Valentines Day Worksheets – with two levels of difficulty these cards help kids practice using logic and spatial reasoning
- Dancing Hearts Science Experiment is a fun and simple science experiment that will delight kids of all ages!
- Roses are Red Poem Rhyming Puzzles – Valentines rhymes for kids
- Valentines Alphabet Activity – students will have fun getting valentines ready to “mail” while matching upper and lowercase letters while working on phonemic awareness and beginning sounds.
- Super cute Valentines Day Activity sorting mail by parts of speach!
- Practice spelling with this fun, engaging and FREE Printable Valentine’s Day Spelling Activity
- A-Z Valentine’s Day Worksheets is fun for kids to practice making capital letters using conversation hearts!
- Free Valentine’s day math worksheets – kindergartners will have fun practicing numbers to 100 while they reveal hidden images with these Valentines Day coloring pages
- CVC Words Valentines Day Worksheets– students will have fun practicing the sounds letters make while building CVC words with alphabet conversation hearts
- Chocolate Shape Valentine Playdough Mats – kids will have fun practicing forming shapes with these chocolate shape playdough mats.
- Lock and Key valentine matching game printable – kids will have fun working on color recognition with this fun, Valentine’s Day matching game
- Alphabet Valentines Day Worksheets – with a free printable alphabet worksheet for each letter from A to Z, help kids work on letter recognition while decorating these heart cookies
- Practice a variety of math and literacy skills with these Free Valentine’s Day Worksheets!
Valentines Day Crafts
- Heart Fish Craft for Valentines Day – kids will have fun cutting and pasting lots of hearts to make this adorable fish craft
- Fingerprint Hearth Tree Valentines Day Craft is super cute and such a precious keepsake craft
- Bear treat cup Valentines Day Craft is cute and practical too
- Super cute Heart Mobile Valentines Day Craft for Preschoolers
- Red Hot Valentines Slime is so pretty and fun to play with!
- Try this EASY Chocolate playdough recipe to make your creations look like valentines day candy!
- Wow! These FUN Valentine Science Experiments for kids of all ages are sure to keep kids engaged
- Beautiful Valentines Art Projects – Matisse Style heart craft for kids
- Cactus valentine craft – this is such a fun cut and paste Valentines Day Craft for kids
- Salt crystal hearts Science Experiment perfect for February
- 30 February Crafts for Kids – so many fun, clever crafts to fill the whole month of February
- Don’t miss these fun February activities for kids