Have you tried writing the room? Basically, you put words around the room with our free fairy tale printables. Children will take their fairy tale workheets and walk around the room, writing all the words they see. THis is a grea way to practice writing and building vocabulary at the same time. Plus these write the room worksheets are lots of fun for preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten age children. Simply print writing center ideas for kindergarten and you are ready to go!
Writing the Room
Write the Room activities are popular among teachers and students. Your student can also enjoy this activity by using the Write the Room Fairy Tale Worksheets. It is a great way to for your student to burn up energy while learning spelling, vocabulary, and engaging in handwriting practice. Activities that allow children to get up and move are always a favorite and have potential to make the lessons stick. Use this writing the room activity with preschoolers and kindergartners at home or school.
Fairy Tale Worksheets
Write the room worksheets
Print the cards. You may want to print on card stock or laminate them to reuse them. Print the student record sheet for your child. Then take the cards and place them around the room. Have your child go around the room and find the cards. As your child finds a card have him write the word next to the corresponding picture on the record sheet. You can place one fairy tale set at a time or more depending on how your child enjoys the activity.
Writing center ideas for kindergarten
- Use the cards as writing prompts for your child.
- If your child has magnetic letters or foam letters to spell out the words under each card.
- Your child can use the cards to tell the fairy tale story out loud.
- Use the cards to write the story of the fairy tale as the child progresses with vocabulary and writing.
- Have your child find the cards like a treasure hunt. Then the child can either write the word or say the word.
- You can hide the cards and have two or more children race to find the cards.
Fairy tales worksheets pdf
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!