This Yarn Wrapped rainbow craft is such a beautiful and simple rainbow craft idea! These easy rainbow crafts for kids use a simple technique to produce a stunning rainbow to celebrate springtime. Use this as a St Paticks Day Craft during March, a spring crafts for kids during April and May, or a pretty weather craft all summer long! Either way this pretty craft for spring is a fun rainbow craft preschool, toddler, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, and 2nd graders too.
Rainbow craft preschool
Brighten up your windows, fridge, or doors with this lovely rainbow craft for kids! This pretty rainbow craft is super simple making is great for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, and grade 2 students. But the finished effect is so prettey this spring craft for preschoolers is a MUST! Plus kids will love that they can make this rainbow activity all on their own! Use this at home or in a spring theme, rainbow theme, or st patricks day theme in the classroom.
Preschool yarn crafts
All you need to make this beautiful rainbow art project are a few simple materials you probably already have at home:
- cardboard (leftover from a box, cereal box, back of construction paper pad, etc.)
- red yarn
- orange yarn
- yellow yarn
- green yarn
- blue yarn
- purple yarn
- crayons (optional, but helpful for yonger children)
Preschool rainbow craft
Start off by cutting your cardboard piece into a a rainbow arch. I love this spring art and craft activities for toddlers recycles something we have laying around the house!
This part is optional, but super helpful if you have a young child and are creating a rainbow craft for preschoolers. Use crayons to mark the spaces along the rainbow (either simple start/stop lines in each color or color the entire section) so your kid knows where the red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple should begin and end. If not young kids tend to forget and keep going with whatever color they have. But then again, that is part of the charm and makes a unique rainbow craft.
Rainbow crafts for preschoolers
Tape the end of red yarn to the back of the piece of cardboard to secure into place.
Yarn rainbow craft
Wrap the yarn around and around to fill the entire section. Try not to let any of the cardboard show and keep the yarn as tight and close together as you can. When you finish a section, simply cut it off the yarn ball and use tape to secure it to the back of the project. Then start with the next color, again affixing the end of yarn to the back with tape and wrap until you completed the next section.
Rainbow crafts for preschool
.Continue until you’ve wrapped the entire arch with colorful yarn. and tape or tuck in the end. Now you have a beautiful rainbow, but we aren’t done yet!
Spring crafts for kids
To make your pretty spring rainow look like it is coming out of the clouds, we are going to use liquid school glue to attach 3 cotton balls to the end of each side of the rainbow.
St Patricks Day Craft
Now you have a pretty cloud and rainbow craft. If you prefer, you can make one side of the rainbow have a black pot of gold with gold coins inside. That would be a fun option to make it really themed for a st patricks day activity for preschoolers.
This is such a pretty rainbow craft project for kids of all ages! We love how easy it is so kids can really make a rainbow craft all by themselves. Use it to decorate your windows, refrigerator door, bedroom doors, mirrors, front door instead of a wreath, or in your classroom.
Free St Patrick’s Day Printables
Looking for more fun, free saint patricks day printable ideas and activities for March? You will love these free resources for toddler, preschool, and kindergarten age students.:
- Hands-ton St Patrick’s Day Counting Activity with free printable
- St patrick’s day for preschoolers Cute activity pages
- Work on pre-writing skills with these cute, Free St Patrick’s Day Printables Tracing Strips
- Color by Letter St Patricks Day Worksheets
- Leprechaun Hat Letter Tracing St Patrick’s Day Printables
- Rainbow Alphabet Matching St Patrick’s Day Activities
- Use Fruit Loop cereal to make a rainbow with these St Patrick’s day Printables
- Count and Trace with this fun and free St patrick’s day preschool activities
- St Patrick’s Day Color by Number Worksheets to work on number recognition while revealing cute hidden mystery pictures
- Find the Letter St Patricks Day Worksheets
- Count to 20 Puzzles for March
- Printable Scavenger Hunts, St. Patrick’s Day History Worksheets, and St. Patrick’s Day Alphabet Match
- Counting to 20 Puzzles are a fun St Patrick’s Day Preschool Activities
- St Patricks Day for Kindergarten counting with ten frames
- Pot of Gold St Patrick Day Activities – working on sorting beginning letter sounds coins by the correct pot of gold letter
- St Patricks Day Math Craft
- St Patrick’s Day Color by Number Hundreds Chart
- Addition St Patrick’s Day Worksheets – add and dab the lucky clover with a cute Leprechaun
- Work on Addition within 20 with this Craft kids will make from St Patricks Day Math Worksheets
- Free st patrick day printables Addition BINGO makes practicing math FUN – print in color or black and white!
- Pot of Gold Addition Game
Rainbow Activities for Kids
Looking for more fun rainbow activity ideas? Check these out!
- How to Grow Rainbow Crystals EASILY at Home – Spring Science Activity
- Beautiful Rainbow Slime Activity for Kids
- Yarn Wrapped Rainbow Craft for Kids
- Paper Plate Rainbow Craft for Preschoolers
- Rainbow in a Jar Density Experiments
- Simply Rainbow Density Experiment for springtime
- Grow a Rainbow – Capillary Action Experiment for Kids
- Delicious Rainbow Stem scienc with jelly beans
- Rainbow Handprint Craft
- Easy Tissue Paper Rainbow Craft for Spring
- Rainbow Toast makes a yummy snack!
- Super cute Rainbow Math with a DIY abacus activity
- Rainbow Painting with Cars Activity
- Free printable Rainbow Color Matching Game
- Craft Stick Rainbow Craft
- Rainbow Rhyming Activity for Kindergarten
- Rainbow Worksheets for kids
- Free Connect the Dot Rainbow Printable for Preschoolers
- Hands-on Rainbow Math Activities for Preschoolers
- Rainbow Playdough Shape Mat
- Lots of fun ideas in this Rainbow Preschool Theme
- Rainbow Read, Rhyme and Dab St Patricks Day Activity
- Work on early literacy skills with this Rhyming Rainbows St Patricks Day for Kindergarten
St patrick’s day Worksheets
For elementary age students, check out these fun, hands-on printable activities for St Patricks Day.
- Learn about Ireland for Kids with these free printable books or these Ireland Coloring Pages to read, color, and learn!
- Pot of Gold Math St Patricks Day Activity
- Work on reading comprehension with these St Patricks Day Worksheets
- I Spy St Patricks Day Printables
- St Patricks Coloring Pages
- Printable St Patrick’s Day Scavenger Hunt
- St. Patrick’s Day Printables Write The Room
- Clover Letter Find St Patrick’s Day Worksheets
- Clover Pattern Strips – FREE St Patrick’s Day Printables for Preschool
- Free Printable March Writing Prompts or these calendar march writing prompts
St Patrick’s Day Activities
Looking for some cute St patricks day crafts or clever st patricks day activities, don’t miss these fun ideas:
- Super FUN Leprechaun Rocks Science Experiment
- Mr Lucky Shamrock Craft for St Patricks Day
- St Patricks Day Slime Activity for Kids
- Yarn Wrapped Rainbow Craft for Kids
- Pot of Gold Craft with fun name recognition activity
- St Patrick’s Day Color by Numbers Printable Hat
- Rainbow Handprint St Patrick’s Day Craft for Kids
- Over the Rainbow St Patricks Day Handprint Craft
- St Patricks Day Science – Skittle Science Activity
- Leprechaun SLIME – St Patricks Day Activity for Preschoolers
- Pot of Gold Glitter Slime – St Patricks Day Activity
- Shamrock Craft – St Patricks Day Art Project for Kids with black glue
- 7 Cute Handprint St Patrick’s Day Crafts for Preschoolers
- Color Hunt St Patricks Day Ideas for Toddlers
- Lucky Clover St Patrick’s Day Crafts for Toddlers
- Stamping Clovers St Patricks Day Shamrock Craft
- Rainbow Easy St Patrick’s Day Crafts
- Super Cute Hanging Rainbow St Patrick’s Day Crafts for Toddlers
- Whip up a batch of this lovely green contact solution slime
- Pick up some new favorite St patricks day books for kids
Or take a peak at this weeks worth of activities in our St Patrick’s Theme , this St Patrick’s Day theme Preschool, or all our ideas to celebrate with st patrick’s day activities for kids of all ages!
Check out these outrageously FUN spring science experiments for kids:
- Beautiful Chromatography Flowers made with science!
- Amazing Food Coloring Flower Experiment Worksheet where you can turn a flower into two seperate colors!
- Grow a Shamrock Activity – St Patricks Day Science for Kids
- Color Mixing Science – St Patricks Day Activity for Preschoolers
- Have you tried making butter experiment
- Colorful Jelly Bean Experiment exploring difusion and color matching with a simple activity for kids
- You’ve got to try this simple Color Changing Slime
- Simply Rainbow Density Experiment for springtime
- How Big is a Raindrop – try this raindrop experiment to find out!
- Egg Drop Challenge with marshmallows!
- You’ve got to try this Lego Balloon Car
- Make a popsicle stick catapult
- Colorful Polymer Chemistry Experiment
- MUST try capillary action experiment
- Lego DIY Zipline for your backyard
- How to Make a Weather Vane the EASY way
- Pop Rocks Experiment kids will LOVE!