These Monster Counting and Addition Math Activity are such a fun, hands on math activity to help Kindergarten age kids practice counting and adding!
More Fun Activities for Kids
- St Patricks Day Hundreds Chart Coloring Worksheets
- Silly Animal Antonym Puzzles
- 30 June Crafts for Kids
- Teen Number Sense Worksheets
- Under the Seas Sight Words Worksheets
- Homophones Quick Charts
- Farm Printables Pack
- Free Homophone Puzzles
- Letter C
- Monster Math Puzzles
More than likely, you’ll want to start out using manipulatives of some sort for both the counting practice as well as the introduction of addition. Pictures could even be used if you’re in a pinch so that your child has something tangible that they can see and count. Printable aids like these monster math counting and addition puzzles are also a great way to get started!
First things first, before you even introduce the concept of addition, you’ll want to make sure that your child has a solid foundation to build on. They’ll need to be able to confidently and accurately count objects within a group before moving on to equations.
Monster Counting and Addition Math Activity
With these Monster Counting and Addition Math Activity, your child will practice counting various groups of monsters and matching them with the appropriate numeral as well as get an introduction into making sums to 10.
Sums to 10
The last two pages of the printable pack contain multiple three-piece puzzles for addition practice. On each puzzle, the first two pieces contain a different number of adorable monsters that, when added together, create the answer that will be found on the third piece of the puzzle. With these, your child can easily see and count each of the monsters on the first two pieces to help them figure out the sum of the equation. The puzzles themselves, however, are not self-correcting.
To use these puzzles:
- Simply download and print the included pages.
- Cut each of the puzzles apart and laminate them for added durability if preferred.
Once the pieces are ready, let your kindergartner have fun counting and matching their monsters and putting their puzzles together. To make this activity even more fun, add some manipulatives that your child can count and group together. More Kindergarten Math – FREE Worksheets & Activities!
Download Monster Counting and Addition Math Activity
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!