These fun and colorful Numbers 1-20 Puzzles will help kids learn number recognition of the numbers from one to twenty while also improving their counting skills.
Numbers 1-20 Puzzles
These Numbers 1-20 Puzzles is a very simple activity to set up for your preschool and kindergarten child. After printing out the puzzles on white paper or white cardstock, cut them out and laminate for durability (optional). I recommend storing these cards together in a zip lock bag.
If you don’t laminate the cards, your child can glue the puzzles onto colored card once completed.
This 20-page Number Puzzle Printable Pack includes a number puzzle for all the numbers from one to twenty.
Each number puzzle has the number written in purple, the number written in word form in orange, the number written in tally marks in blue and the number in a green ten frame.
For the children who are still learning to recognize numbers, give them the parts of one puzzle at a time in order from one to twenty. Sit with them and help them read the numbers and count the tally marks and the discs in the counting frames.
For children who already know their numbers, place all the cards on the table and let your child go through them, finding all the four pieces of each puzzle, before putting the puzzles back together, one number puzzle at a time.
Another way your child could use these cards is to turn the completed puzzles into simple addition and subtraction sums. For this your child completes one puzzle, then adds or subtracts another number, of which they complete the puzzle, then they complete the puzzle of the number of the answer to the equation. eg. Puzzle 20 subtract Puzzle 14 equals Puzzle 6. See the picture below to see how to complete this. When each puzzle has been completed, your child should be able to recognise each of the visual representations of each number. These puzzles can be reworked at anytime.
More Kindergarten Math
- Zoo Animals Counting Book
- I Know my Shapes Book
- Counting to 100
- Adding to 10 Playdough Mats
- Dinosaur Math Worksheets
- Missing Number Clip Cards
- Monster Math Puzzles
- Math Activities for Kindergarten
Download Numbers 1-20 Puzzles
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!