I have another fun learning activity tied to a nursery rhyme for you today: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star name recognition activity!
Nursery Rhyme Activities for Kids
- Roses are Red Violets are Blue Activity
- 5 Little Snowman Rhyming Activity
- Twinkle Twinkle Little Star Name Recognition Activity
- Farmer and the Dell Rhyming Bin
- Hickory Dickory Dock Telling Time
- Five Little Monkeys Activity
- Printable 5 Little Monkeys Reader
Twinkle Twinkle Little Star Name Recognition Activity
Twinkle twinkle little star, do you know how loved you are . . . Use this activity to develop name recognition and fine motor skills, but also, use this opportunity to show your child how unique and loved he/she is! Setting up this activity is easy. All you need is:
- star shapes(you can use readymade ones or cut it from cardboard or craft foam)
- hole puncher
Write the letters of the name on the stars and punch holes at the top of the stars.
Place the stars (in the wrong order) together with the pipecleaner on a tray. Let your child lace the pipecleaner through the letters in the correct order. This works on letter recognition, ordering and fine motor skills.
You can use the end product as a name board on your child door or even as an ornament on the Christmas tree! A fun name recognition activity perfect for your preschooler or kindergartener and perfect to go with the rhyme Twinkle Twinkle Little Star!