Kids will have fun practicing addition with this silly Addition Facts to 10 – a hands on kindergarten math activity!
More FREE Kindergarten Math Activities
- Printable Flower Shape Math Craft
- Sleeping Beauty Color by Addition
- Skip Counting Kites Math Craft
- Hands on Goldfish Addition Practice
- 21 Telling Time Activities
- Fall Number Sticker Worksheets
Addition Facts to 10 with Pigs in the Mud
Looking for a fun way to get kids to count and practice addition skills? These fun ‘pigs in the mud’ activity cards are perfect for that! Learners will solve each addition fact and then place that card onto the correct sum mud poster.
- A4 paper
- Mini erasers or counters (optional)
Print all the ‘mud sum posters’ and laminate them along with the pig cards (there are 10 posters and 42 pig cards). Cut up the cards and have them ready for play along with the posters.
Addition within 10
After you’ve done all the preparations. Be sure to have the ‘mud posters’ along with the ‘pig cards’ ready for play. Have the posters layed out so the kids can see them clearly, then start by getting the kids to choose a ‘pig card’ and then working out the sum to place it onto the correct poster. It’s a good idea to have the kids work out their sum by using some counting cubes or mini erasers. I got the kids to count using pom poms! Great way to have them show their learning.
These task can easily be differentiated with your learners. You can get younger learners working on their facts to 5 and kindergarten kids working on their facts to ten. Just be sure that the kids do have some sort of background knowledge on addition skills. This game would be perfect for a farm theme or any year round use.
This activity is hands-on and perfect for kids to use when they need a refresher or some more counting games and activities. Kids will love working on their addition skills using these fun pig themed cards!
Addition to 10
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!