These free printable number puzzles for kindergarten are a fun way for children to work on number sense as they count to 20. Simply download pdf file and print number puzzles 1-20 to match tally marks, ten frame, number words, and numerals. This free math activity is such a fun way to help kids from preschool, pre-k, kindergartners, and first grade students learn number recognition of the numbers from one to twenty while also improving their counting skills.
Printable Number Puzzles for Kindergarten
These Numbers 1-20 Puzzles are a very simple math printable activity to set up for your preschoolers, kindergarteners, and grade 1 students. After printing out the number sense puzzles on white paper or white cardstock, cut them out and laminate for durability (optional). I recommend storing these cards together in a zip lock bag. This Printable Number Puzzles for Kindergarten is such a fun way to improve fluency with counting numbers to 20, learning number words and more!
Another option is instead of laminating the cards, your child can glue the puzzles onto colored card once completed. Either way, this activity is a great way for parents, teacher, and homeschoolers to make learning fun with a hands-on educational activity!
Puzzles for kindergarten printable
Puzzles for kindergarten worksheets
This 20-page Number Puzzle Printable Pack includes a number puzzle for all the numbers from one to twenty.
Each number puzzle has the number written in purple, the number written in word form in orange, the number written in tally marks in blue and the number in a green ten frame.
Kindergarten puzzle worksheets
For the children who are still learning to recognize numbers, give them the parts of one puzzle at a time in order from one to twenty. Sit with them and help them read the numbers and count the tally marks and the discs in the counting frames.
For children who already know their numbers, place all the cards on the table and let your child go through them, finding all the four pieces of each puzzle, before putting the puzzles back together, one number puzzle at a time.
Number Puzzles 1-20
Another way your child could use these cards is to turn the completed puzzles into simple addition and subtraction sums. For this your child completes one puzzle, then adds or subtracts another number, of which they complete the puzzle, then they complete the puzzle of the number of the answer to the equation. eg. Puzzle 20 subtract Puzzle 14 equals Puzzle 6. See the picture below to see how to complete this. When each puzzle has been completed, your child should be able to recognise each of the visual representations of each number. These puzzles can be reworked at anytime.
Looking for more fun, free printable activities for practicing numbers? You will love these clever number activities for kids.
- Pool Writing Numbers 1-20
- Ice Cream Counting Cards
- Flowers Missing Numbers
- Summer Playdough Counting Mats
- 39 Counting Activities for Kids
- Fall Worksheets 1-5
- Monster Math Counting and Addition Activity
- Trace & Erase Numbers 1-20
- Flower Number Names Puzzles
- Bingo Marker Number Worksheets
- Count to 10 Watermelon Math Activities
- Animal Cookie Preschool Counting Activity
- Sandcastle Preschool Counting Activity with playdough and free printable
- Count to 20 Fruit Clip Cards
- Vegetable Clip Cards for practicing counting and learning number words
- Counting Zoo Animals Printable Reader
- Pumpkin Candy Count and Trace
- Printable Counting Bugs Coloring Book
Download Numbers 1-20 Puzzles
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!