Are you thinking ahead to spring? I am, and I can’t wait to introduce my young learners to these spring math activities in this Spring Number Sense pack..
Spring Number Sense
Spring Count and Clip Cards
The count and clip cards are designed to help students practice counting and identifying numbers 1-20. Students will choose a card and count the images on each card. Using a clothespin, paperclip, or counter (mini eraser, button, etc.), students will identify the corresponding number. If you want to make this a self-checking activity, put a small sticker on the back of the correct answer. After your child has clipped the card, they can flip it over and check to see that their clothespin or paper clip is on the sticker. If so, they’ve answered the problem correctly.
Spring Build the Number Activity
The build-the-number activity is designed to help your kids identify numbers and count from one to twenty. Print the pages and laminate them for durability. Cut apart the number cards and mix them up. Have kids choose a number card and say its name. Then, on the build-the-number board, kids will use small counters (mini erasers, buttons, or mini pom poms) to fill in the ten frames to match the number on the card.
Salt Tray Number Writing
Salt trays add a fun sensory element to ordinary writing tasks. Lay a piece of colored paper in the bottom or a shallow tray. Pour just enough salt (I used kosher salt because it’s more coarse) or sugar to cover the colored paper. Have students choose a number card. Then, have them use their finger (or the eraser end of a pencil) to write the number in the salt. After that, they will find that number on the worksheet and trace it. This provides children with several opportunities to write the numbers 1-20.
Are you looking for more free math activities for your young learners? Try these:
- Free Flower Name Puzzles
- Spring Letter Reversal Worksheets
- Kindergarten Math Practice with Hole Punch
- Construction Site Counting Mats: Building Numbers 1-20
- Trace & Erase Numbers 1-20
- Skip Counting Activity
- Spring Playdough Counting Mats
- If You Give a Mouse a Cookie Count and Clip Cards
- Number 1-20 Puzzles
- Printable Forest-Themed Count and Clip Cards
- Count to 30 Bugs Activity
- Fruit Count to 20 Clip Cards
- Farm Color by Number
Download Spring Number Sense
Before you download your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.