Preschoolers and kindergarteners will love learning and practicing identifying lowercase letters with these super cute, free printable Candy Corn Alphabet mats. This candy corn printable makes it fun for children to practice alphabet tracing, letter recognition with a find the letter activity, and color by beginning sound to work on phonemic awareness. This is such a fun literacy activity for Halloween in October.
Candy Corn Activity
Do your kids love candy corn? We love doing fun, educational activities that draw on children’s interests so we created these candy corn printables that help preschoolers, kindergarteners, and grade 1 students work on letter recognition, letter tracing, color by sound, and a letter find for all alphabet letters A to Z.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love these no prep alphabet printables for helping young children work on letter recognition and fine motor skills. Use these in a literacy centers, extra practice, as you school at home, summer learning or as part of a letter of the week curriculum.
Candy Corn Printable
This is where the fun begins. There are many ways children can complete these no-prep free alphabet worksheets.
After sounding out the letters at the top of the left hand side of the page and tracing the letters at the top of the right side of the page, they can
- circle, cross out or dab, the matching letters in the first candy corn using crayons, markers, bingo dabber or colored pencils
- in the second candy corn, they will practice tracing the uppercase and lowercase letters
- In the third candy corn, they will be working on beginning sounds. After saying the name of the picture, they can color in, dab or cover the pictures that begin with the correct sound
If you choose to laminate the pages, you can use a hole punch and a c clip or binder ring to keep the pages together and flip through them for convenience. This printable pack comes mainly in black and white with one small color picture per page. This should save you on printer ink costs.
Candy Corn Activities
Looking for more candy corn activities for kids? You will love all these creative ideas!
- Free Candy Corn Words
- Candy Corn Edible Playdough
- Addition and Subtraction Candy Corn Math
- Phonics Puzzles with a fun Candy Corn Theme for Fall
- Alphabet Tracing Worksheets
- Candy Corn Flip Cards
- Candy Corn Counting Mats
- 28 Candy Corn Activities for Kids
- EPIC Candy Corn Popsicle Stick Catapults
- Candy Corn Multiplication and Division Puzzles
- Counting Candy Corn Puzzles
- Candy Corn Turkey Count and Trace
- Free pumpkin activity printables that uses Pumpkin Candy to Count and Trace
- Practicing Counting with Pumpkin Seed Counting Activity
- Pumpkin Letter Tracing – use with a dry erase marker or playdough
- Super cute parts of a pumpkin craft to help kids learn the parts of a pumpkin
- Improve reading with this fun Word Family Pumpkin Activities for Kindergarten
- Fall Addition Sticker Worksheets are a fun, hands-on math worksheet
- Pumpkin Pie Number Sense Activities for Preschoolers
- Pumpkin Shape Matching Game to practice shape recognition with kids
- Practice sight words with this fun Pumpkin Sight Word Game
- These super cute Pumpkin Alphabet puzzles allow children to practice letter tracing as well as working on beginning sounds
- Make practicing math fun with this super cute, Pumpkin Patch Math Game
- These fun pumpkin addition task cards are super cute and make practicing fun for kids
- Sneak in some fun practice with these homophone puzzles
- Grab this free Pumpkin Life Cycle Worksheet pack to learn about the life cycle of pumpkins
- Trace and Erase to practice again with this handy Pumpkin Letter Tracing printable
- Super cute pumpkin pie counting activity – pile on the “whip cream”
- Pumpkin Word Family Slides Printables
- Practice making shapes with these pumpkin shapes playdough mats
- Grab these Pumpkin Addition Worksheets for a no prep math activity for young learners
- This find the letter free pumpkin activity printables
- Adorable Pumpkin preschool pie craft for practicing counting!
- Hands on Pumpkin Shape Games for Preshoolers
- Work on One to One Correspondence Kindergarten with this pumpkin pie themed math activity
- Work on Number Bonds to 10 with these pumpkin themed math worksheets for kindergarten and grade 1
- Kids will love this Pumpkin Phonics activity where they will work on beginning sounds to put together these alphabet puzzles.
- Trace numbers and work on 1:1 correspondence with this free pumpkin activity printables
Download Candy Corn Letter Mats
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!