These are SO. MUCH. FUN! Not only was this Pool Noodle Craft easy and fun to make, but they have literally led to hours of fun for my kids. Can you say screen free? Add this twist-a-pal pool noodle activity to your summer bucket list or any time of the year… it will not disappoint! This summer activity for kids is fun for toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd graders too!
Pool Noodle Craft
Looking for an OUTRAGEOUSLY fun pool noodle craft that is fun to make and loads of fun to play with too! This clever pol noodle idea allows toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, and grade 3 students to play and have fun on the pool deck all summer long. This is such a fun summer activity!
diy pool noodle crafts
What You Need:
- Pool Noodle
- Permanent Marker
- Large Popsicle Sticks
- Serrated Knife
** While the pool noodles are easy to cut with a serrated knife, please do not leave your children unattended with the knife. I did not let my daughter cut the pool noodles with the knife, just to be safe.
pool noodle crafts
To start, I combined two large popsicle sticks together with tape. I did this first so that I could measure the correct length of pool noodle. I did this by laying the popsicle sticks on top of the pool noodle and marking it off. I cut along this line.
Then I cut that section of pool noodle into thirds.
The purpose of the popsicle stick is, this is what is going to keep the pool noodle pieces together but allow them to twist as well.
pool noodle ideas
There are three parts to these characters: the head, body and legs. You can literally choose any character you want. My daughter drew the characters onto the pool noodles with a permanent marker. The characters she chose were a princess, robot and a goofy looking man.
You could also do:
- Football Player
- Mail Carrier
- Police Office
- Any animal really
- Or just three goofy characters
Pool noodle games
So what is the point of this?
Each part of the character is on a different piece, and the pieces will twist. Which means you can have a princess head, with a robot body and a goofy man’s legs.
When I tell you that this led to hours of creative fun, it really did. We ended up making multiple of these sets and they became the center of pretend play for hours! The creative ideas that my kids had were amazing to me and the giggles that were coming from my kids made my mama heart happy!
- First Day of Summer Printable Hat
- Watermelon Rhyming Activities for Kindergarten
- Practice making letters with this hands-on Watermelon Printables
- Count to 20 with these Watermelon Summer Playdough Mats
- Smore Skip Counting Activity
- Count to 10 Vegetable Printables
- Counting Farm Animals Worksheets
- Zoo Animal Worksheets
- Summer Maze Kindergarten Sight Word Worksheets
- Summer Counting Clip Cards
- Printable Summer Math Worksheets
- Grab these Summer Free Printable Bookmarks and a book off our Kindergarten Book List
- Bee Ten frame addition worksheets pdf
- Grill and Count Summer Playdough Mats
- Ice Cream Counting to 20 Activity
- Free Bubble Word Family Activity
- Pirate Number Sense Game
- Ice Cream Pattern Activity for Kindergarten
- I Spy Ice Cream Printables
- Hot Dogs Number Words Activity
- Fishing Math Craft is a fun Number Bond Activities
- Practice writing with these summer writing prompts for kindergarten worksheets or Build and Write Lego Writing Promtps
- Practice Tracing Letters with this summer themed Ice Cream Printables
- Work on phonics skills with these Beginning Sound Activities for summer
- Sandcastle Subtraction Craft
- Practice counting and tracing with these cute Sandcastle Summer Worksheets
- Surfboard Opposite Puzzles
- Camping Worksheets to work on math and literacy skills with kindergartners
- Seeds Find the Letter Worksheets
- Garden Seeds Adding to 10 – Addition Activities for Kindergarten
- Summer Kindergarten Worksheets to work on math
- Swimming Goggles Alphabet Matching Game
- Pool Summer Counting Count and Trace Activity for Numbers 1-20
- Practice letter tracing on these cheery summer tracing worksheets
- Summer Color by Number Worksheets
Summer Activities for Kids
- Silly Grass Craft for Kids
- Summer Handwriting Worksheets
- Fun Seeds and Plants Activities for Kindergarten
- 30 Fun June Crafts for Kids
- Lego DIY Zipline
- Exploding Watermelon Science Experiment
- Sidewalk Chalk Recipe
- 31 July Crafts for Kids
- Amazing Homemade Bubble Solution for GIANT Bubbles
- Ice Cream Edible Playdough
- Bubble Painting
- 2 Ingredient Easy Slime Recipe
- Beautiful Flower Suncatcher Craft
- Marshmallow Shooter STEM Activity
- How to Make a Lava Lamp
- Stunning Coloring Flower Science Experiment
- 107 Summer Activities for Kids